[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Time to think about things beyond FFXI

Time to think about things beyond FFXI

This is where old events can be filed.

Time to think about things beyond FFXI

Postby Sephiros » Sun May 14, 2006 4:44 am

I spoke to Piraya on XBOX360 Voice chat for a couple hours and we both generably agree that FFXI is wearing away. I tried comming back but unfortunately even with the expansion I am not finding much replay value nor as much interest in the game anymore.

Therefore, I would like to propose that we not just do FFXI, we expand a bit on the gaming scene. I may be wrong but I consider some of you pretty close buds since I spend more time with you than my own families :)

I understand that dropping FFXI is probably not an option, nor should it be. Some people have goals in it and THEY SHOULD complete it. I suggest if you have some funding perhaps purchase an XBOX or XBOX360 and we can do some other games and communicate with each other a little more.

Piraya said he is gonna post alot more so maybe when he does you can respond in there.

As for me I decided I have lived FFXI enough and I am gonna retire. My goals have pretty much been acomplished myself. Basically as before I will continue to post in hopes we can get more communication outside of FFXI.

LoL Bah listen to Piraya's post when he posts it it will explain shit better...
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Estarie » Mon May 15, 2006 12:56 am

Ohhh ... not losing more ppl ... /cry
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Mon May 15, 2006 12:31 pm

Esty, I wouldn't consider this as losing people. Maybe losing people from this game but with any game it tends to lose its charm over time, especially playin as long as some have and as much drama experienced in a video game. This game is different in many ways, to me at least. I believe this game was a great way to meet new people and friends. It has done that. I would like to believe that people can continue this friendship beyond the FFXI world and try new things together. I'm not askin you to quit this game outright but it would be nice to play a few other games. I have an extra xbox I was planning on shipping you Estarie if you indeed want it and would be willing to jump on a few cross platform games to play and get to know each other. Xbox Live is a great place to talk with voice. Voice makes things like organization and getting to know each other much easier. Saturday night/Sunday morning I got the chance to BS with Seph for like 2+ hours. For the conversations we had trying to type all that shit would have easily taken 4+

And here I am babbling. As it stands I need at the very least a long break from FFXI. One of my major things discussed with Seph was that what is the point of this game? IMO the point of FFXI to me was making friends, reaching goals like 75 blm, and moving on. When playing for as much as I did I felt like it was sucking me in and I needed to take a step back. And in that step back I want to feel I have accomplished something. Regardless of making 75, if I didn't make true lasting friendships here that go beyond this game I have accomplished nothing IMO.

Now to the meat of why Xbox or Xbox 360. Xbox Live is a great place to meet new people. Play all types of games. Voice communication is amazing. How many times has shit gone wrong and you gotta put down the controller to type? WTF is that. I want to take the key members of what made WanderingSouls truely great into Xbox Live and have a mini clan going. There are many team based games like Call of Duty 2(cross platform), Halo 2(cross platform), etc. Other games like EA Fight Night 3 is fun to spar with friends, DOA4. If you like racing games we can geek out against each other on some tracks from Forza Motorsports, Project Gotham Racing 3, Need for Speed, etc. There is a game called Huxley coming to the 360 this fall that is a Massive Multiplayer First Person Shooter that just looks amazing and fun. This would require a 360 of course. Point is, Xbox Live is where I'm gonna be for quite awhile, if you want to keep in touch I hope you'll come find me. I love you guys and I really truely feel you are and always will be great friends.

Kevin (Piraya)
Xbox Live ( iPirayai )
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Mon May 15, 2006 2:23 pm

This may come as a surprise to you, but I have a tendency to get addicted to games and for that reason try not to play too many. I knew what would happen when I bought FFXI. Namely that it would rule my life for a long period of time. I'm not sure I realized how long or how complete the rule would be, but here I am still playing almost every waking hour on the game. I've almost reached my goal of level 75, but I'm not sure I want to quit yet. There's still too much in the game I haven't tried:
Dynamis
Assault
Ballista
Besieged
Sky
etc.

As I was getting to the point where I could participate in these things Piraya and Sephiros were always very helpful. To be perfectly honest, now that I can finally help repay the favours I feel a little bit betrayed that you guys are walking away. Playing during all my free time has to stop, and I think together we can help each other out with that, but I still think there is much we can do together and have lots of fun. I've been dying for a Ballista with me and Piraya vs. Aelfwise and Kolob. Come on, how cool would that be?

In a perfect world I would love to have you guys hop on maybe two days a week and we have a very specific plan on what we will be doing on those days. Rather than signing on every day and having no clue what to do, but sticking around because we have nothing else to do.

As far as other games on other systems I still treading water waiting to see what Sony will come out with. I got my PS2 a year and a half after it came out just for FFX. I bought a GameCube about two years after it came out for Zelda. I also bought an N64 about three years after it came out for GoldenEye. I'm quite the nightmare to these hardware makers because I buy the loss leader system and only two or three games. Although in my defense, I buy the system well after the point where it was a mega profit loss.

The only system right now I'm committed to buying is the new Nintendo. (Is it called the Wii?) I'm willing to try out other games, but my problem with most FPS is the balance. I don't enjoy getting fragged seconds after spawning and getting beat by scores of 30-1. The first time it's funny, but I lose all interest after it happens twice.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Mon May 15, 2006 3:11 pm

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Piraya » Mon May 15, 2006 3:18 pm

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Piraya » Mon May 15, 2006 4:31 pm

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Aelfwise » Mon May 15, 2006 5:09 pm

Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Mon May 15, 2006 5:37 pm

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Mon May 15, 2006 5:48 pm

Responding to Aelf, I understand the desire not to pay a couple monthly fee's. But to feel obligated to a game like that...
Responding to Claq, I agree with your approach in sitting back to see what system you want. I have already weighed all them together and will be purchasing the Wii on launch and have both 360 and Wii. As for your approach on thinking I'm asking you to pick up a 360 is not the case. A simple xbox would be sufficient and on xbox live you can talk without worrying about the time of day for cell phone long distance charges etc. for 5 bucks a month. But do as you wish, I can't ask you to do something you're not ready for. But know this, I'm ready for a change and if that means being selfish...for once in past 8 months I'm gonna be.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Next

Return to The Dustbin