[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 745: Use of undefined constant uid - assumed 'uid' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 746: Use of undefined constant gid - assumed 'gid' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Potential Mission Statement regarding Future of Our LS

Potential Mission Statement regarding Future of Our LS

This is where old events can be filed.

Potential Mission Statement regarding Future of Our LS

Postby Piraya » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:11 pm

My Ideas/Aspirations for a unified LS

:arrow: Online Community rather than a relationship based on items.

:arrow: Desire to have all members feel involved in the success and direction of the group as a whole
:arrow: :arrow: Develop emotional ties with one another
:arrow: :arrow: Take pride in your actions, the actions of others, and the quality of the LS.

:arrow: All members welcome to join the Base(social) Linkshell and bring friends regardless of level.
:arrow: :arrow: Of course there are stipulations as far as having a good attitude, ability to coexist with a large group of people, voice your thoughts and opinions clearly and appropriately, and willingless to help others.
:arrow: :arrow: Idea behind this lies solely in building relationships and an online community. This gives members a large pool of people(high or low) to seek help with things like Missions, Quests, NM's, BCNM's, etc. on non event nights.
:arrow: :arrow: My philosophy behind allowing all members regardless of level in the social LS is that the person is not merited solely by level but moreso by their attitude and willingness to help others. Also, as they level...the time you invest in them will develop into a long lasting friend who wishes to help others as well. Would you rather have someone you've know for 2 months or more watching your back or someone who just applied to the LS a week ago and you know nothing about them?

:arrow: Ego, Rude Behavior/Language(healthy and friendly sarcasm within right context is ok), and a general disregard for others wants and feelings is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

:arrow: A place to come and feel comfortable amongst friends while having sister LS's for special events like sky, dynamis,HNM, etc. to keep your interest in the game and your friends peaked.

:arrow: Having "One" Main Social LS vs. a LS for Dynamis, one for sky, one for HNM, etc. all run by different people and never the same group of people usually.
:arrow: :arrow: All members who wish to be involved in Sky, Dynamis, HNM events must hold a pearl to the main social LS as well.
:arrow: :arrow: My hope is to have everyone dedicate their LS time to this LS solely but I understand this is a very difficult request and do not expect members to go by it. However, I do expect you to spend a fair amount of time with the LS community to develop close relationships and bonds with each other to ensure this LS last beyond its maker.

:arrow: My last closing thought is this...This is not meant to be "My" Linkshell or "My" Thing. It is for everyone and about everyone. I want everyone involved in the direction we take. Feel free to take on leadership roles if you wish but remember to have the courteousy to listen to others input with an open ear and weigh both sides. No powertrips, this will be democratic.
:arrow: :arrow: There are many dynamics that play a part of my idea and why it needs to be this way.
:arrow: :arrow: Pride
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: In yourself
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Take pride in what you do and how you do it because it affects everyone.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: In others
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Appreciate your partners in all that they have to offer
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Be courteous
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Willing to help fellow members in need
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: In the Linkshell
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: You have a say in what happens to this community.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: You have a role regardless of how big or small.
:arrow: :arrow: Responsibility
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: This runs hand in hand with pride in yourself. If you take pride in your actions you will come prepared every night. Ask questions if unsure of what you need to do or need to get to prepare.

:arrow: Why to choose this Linkshell...
:arrow: :arrow: If you play this game to feel involved in something great and larger than life then you share my vision of this Linkshell and what I hope for us to achieve.
:arrow: :arrow: This game has a lot to offer and is a great way to make friends in the process. If this is why you play then you will be right at home with us.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Piraya » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:07 pm

Please feel free to post your thoughts, add anything you would like included, point out things you agree or disagree with etc.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:03 pm

It seems like deification of C list celebrities should fit in there somewhere...

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:52 pm

Wow, and I thought Ziquan was just overly infatuated with Chuck...

On topic, very good outline of what we'd like to achieve.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:40 pm

Thank you Aelf, I've been just observing how things are run here and there as I go and generally watching people while trying to think of what I want out a LS at the same time. I've seen both good and bad and wanted to do something big to spur people who are like me and want more out of this game. I've asked several people to take a look at my ideas outside of our LS and I hope they view it positive as well and would like to help get something like this going.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Piraya » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:31 pm

Ok, enough sarcasm and good humor, this thread is serious to me and would like to keep the attitude serious, I will be deleting all posts not on subject.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:29 pm

What is our position on shell hopping? I personally threw out all my other pearls two days after I got this one, but some people who we invite are actually entrenched in other shells. Also there are some people I'd love to have in our shell that have their own shells.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:35 pm

Another concern I have is that lately as we have done more events and partied with more people certain players outside of our shell have gotten negative reputations in our shell. Everyone has the right to like and dislike whoever they want, but I would ask that no matter what your personal feelings that you would treat everyone with respect and civility.

I would suggest that in any future conflicts within the shell, if the language is clearly making people uncomfortable then both sides should be kicked immediately. After both people are given time to cool down, if they show a willingness to forgive and forget then we welcome them back in the shell. If they choose to continue the argument we ask them to go their merry way and then drop any negative comments about them. You don't have to love everyone in the shell, but please leave your ego at the door.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:00 pm

Concerning shell hopping I am ok with it if you give this idea a chance...given the chance you may get the feeling that its a great atmosphere and want all your other LS to join or you may think its not your thing and go back to mostly being on your LS socially...in any case I would ask that you spend a considerable amount of time...I leave the definition of considerable open ended. I ask this because the ideals I wish to surround this LS revolve around ownership and teamwork. If you never give your LS mates enough time to get to know you and you to know them how will you develop a deeper relationship with them? I want the LS to be about the people and the items come second.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

LS mission statement

Postby Kolob » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:16 am

There have been times when i have taken off the ls because of what is being said back and forth. I have tried to get along with almost everyone who has been on the ls. This ls has been a huge part of why i like the game and consider some of the people on here as good a friends as I have here in Utah. The mission statement has everything i like and want in the ls. This has been my ls since about a week after i started the game. I have seen the ups and downs. I know i am not the most vocal on the ls but i try to let my personality do my talking for me. If i can do anything to help the ls uphold this mission statement let me know, and if i fall short let me know. It might be a game but it is a community of friends and we should never forget that.
Kolob
Yhoator Yuppie

Next

Return to The Dustbin