[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - BCNM: Dropping Like Flies

BCNM: Dropping Like Flies

Plans to do a BCNM, ISNM, ENM or camp an NM.

BCNM: Dropping Like Flies

Postby Claquesous » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:09 am

I would like to do this BCNM. I could really use the emperor's hairpin. A friend of mine told me they used it on their thief all the way from 24 to 75. It also looks like it would be good for Ranger. It's a level 30 cap fight so I would probably break out the Noct gear. If anyone else is interested, I'd probably be looking to do it sometime next week.
Last edited by Claquesous on Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:39 pm

There is a NM in Valkurm Dunes that drops I believe. Think the NM is named Valkurm Emperor and its located in White Sands by way of lottery spawn from Damselflies.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Piraya » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:46 pm

Checking on it and its the Empress Hairpin/Emperor Hairpin and these are just like the Leaping Boots. They have two different items one being rare/ex and the other being just rare making it sellable. They both have the same stats and if you're doing this just for the hairpin you would keep and never sell then I'd recommend camping these Damselflies for Valkurm Emperor spawn.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:08 pm

I did a little more research as well and you're right. Apparently the NM drops Empress Hairpin which is Rare/Ex. That sounds a little girly to me. The BCNM still drops the plain old Rare Emperor Hairpin. I'd be willing to do either one. No one else has nominated any BCNMs yet so I figured I'd nominate this. Another something to keep in the back of your mind.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:25 pm

I wouldn't be concerned enough about it having a girlish name considering what the stats are. People aren't going to check your equipment and say..."Ha ha, you have the empress hairpin and not the Emperor you sissy". Well maybe I would! But personally I wouldn't use 30 Beastman Seals when you can camp the NM easily enough for the variant of the same thing.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:13 pm

I'm not sure how much NM hunting you've done but I've done almost 20 hrs worth and have a combined total of one rare drop (the Neckchopper). I agree that 30 seals is a lot to use, but I really don't see anything else I really want to fight right now. The non exclusive version is also nice because I could lend it out to someone else who is doing a thief. Also in my 20 hours, I've never camped a NM with contention before. This one supposedly used to be massively camped. I'm not sure if it still is with the new rare/ex, but I haven't been around the area to find out. This is the best item in the game for a thief from what I hear. I don't care which one I get, I just really would like to have one. If I have to use all 90 of my seals to do it, that may be worth it to me.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:40 pm

I'm not sure of the drop rate for the BCNM but I also think that in BCNM the drops are random and the Emperor Hairpin may not even drop.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:18 am

Here's the URL for all the drops: . I'm going to try hunting the NM a few more times, but if no luck I'd really like to go for this sometime next week.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:42 pm

Finally it seems someone has posted a strategy that they seem confident in. It sounds like it involves two summoners and a thief. Fancy that, you actually need a Thief! I'm not sure if they're suggesting this is all you need. It's sounds like the flies are sleepable which is good. Tehya is one summoner, do we have another? Piraya could come as BLM. I would probably be best off with Ninja as my sub. Anyone want to help me get that?

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:12 pm

Ok Claq...been doing some research in AK forums and putting together what I think would be an appropriate setup based on multiple different ideas.
Thf/Nin
Rdm/Blm or Rdm/Nin
Pld tank
Whm/blm or Sum/whm
DD another Thf/Drk/War/Sam etc. with Nin sub or War sub to help provoke
Blm/Whm to sit with Pld and DD to help take care of target mob nuking

My idea is this...the flies I here form a group close enough that linking is a big problem. Now to solve this people came with idea that one person should like them all while tank provokes 1 target mob, i.e. the NM in this one first and DD and blm help take it down while whm keeps them all alive as quickly as possibly while puller uses 2 hour if Utsusemi wears off as he kites the mob and 1 mob is pulled off by voke one at a time. Now the Rdm/blm or Rdm/Nin. preferably(aka why I'm going after ninja tonight) will help the puller deal with the linked mobs by binding, sleeping, and gravity 2-3 of the 8 left over. This still leaves a hard time for the Thf/Nin to deal with 5-6 mobs chasin him around as others kill target mob asap. If possible the whm can cast SS and with the blm sub can bind one of those remaining mobs and still keep job as main heal and when mob is unboud simply bind again and reuse SS while Pld heals himself.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Next

Return to Monster Hunting