[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - BCNM: Dropping Like Flies

BCNM: Dropping Like Flies

Plans to do a BCNM, ISNM, ENM or camp an NM.

Postby Piraya » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:26 pm

Few questions, how long does flee last? I'm trying to avoid using Thf 2 hour of ultimate evastion but it might come to that so we might have a second thf acting as the DD portion for the second attempt to be link-puller and run around while Pld vokes off one mob at a time while rdm assists the thief by takin 2-3 off the thief to give thief more of a fighting chancing of running around and getting Utsusemi back up if possible. Once I get nin I plan on acting as the Rdm/Nin cause I have a deal of knowledge on soloing and think I could handle 3 of them at a time keeping utsusemi up. Also all mages will need to bring at least 1-2 yag drinks provided hopefully by claquesous or sephiros and possibly a high ether potion to regenerate a large amount of mp. I figure we will need to use 2 hours on first one but once we see how things work after that only use 1 2 hour at the max each try for this.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:47 am

That sounds like a very good plan. From what I heard each fly has about 800 HP, and Diamond Dust does almost 400 damage to each. If this is true, having a couple summoners would really really help. I'll gladly provide all the Yag drinks needed. Some alchemy guy gave me 8 potions yesterday so I'll bring those too. Flee lasts on average about fifteen seconds. Perfect Dodge also lasts about 30 seconds.

So far we have:
Tehya SMN/BLM
Piraya RDM/NIN
Claquesous THF/NIN

I think Aelf could probably be convinced to come as WHM/BLM. It would be nice if we can bring Lummox as PLD/WAR. Then maybe Drakkhen as BLM/??? or Sephiros as SAM/NIN? First thing I need to do is get Ninja and level him up to 15.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:34 pm

Two diamond dusts and a summoner is out of MP unfortunately ><
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:44 pm

Yag drinks and ethers should help with that, but if they really do 400 damage and the flies really do have 800 HP then I'm not too worried. We'll find out I guess.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:08 pm

Yes, this would allow for only 1 run every 2 hours if you want to use a summoner. I would like to try my idea first but make sure everyone is on the same page on what their role is and how/what everyone needs to do and be aware of. This seems like a profitable BCNM and would benefit a lot of people but need to figure a way we can do this without burning 2 hours and waiting another 2 hours to try again.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:06 pm

From what I can tell, Piraya is ready. Is Tehya going as SMN/WHM? If so, she should be ready. I still need to get my Ninja up to 15 and get Utsushemi. We still need buy in from three more people. Aelf would probably make a good WHM. What should his sub be though? Then Seph would probably be willing to come as something DD like. It might be nice to have Lummox as a Paladin meat shield. Another nice thing would be if Deviltwo got his Summoner up high enough. Anyway, I need help getting Utsushemi sometime.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:01 pm

I can help you with utsusemi tonight probably, either that or hit Tehya up since she has a map and I don't. If you don't mind afterwards accompanying me to Maze of Shakrami as I would like to test out TH2 on whether we get better drop rate of silk or not. Hard to believe either side of the issue without testing it out on our own. Some say it helps rare drops and others say it doesn't.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Piraya » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:10 pm

Regarding the party setup I believe I discussed as well as Tehya has brought up the downside of bringing a summoner. In order to be effective she needs to 2 hour which would leave us with not as useful of summoner for next run without waiting another 2 hours. I personally would like to try out this set up.
thf/nin
rdm/nin
pld/war
blm/whm another rdm/nin would be nice but I don't think we have it
whm/blm
DD
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:46 pm

I personally have only found one place where someone has claimed to have beaten this and a number of people who have claimed to get slaughtered, and the one successful person used two Summoners with no mention of 2 hour for them. I'm not sure what the role of the RDM/NIN is. Is he for nuking or for sleeping? Either way, isn't a BLM better? When it comes to magic, I really don't know what I'm talking about, I just am more comfortable with doing something I know works.

What strategy are we using? Are we planning on picking the small flys off one by one or kill the big one first? Are we planning on getting them all together then nuking them as fast as possible and praying the thf doesn't die first?

As far as 2 hours go, I would much rather 2 hours and win then not use 2 hours and lose. I only have enough seals to do this five times. I wasn't really planning on doing them all in one night. I'd rather try it then take some time to analyze if our strategy was good.

I want to make sure we plan everything out to the smallest detail. I'll need to get full level 30 equipment before we do this for one. We also should bring potions, ethers, food etc.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:17 pm

I've already posted my strategy, please take the time to go back and read it.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

PreviousNext

Return to Monster Hunting