[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Divine Might, Do you need it? Can I have it?

Divine Might, Do you need it? Can I have it?

Plans to do a CoP, ZM, ToAU, Assault or plain Ranking missions.

Divine Might, Do you need it? Can I have it?

Postby almeada » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:20 pm

I know a few of us made a static to get Sky access a while back so most of us, if not all, are on the Ark Angels mission for ZM. I'd like to get this DM out of the way and get the earring that comes as a reward. Anyone interested, please reply to the post with any 75 jobs you may have available for the run. we only need one pentasphere (or w/e it's called) per run to get everyone the win. That is depending if we win on the first try. The BCNM can hold up to a full alliance of 18.

If someone has done this already and is willing to help, great. Any advice on strategy would be appreciated. i read something about a way to "super tank" this BCNM and would like to try it, however if there is another way to do it, I'm open to suggestions.

I currently only have WHM at 75 for the moment...
ZM: Complete CoP: Complete ToAU: Complete
Apocalypse Nigh: Complete Divine Might: Complete
San'Doria: Rank 10 Windurst: Rank 10 Bastok: Rank 5
SAM75 WHM75 NIN75 RNG75 MNK73 BLM70
almeada
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Jerik » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:06 pm

I have 72 WAR, almost 73, but no sky access... yet.
Jerik
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:03 pm

I need this on Claq - 75 THF.

This mission is stupid hard.

I was able to do it already on Mont. I recommend you have at least 6-8 BLM. Our strategy was:

Manaburn the Mithra - prevents annoying charms
All BLMs nuke Galka as best as possible until it dies being careful to die away from the circle.
Try to force the Elvaan to use it's 2 hours.
Whipe quickly.
Full rest.
Manaburn the tarutaru - it's only one that never leaves the circle.
Use a Ga to get rid of Hume shadows then hopefully nuke it to death quickly.
Hopefully, you'll have enough people left to handle the Elvaan.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby almeada » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:14 pm

yeah i'm 0/3 on it
almeada
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Aelfwise » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:37 am

I've beaten this a few times in my time with CB before the LS self destructed. Our method was as follows:

- Manaburn the Tarutaru first (did it with as few as 4 blms)
- Kiters take the Mithra and the Galka up and down the stairs with Melee beating on the mithra, hopefully avoiding it's sleep ability (poison pots work well to negate this). I've never seen it use charm, maybe this is what Claq is referring to.
- try to kill the Galka before fully wiping (making sure everyone has RR) and then getting all your mp hp restored (usually plenty of time left by this point)
- full out attack the Elvaan. Once it 2 hours the rest is usually easy. The Hume is normally not too difficult either since it uses Mijin Gakure pretty much guaranteeing a win if there's a member still alive

That's about it. Seems alot simpler as a plan than executed but it's not a hard concept anyways. A good number of BLMs make this much easier, but they're not totally necessary.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:53 am

Isn't it sad how both strategies involve whiping?

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:15 pm

I guess you could say that, but it's the most sure-fire way to completely lambast a couple of the mobs and then setup for another round of it again. As a WHM I really dont notice the exp loss (RR3 it's so grand) lol.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby almeada » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:36 pm

the super tanking method seems like it could work without wiping but i guess you would have to have competent ppl on the run.
almeada
Kuftal Kicker

Return to Missions