Dang old Diabolos fight 4 Sexy Mayous =).

Plans to do a CoP, ZM, ToAU, Assault or plain Ranking missions.

Dang old Diabolos fight 4 Sexy Mayous =).

Postby Tehya » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:21 pm

Am sorry first run fell through hun. But still working on getting the right setup for it. My RDM wasn't on Sat early enough, he is in the moving stage from one city too the other. Finally sweet talked xorlirran enough too help again, then still have Sexy <Zyeur> willing too help also.
Am trying again for this Sunday coming up <10am est>. But if I see you and everyone else on during this wk, may try too get a quick run at him then. It won't be till after 6-7pm est, just a heads up. =)
These things take time like every fuk thing ingame. Don't giveup just yet, plz.
They made this fight plus Diabolos CoP 100% worse even with the right setup too conquer.....<3

(Here is alil run down of a strategies)
>>>>>There are two cheap-shot strategies to win this fight. This first one makes use of the RDM/DRK. If you can’t find one, well, actually, I don’t know. Tell me what you can do without a RDM/DRK. But anyway, here is the strat if you have one:
Party setup: RDM/DRK, 5 open spots (mostly DD, though a tank or a WHM is also helpful)
<!--[if !supportLists]-->
Fight Diabolos until he is roughly at 70%, stunning Nightmare the normal way until this point.
At 70% the RDM/DRK begins Chainspell Stuns
<!--[endif]-->Everyone else that can do damage goes ALL OUT NUTS with trying to kill Diabolos as fast as possible.

(This is the one we are doing)
That's method one. Don't know a RDM/DRK? Want to pay a bunch of BLMs and a PLD to help you get through this? Here's the second "sneaky" method.

Party setup: Mayous---> PLD, BLM, BLM, BLM, RDM, WHM (more BLMs = faster kills)
Everyone enters the BC.
PLD disbands from the party, drops down, gets "drawn in"
PLD is reinvited to the party, uses Invincible

BLMs nuke from above, not being drawn in and being safely out of the range of Nightmare.
Why does this work? Well, Diabolos only draws in everyone in at the beginning of the fight. But the PLD is the only one in the party (he's solo actually) so the rest of the people in the BC don't get drawn in After that, Diabolos only draws in people out of range that get too much hate. But with a PLD invincible those BLMs can nuke their little hearts out without problem. It doesn't take that many high-level Thundaga or Blizzaga spells to finish the demon off. This seems REALLY dirty to me, but if it works, it works.

A lot of strategies involve multiple BLMS, but really, melees can dish out serious pain at level 75 too. If you want to fight him conventally, trying to stun or outrange Nightmare, go ahead. I just included those two because they seem to be relatively fool proof (though knowing some fools on FFXI I wonder sometimes.) I’d love to see a party with multiple MNKs with god gear all using Hundred Fists. That would be fun.

One final note: just because you’re focusing on offense doesn’t mean a WHM will be a leech. Benediction is a great way to wake people up and heal the massive damage from Ruinous Omen, and the rest of Diabolos’s moves hurt hard too. So give one of those WHMs that want this fight a chance.

Diabolos move list:
Move
Type
Effect

Drain
Magic Steals some HP

Aspir
Magic Steals some MP

Sleepga II
Magic AoE sleep effect
Poison potions prevent sleep

Dispelga
Magic AoE dispel effect
Removes a postive buff

Blindga
Magic AoE blind effect

Noctoshield
Ability Gives Diabolos phalanx

Dream Shroud
Ability Gives Diabolos magic attack
and magic defense bonus.

Camisado
Ability Damage

Nether Blast
Ability Ranged damage

Ultimate Terror
Ability
AoE, drains several attributes
Doesn't actually give terror effect

Nightmare
Ability AoE sleep + powerful bio
No reliable way to wake up
STUN THIS MOVE!

Ruinous Omen
Ability Diabolos's "2-hour" ability
Does a random % damage of remaining HP
Hurts but can't kill

Strategy tips:

Diabolos is dark based. Dark attacks and spells will be useless against him. Weapon skills that form light skillchains or spells that magic burst light will be more useful. Sadly, because of his high level, Banish and Flash are not very powerful on Diabolos.
Avoid standing on tiles that will be removed by looking for and avoiding tiles with dark outlines.
Nightmare must be stunned. One successful casting of Nightmare may doom your entire party.
Diabolos can be silenced to stop his casting of Drain, Aspir, Sleepga II, Dispelga, and Blindga. Not that it helps much.

Nightmare is actually a targetted ability. The center of the AoE is one of your party members. It is possoble, though difficult, to outrange this move.

Diabolos won’t start spamming Nightmare until approximately 30% damge (70% life). Do not begin RDM/DRK chainspell stun until this point. If you have two RDM/DRKs you can start earlier but having two is totally not necessary.Once you are covered by stunnings go absolutely all out on damage. Use any abilities and 2-hours you have available to increase your firepower.
As long as a tank has secured hate while not in the party, BLMs that were not drawn in can nuke from above with saftey.

Ruinous Omen appears to be unstunnable. Diabolos seems to use this around 55% damage (45% life). It will kill no one but will lower everyone’s HP dramatically and make you vulnerable to being picked off by a weaker move.
Benediction is a great way to save the party from annihilation. Just saying.
It’s you or him at this point. Don’t pull your punches because he won’t be pulling his. If your firepower overwhelms Diabolos you will gain his whisper. Return to Kerutoto to choose your reward. <<<<<<
LV75 Whitemage {yes, please}<{Done} {CoP}<{Done} {Assault}<{LV4}
What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.
My Love:
Truly, I am the dream you have,
but the reality you cannot accept.
Therefore, for the rest of my life...
I walk with my arms wrapped around
the emptiness of you beside me.
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Mayous » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:12 am

Thank you for that and I know you hvent forgotten I'm just waiting till you send me that tell or msg saying "Hey Babez lets do it" And I'm gone like the wind lol. Anyway keep me up todate
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:46 am

I need this still...died to Diabolos too many times already cause he got incredibly cheap (falling down holes and being untargettable at 1% being the worst one...).

The one method you mentioned, pld disbanding then being reinvited, I think has been disabled. I could be incorrect, but from what I've heard anyone that is involved now will be drawn-in. Again, if I'm wrong then by all means kick his butt that way hehe.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Tehya » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:50 am

Lol wouldn't doubt it Aelfie. But we'll see, have ppl ready too go on Sunday May. Now lets see if they all showup at 10am bright & early. =)
My Love:
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Mayous » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:24 pm

Alright hun I'll be there bright and Early 10am Sunday
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Tehya » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:36 pm

Even with the sleepyheads alarm clock not working correctly, *cough*. You still got him =). Congratz babez!!!
My Love:
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Mayous » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:30 am

Thanks for helping me set this u we almost bat record for win. 3min 15sec. we work well together Tehya lol. Anyways if you need something in the future let me know
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:08 am

well, if you can get this for a (too weak) ol' PLD think you could get this for a squishy WHM Tehya? hehe. I've died to this too many times to just try grabbing people from aht urghan...lol
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Mayous » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:13 pm

Oh so I'm a too weak ol PLD now huh? I see how it is Aelf, Jealous are we :P
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby kaelsam » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:02 pm

i can help get this bastard cause i still need him as well. 0/29. one more try and i think im done with him. Tehya the pld disbanding cheat no longer works. He has however started using some really good hacks here lately lol. Last try we couldnt even hit him 3 mnks wasted 2 hrs cause they missed every single attack. Idk wtf kinda hacks hes using but he needs to share damn it
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Next

Return to Missions