[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Official Forum?

Official Forum?

Discussion about various topics related to FFXI.

Official Forum?

Postby Krichtan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Is it just me or does it seem a bit odd that after all these years they are just now going to start an "Official Forum"? It should be interesting. Any thoughts?
Krichtan
Qufim Quelcher

Re: Official Forum?

Postby Aelfwise » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:28 am

It does seem very odd to me, especially since they've put so much clout on the other sites to promote themselves. Have to see what they actually do with it. Maybe there will be better input/developer dialogue.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Krichtan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:57 am

That would be nice. Maybe a chance to discuss what they are working on would be really nice. Just seems late in the game to be doing such things. I wonder if they are thinking FFXIV will not be the takeover they were hoping for. They have The Lodestone for FFXIV. I wonder if this new Forum for FFXI will look something like that except with an added Forum. I think you can only do blogs on the Lodestone atm.

Edit: So I just looked and they are also doing the same thing for FFXIV. They are making an "Official Forum" for it as well. Perhaps this is stemming from new management and they decided to do the same for FFXI. I know in December the Main guy for FFXIV stepped down accepting responsibility for FFXIV's failure at launch.
Krichtan
Qufim Quelcher

Postby Claquesous » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:02 pm

They also added a new Twitter Feed that seems like it will be killed when the forum goes live. I have enjoyed the more frequent updates from the Twitter feed, but I agree it's very late in the game's lifespan to introduce these communications. It seems they've given up on VanaFests though. I never went to one myself, but I was considering maybe going at some point.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Krichtan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:58 am

Well, it's interesting so far. I like some of the feedback and devtips they have given out. But all the complaining is getting old.
Krichtan
Qufim Quelcher

Postby Claquesous » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Not enough complaints for me!

I hate how I can't login without my security token. Dumb!

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Krichtan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:53 pm

So I have only had to log in once with my security token. I checked the "Remember ID" box and I haven't had to use my token since. Same at work as well.
Krichtan
Qufim Quelcher

Postby Aelfwise » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:35 pm

I just tried to log in without the token and I was refused, not sure how you are managing to circumvent them, must be haxxors!!!
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Krichtan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Lol, well I only had to log in the first time with the token. It remembers me after that :D
Krichtan
Qufim Quelcher

Return to FFXI Discussion