[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Job Changes

Job Changes

Discussion about various topics related to FFXI.

Job Changes

Postby Mayous » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:34 pm

Omfg they would wait until I cant play to change my SMN!!!!!!!!! They finally gave us refresh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG! I'm so pissed and Excited at the same time.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Re: Job Changes

Postby Claquesous » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Some people were saying on wiki that this makes SMN overpowered and makes BRD or COR useless. I completely disagree. I think it's a nice little boost, but probably not more than that. SE has been looking for a way to make Summoners keep their avatars out for years, and I think they've finally hit on something.

I think a lot depends on the AoE range of the status enhancements. My guess is that it will be comparable to a BRD song or COR roll. Most of the time a SMN will send in the avatar from far away so the DD will experience the benefit, but the mages won't. Alternatively, the SMN can keep the avatar by the mages, but then it's not doing any damage. If on the other hand the range is long enough that the whole party can experience the benefit then this is a pretty big change.

SMN isn't really a great campaign job in general, but this would be pretty helpful for that I'd expect.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

I'm curious if the BST change which lets you pick the ability will still let you use a random one. That might interest Aelf.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Mayous » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm hoping that it's just a group buff in general. I'm sure it proboly is a small range around the Avatar but hey here's hoping lol. I shoud be back in Late Nov. Maybe Early Dec. For atleast 2 weeks to a month, I'll send you your CC's from Alricks Account if I can afford to Turn it on.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:55 pm

I think the range on the SMN "Aura's" will be similar to the range they gave AoE buffs like Protectra. They increased the range avatars can buff from, centering on themselves, so I see this as being very similar. There's some great benefits from it, I just wish I got to use SMN in endgame more lol.

As for BST, there are a lot of mixed emotions regarding it. First of all, the addition of charges really limits the usage of certain Jug Pets. I'm sorry, but being able to summon a cactuar pet for 15 minutes gives me what...at max 2 1000 Needles if I have to wait a full 6 minutes to use it each time, even if my pet doesn't die before that. On top of that this update only applies to Jug Pets, we still cannot choose what natural pets will use, and they are generally much better pets too (why do we get regular Funguars but not HQ Funguar Jugs :evil:)

Anyways, the SMN update is a winning situation that will let us actually summon and use our avatars more. The BST update is at best a sidegrade and doesn't really deal with the true issues as it currently is. Maybe they will see the unhappy BST population and give it a little redux, but at this point i'm not really holding my breath.

Looking forward to seeing you back May, hoping sooner rather than later :)
Aelfwise
Sky God

Return to FFXI Discussion