[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Ways to tell you have been playing FFXi too long...

Ways to tell you have been playing FFXi too long...

Discussion about various topics related to FFXI.

Ways to tell you have been playing FFXi too long...

Postby Lordofchaos » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:28 pm

Whilst at work (watching the clock tick and wondering if your items on
the AH have sold) you consider shouting

"{Tele-} {Can I have it?} {Please Assist} {Reward} 10k" just to get out of there!!!

when your at work and your thinking about leveling your tarutaru black
mage so he can wear his new tunic.

You are about to go on holiday, you go to a foreign exchange to get some currency for your holiday and seriously wonder why there's no exchange rate for Gil before laughing at yourself

While your at work you wonder why you can't warp back to your home
point. Also you wonder why the red crystal you use for cooking a bastok
sardine is not cooking, it's just sitting there on the table lol..i'm
bored. >_>.

When you start mailing your stuff to yourself , cause you run out of
room at your place.

when in work,all you think about is how all your linkshell are on playing ....right now!!

Constantly visit the same website over and over to check if you are missing anything new updated within the last 2 mins.

if you finally convince yourself to hit the sack as you see the sun rising

After you have been fishing for four or more hours you can barely hold your head up because the sound of running water is so soothing.

You start making deals with yourself after playing for eight straight hours. Things like:

"100 more exp points and then I'll turn it off."

"One more stack."

"As soon as I get through this last stack of bait..."

"As soon as my ________ sells in the AH."

I just gotta stop home and make some more Juices for my Bazaar Seller.

You wonder why you can't sit down and craft some cloths at work

In your sleep, you dream you're running your character across Vanadiel.

And running. And running. And running.

When you typing you start you sentences out with "/".

when you talk in real life using things out of auto translate.

when you're seriously considering moving to California to sign up as a GM...

...you're balancing the budget and wonder how many mules you can have
if you get rid of that $30/month telephone bill

...get more excited over seeing a name popup in your friendslist than

that friend who's been knocking at your door for the past five hours.

...when you compare your a-hole friends to the exceptionally nice PLD's

you've met while saying: "Why can't you be like him?"

...really consider buying things at the store for cheap and selling them for higher prices at eBay auctions

...admit you have a game addiction but refuse treatment from the Gamer's Clinic because you just don't have an airship pass.

When walking around in large empty areas thinking that the people around havent poped up yet, due to server lag.

You wonder why, during work, you see a 100% in the corner of your eye. And when you ask your friends about it, they give you a creppy look.

...your supervisor asks you to make a stack of papers and your reply
is: "In 12s or 99s?"

...you frequent the donut shop and ask for a stack of glazed donut holes, to be replied with: "What the *** is a stack?"

I was in a meeting at work and a co-worker had on some fancy earings and I was wondering what stats the earings were giving her.

your driving down the road and you try to examine the chick walking on the sidewalk to see how old she is lol.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Aelfwise » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:42 pm

did you come up with those on your own? That's a pretty good joke rant list there hehe.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Sephiros » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:54 pm

here is another way you can tell you play too much FFXI...

Roundhouse on our server not only has the Relic sword, he has the Relic Shield, and 2 shadow pieces that are fucking crazy. Take a gander...

---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:13 am

I especially liked the one about mailing stuff to yourself. It makes no sense in real life yet I do it all the time in the game. A lot of the others are frightenly true.

Roundhouse has been playing for quite a long time but the real reason why he has such nice items is that he has screwed people out of millions and millions of gil on more than one occasion.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Tehya » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:33 am

Funny his name comes up here.
I can sit here and say this about Roundhouse.
He is very smooth and knows how to worm his way into any shell for what he needs. =(
I had Limbus last night in sea. We all was gathering in Port for the soap. Who shows up, no one other then Roundhouse himself too join our Limbus shell. He is new friends with one of the 3 ldrs in our shell. Seems he just got sea and is on the hunt for pally armor from it now. Well needless too say he got all the pally armor item drops last night on his first run.
All of our poor pallies either dropped their pearl in the middle of battle or after the run, with them stating thier thoughts on what happened. I walked away feeling like crying for the poor pallies, u work so dam hard too buildup points, hoping too be next inline for drop items and he walks in like that. =(
Needless too say I no longer belong to that Limbus shell.
LV75 Whitemage {yes, please}<{Done} {CoP}<{Done} {Assault}<{LV4}
What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.
My Love:
Truly, I am the dream you have,
but the reality you cannot accept.
Therefore, for the rest of my life...
I walk with my arms wrapped around
the emptiness of you beside me.
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:03 pm

That's kind of what I didn't care for about Dynamis. I understand that it's fair to give the drops to the most deserving, but it seems like I'm expected to be there every single time and I'm not willing to commit.

If the shell is structured around fairness and then it changes the rules for someone, I too would quit immediately and try to encourage as many others to quit as possible. I'm sorry you were duped into thinking you were in a fair shell Tehya.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Lordofchaos » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:54 pm

The BIGGEST way to tell u have been playing to long is That i sat here comming up with some of the crap.

Man i want that ring and back

I pt with roundhouse a long time again and he kept lotting on the drops so i kicked him since then i have seen him around but never will group with him.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Claquesous » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:34 pm

A couple weeks ago after partying RDM for like three days straight I dreamt that I had already gotten convert and refresh and that party invites were rolling in with people begging me to party with them.

Lord, you know the anxiety caused by lack of invites so I'm sure you can relate to how pleasant a dream it was. :lol:

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Lordofchaos » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:54 pm

When your at the ER and you see a doctor you wonder why he isn't wearing astral earrings..

Attacking your "Easy Prey" Girlfriend bcuz she yells abuot you playing FF and you aggro link her friends and get K.Oed.

You also discover that her 2hr special is "Super Bit*h Slap Mode"

When ur lifting somethin heavy at work and start to wonder why u can't just "boost"

You enter your house wondering where your storage moogle is

You staple two more tails on your cat, paint it blue and call it Carbuncle

You wonder where all the naked Mithra are in every town you visit.

You attack every visible animal in site around your neiborhood hoping to gain exprience.

You start trying to purchase everything in gil

You visite a middle eastern town and ask where the Teleport-Taru is...

You attempt to use the WHM spell "Silence" on someone who's annoying you.

You associate everything in your life with that of something from Final Fantasy XI.

You ask an owner of a ostridge farm how much gil for a 20 minute ride.

You take of your shoes and run around public places trying to avoid argo.

You wonder how to put everyone's names and linkshell icons back ontop of everyone's head

You look at your playtime and it says 7000 days

when u wear certain clothes to work that because you think they hav certain defense bonuses. and you call your suits armor sets

When you are in that delusional/groggy mode of waking up and you keep trying to type /sleep into your imagination.

while driving to work, u wonder if it'd be cheaper to ride a chocobo instead of a car.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Return to FFXI Discussion