[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Wtf is this guy smoking

Wtf is this guy smoking

Discussion about various topics related to FFXI.

Wtf is this guy smoking

Postby Lordofchaos » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:45 pm

I found this on the xbox final fantasy.

Yesterday, 2:53 AM
Community User Level:2 A list of jobs that Square needs to fix...FAST...

Summoner:

If you’re going to peg them into the support role, give them the ultimate support spell; some form of AEO refresh. Secondly, boost the INT on all avatars and increase their melee damage again (but get it right this time). I’d like to see Avatar nukes matching BLM damage at ALL lvls; not just 70+.

Give them the avatar Phoenix which gives the ability to cast Raise-aga.

Ranger:

Give them back their power; 75% of RNG’s have quit because most people don’t want to spend a small fortune on arrows just to do average damage; at the very least give them supreme accuracy.

Samurai:

SAM should have an ability that gives everyone in the party 100tp; call it whatever you want and put a 5minute re-cast timer on it.

Monk:

Chi-Blast should be a ranged attack in the form of a fire-ball.

Blue Mage:

Have you accepted BLU as your personal Lord&Savior? You might as well because it can do everything else; it can tank, deal out insane damage, and heal for large amounts. If any job needs to get the nerf bat next, it’s BLU…

Ninja:

Increase their Evasion and Parrying by a substantial amount, then make Utsusemi: Ichi/Ni identical to the Blink spell and give it a 15second recast timer; it’s time for these pretty boys to get hit in the mouth like a real tank.

Increase NIN melee damage.

Bard:

Why does every song have the same tune? Give them some variation!

Black Mage:

When a BLM casts Warp2 on someone, that person should have the option to accept or decline the Warp2 action. BLM's having the ability to unwillingly send someone back to his/her homepoint is ridiculous.

/slap to all BLM's who have done this.

Change Bio so that it doesn’t over-ride Dia and vice-versa.

Paladin:

Give PLD a self-buff that adds Holy damage to their sword attacks.

Dark Knight:

Give DRK the Warp spell at lvl50, slightly increase their MP-pool, and for PLEASE do something to improve their 2-Hour (yikes!).

Decrease the amount of TP gained from ABS-TP.

RedMage:

The following spells should be removed from the RDM spell list:

Aquaveil

All EN-spells (to discourage them from meleeing)

All Bar-spells

Cure4 should not be available to RDM until lvl56.

Puppetmaster:

Did FFXI really need another DD class? This job should be deleted from the game and replaced with a new tank-job; I vote for Barbarian.

Warrior:

WAR should be a viable tank from 10-75 without having to sub NIN to survive; give them a nice defense boost!

Dragoon:

Increase the melee and breath damage of the Wyvern. Also give the Wyvern its OWN TP gauge and make it do its breath attack whenever it reaches 100tp.

Remove all curing abilities from the Wyvern; the very concept of a dragon that keeps people alive is ludicrous; IT’S A DRAGON not a nurse. Heck, if it were up to me the Wyvern would ATTACK party members from time to time just out of its spite for mankind.

Corsair:

“Corsair’s Roll” shouldn’t be a “spell”, it should be an active Job Trait that is gained at lvl50.

Thief:

THF’s should be able to equip guns; it just makes sense, what kind of THF uses a knife to stick people up these days?

White Mage:

Erase shouldn’t be available until lvl38.

Give WHM a +Cure% Job Trait every ten levels starting at lvl40.

This game would make a lot more sense if only HALF of my suggestions were implemented...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FFXI info: (Name: DLaren, Server: Diabolos, Jobs: WHM70 SMN40)

Wtf this guys is a idiot what do u guys think plus he says he is a lv 70 whm
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Lordofchaos » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:56 pm

a little later someone posted.

I have put you down in 2 threads now lets make it 3 for 3. After reading this trash I now know you are nothing but a stupid moron that has no concept of the game at all. I will put my responses in bold under your idiotic posts.

DLaren wrote:

Summoner:

If you’re going to peg them into the support role, give them the ultimate support spell; some form of AEO refresh. Secondly, boost the INT on all avatars and increase their melee damage again (but get it right this time). I’d like to see Avatar nukes matching BLM damage at ALL lvls; not just 70+.

Give them the avatar Phoenix which gives the ability to cast Raise-aga.

You want AOE refresh like brds and cors have to help nerf RDM which is obviously a job you dislike. If you bothered to play CoP you would know why Phoenix is not in the game as an avatar.

Ranger:

Give them back their power; 75% of RNG’s have quit because most people don’t want to spend a small fortune on arrows just to do average damage; at the very least give them supreme accuracy.

Are you a complete idiot? Rng can still do massive pwnage. The RNG "Nerf" balanced the job out compared to other DD jobs and the stupid RNG's that could out damage all other jobs quit because they could not be better than any other dd job in the game.

Samurai:

SAM should have an ability that gives everyone in the party 100tp; call it whatever you want and put a 5minute re-cast timer on it.

Oh gawd yes I can see it now. Get a sam into your party on a hnm and u get to SC at least every 5 mins to just totally kill all hnms with breeze.

Monk:

Chi-Blast should be a ranged attack in the form of a fire-ball.

Chi-Blast is a ranged attack you moron.

Blue Mage:

Have you accepted BLU as your personal Lord&Savior? You might as well because it can do everything else; it can tank, deal out insane damage, and heal for large amounts. If any job needs to get the nerf bat next, it’s BLU…

Here is my response to you WHHAAAAA BLU can do self light ever 5 mins whaaaa. BLU can put some numbers up on the boards but they are not all you make them out to be. Let me guess after they 'nerf' blu rdm will be next b/c rdm can solo genbu, oh wait you are a stupid noob that probably doesn't have sky access so you wouldkn't know what Genbu is.

Ninja:

Increase their Evasion and Parrying by a substantial amount, then make Utsusemi: Ichi/Ni identical to the Blink spell and give it a 15second recast timer; it’s time for these pretty boys to get hit in the mouth like a real tank.

Increase NIN melee damage.

Nin have the best evasion in the game. Once again let me point out that you are a stupid moron. Since you have NEVER killed a HNM you wouldn't know that nins do get hit tanking them.
Bard:

Why does every song have the same tune? Give them some variation!

Cry some more baby. Go find another game you stupid moron.

Black Mage:

When a BLM casts Warp2 on someone, that person should have the option to accept or decline the Warp2 action. BLM's having the ability to unwillingly send someone back to his/her homepoint is ridiculous.

/slap to all BLM's who have done this.

Change Bio so that it doesn’t over-ride Dia and vice-versa.

Sounds like to me you are a whiny little B*tch and several BLM have done this to you at the party leaders request. Since you obviously have no clue about how bio and dia work I will show you this little chart. It lists the spells in order of which override which. The spell to the left overrides the one on the right. Dia<Bio<Dia2<Bio2<Dia3<Bio3

Paladin:

Give PLD a self-buff that adds Holy damage to their sword attacks.

Why?

Dark Knight:

Give DRK the Warp spell at lvl50, slightly increase their MP-pool, and for PLEASE do something to improve their 2-Hour (yikes!).

Decrease the amount of TP gained from ABS-TP.

Absorb TP is just fine, Why would a drk get warp? its a BLM spell. It is a 2hr ablilty its supposed to be powerful, moron.

RedMage:

The following spells should be removed from the RDM spell list:

Aquaveil

All EN-spells (to discourage them from meleeing)

All Bar-spells

Cure4 should not be available to RDM until lvl56.

hmm take away all their abilities to solo anything.

Puppetmaster:

Did FFXI really need another DD class? This job should be deleted from the game and replaced with a new tank-job; I vote for Barbarian.

Although most people would agree with you, you lost your privelge to vote when you were born stupid

Warrior:

WAR should be a viable tank from 10-75 without having to sub NIN to survive; give them a nice defense boost!

War is viable until 30 and then again at 74-75 it is much better as a DD job.

Dragoon:

Increase the melee and breath damage of the Wyvern. Also give the Wyvern its OWN TP gauge and make it do its breath attack whenever it reaches 100tp.

Remove all curing abilities from the Wyvern; the very concept of a dragon that keeps people alive is ludicrous; IT’S A DRAGON not a nurse. Heck, if it were up to me the Wyvern would ATTACK party members from time to time just out of its spite for mankind.

Once again your ideas fail and you are a complete moron.

Corsair:

“Corsair’s Roll” shouldn’t be a “spell”, it should be an active Job Trait that is gained at lvl50.

You fail to understand this job. Why would their own job dice go last you moron?

Thief:

THF’s should be able to equip guns; it just makes sense, what kind of THF uses a knife to stick people up these days?

Let me say this very slowly....this.....is....a....midevil...game....

White Mage:

Erase shouldn’t be available until lvl38.
Give WHM a +Cure% Job Trait every ten levels starting at lvl40.

WAAAA other jobs can sub whm and get erase just like other jobs can sub rdm and get dispel whhhaaaa and your stupdi +cure potency bullcrap thing would completely throw healing mechanics out the window.

This game would make a lot more sense if only HALF of my suggestions were implemented...
In conclusion I find that you are still a whiny little child that has idiotic ideas and you are a complete and total moron who should have their account banned, ip banned and credit card number banned so that you cannot ever play this game again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spaarky
75RDM
40BLM 37(DRK WHM SMN NIN) 20 BLU
Asura, Sheikahz LS
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Claquesous » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:19 am

On the whole I'd say the first person is pretty accurate and that the second is a pompous fool.

I think NIN is clearly used quite differently than SE intended and should probably be tweaked, but I'd be a little disappointed if they nerfed it completely the same way they did to RNG. I'll get into many details on NIN.

They are both wrong about THF. THF can equip several guns, and they probably would if THF had the option to sub RNG, but all THFs have to sub NIN for Dual-Wield.

The second person is wrong about NIN having the best evasion. THF is better, but not significantly. The difference in evasion skill is 7 at level 75, but THF also has the trait Evasion Boost. THF is the best pulling job because they have such high evasion. They don't tank because they can't keep hate for squat and half their purpose is to keep hate on tank with Trick Attack. THF is one of the best soloing jobs. Since the last update increased the damage of many daggers I'd say they are much better suited now. I think the best change would be a slight STR boost.

I think it's pretty clear that SE meant for PLD and WAR to be the tank classes and NIN as a good soloing and DD class. WAR is not as good a tank as PLD, and PLD isn't as good as NIN in most cases. The fix to this in my opinion is to change enemies around so that NIN just isn't good at certain types. For example, I'd much rather have a PLD tank against a Chigoe because they don't hit hard, but they hit a million times a second. NINs also aren't terribly great tanks against Bats and Beetles because evasion down kills shadows quickly. WAR probably wouldn't be a bad tank if they used the equipment that they can equip but only PLDs ever really use. However, most WAR buy DD type equipment and for good reason because WAR is a great DD.

NIN is over used as a sub because of Shadows and dual-wield. Shadows are overrated for sub. Personally, I think SE could fix this by giving WAR and maybe THF dual-wield. I don't think it's all that much of a stretch to have a WAR with two axes or swords. Make it a ability at level 38 or something. Another option would be to increase the delay on dual-wield. I'd keep the higher level tier dual-wields the same though.

NIN also needs some weapon skills for ranged because everyone knows a NIN is supposed to throw ninja stars, but no one ever does. Throwing ammo is also very expensive.

SMN is absolutely awesome for it's 2 hour in BCNM's etc. but is pretty sucky in parties. I think the fix to this is to close the gap between a 2 houring SMN and a regular SMN. I think SMN should be interchangeable with BLM. It is at later levels, but not at low levels.

RNG is dead. COR does about the same ranged damage, but can refresh. I understand some of the reasoning for the ranged attack nerf, but RNGs should be exempt from the rules. RNG used to be arguably the best DD job. Now it is better then average, but it costs massive amounts of gil in ammo.

DRK is an unpopular job. It suffers from low accuracy and a lack of skillchains. The second is easily fixable by just buffing the good skillchain weaponskills. It's not that they can't skillchain it's just that the good weapon skills can't skillchain. They also need refresh for the same reasons PLD did.

I agree that PUP is a sucky job. I personally would've preferred a new tank job too. PUP is not really useful in parties and puppets are creepy and seem expensive.

BLU on the other hand is definitely over powered. I like their versatility, but some of their moves need to be nerfed slightly. The other day I partied with a BLU that said he had been killing the same things our party was killing solo before joining us. That's just ridiculous.

Some cocky players will only party with certain jobs.
Desired jobs: WAR/NIN, MNK, NIN, RDM, BRD, WHM, BLM, BLU, COR.
Denied jobs: PLD, DRK, DRG, THF

SE has buffed all the undesirable jobs lately and I think it's helped but not completely. I don't think they'll ever reach a point where everyone is happy but I would say most of the tweaks other than the RNG killer nerf have been moving the game in the right direction.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Lordofchaos » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:08 pm

He does have some good points now that i acuatlly thought more about it. However u guys need to read the xbox forums for this games its funny some of the childish things that cry about and talk about.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Piraya » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:12 pm

Most and I say "most" of the first guys points are idiotic and shortsighted from a biased standpoint. End of discussion.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:39 pm

I'd say about 50% are absolute garbage. He's noticed some of the critical flaws in some jobs, but he gets into very detailed "fixes" which I agree are shortsided.

Nonetheless I respect him more than the second person. To avoid confusion lets call the first guy Andy and the second guy Bob. Bob came in and indiscriminately shot down all of Andy's ideas in a deluge of insults. He failed to treat each argument with dignity and recognize the few hidden gems. His counter arguments did imply a deeper understanding of the game, but he failed to come up with any original ideas of his own. He seems to imply that all is fair and just in the job market of Vana'diel where everyone knows that is not the case.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:44 pm

As I said previously, I think SE has done a good job in fixing the jobs other than the RNG nerf so I figured I'd share some of my thoughts on that:

Many people will tell you that the nerf did not change the damage potential of the RNG and they are correct. If you find the sweet spot you can still do great damage with RNG. The problem is that it usually took me about four or five shots to find the sweet spot and by that time I probably have pulled hate and have to start over. The sweet spot range changes from weapon to weapon too which can be confusing. (Thrown attacks seem to be best at very close ranges whereas arrows are about mage distance.) A few updates after the nerf, SE helped fix these issues by getting rid of the distance equation when sharpshot is active. That is nice, but there is no easy way to know when sharpshot (or any ability) is ready and it doesn't last all that long. I think it would be nice if SE were to implement a trait or ability to indicate the sweet spot. It would be kind of like /check or the BST ability /gauge. It would take some of the trial and error out of the distance equation.

Comparing BLM and RNG they are somewhat equal when RNG is in the sweet spot, but BLM is a whole lot less expensive. I don't even use food on Montparnasse anymore because I usually pull hate on the first or second nuke with it. A poor RNG doesn't do as much damage and probably has a very low accuracy rate. If they aren't finding the sweet spot, they are very poor DD indeed.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby kaelsam » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:12 am

First and foremost the first guy is a complete moron and i agree with the second person. 96% of what "Andy" said was crap. He has no concept of the game at all and to say take away all of that from the rdm would mean the rdm would have to b deleted from the game. Why would neone want to play the rdm job without the en spells? Complete and total nonsense. I vote for Andy to b monkey stomped and whats left sent to the lab to b studied. The other 4% being the kill joy in rng DD does have a valid point. So what if they do alot of dmg and pull hate. Once they die a few times they wont b doing that again and if they do they should b kicked from pt. Claq if they dont have the gil to buy the ammo for rng then they need to start crafting and that would solve there problem. Its getting to the point that u have to craft to make money neway in this game so that shouldnt b a problem. The drk comment had some merit as well. Refresh would b a good asset to them imo cause IM TIRED OF REFRESHING THEM but other than that leave drk alone. Blu does have some overrated power imo but none have been able to solo all of the stuff that a rdm can. So imo leave them alone as well even though they more than likely wont. One more thing though. Claq im impressed that u didnt say nething about the rdm comments he made i kinda figured u would impressed i am grassshopper =)
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:52 pm

I think the first person is very accurate in identifying which jobs are high powered and which are not. His suggestions on evening things out are terrible. I think that's about what you said Kael.

I must say that the Absorb-TP has done wonders for DRK. Now that they can get TP really quickly it's not such a big deal that they have to heal to be effective. If you are fighting crabs, beetles, or colibri, and can aspir they don't even need to rest.

I've come to realize that you could make an argument that BLU is better in a party than job x for every job in the game. Some of those are pretty weak, but let me illustrate:

Healing Breeze gives back more HP than Curaga 3, for 1/3rd the MP so they have the best healing spell in the game.
BLU damage spells do more damage than BLM or RNG as well as doing reasonable melee damage.
BLU can dispel so you don't need a RDM or BRD for that.
BLU can stun so you don't need DRK or BLM just for that.
BLU is a much better skillchain facilitator than SAM.
A BLU with Cocoon and Metallic Shield takes less damage than even PLD for the duration of the effect.

BLU is a cool job and I love how adaptable it is I just don't think it should take a single faceted job like SAM and be better at the one thing SAM is so good at. Being able to do so many things is great and fun, but doing them better than the jobs that can only do one thing is stupid.

I guess the one ability that BLU can't replace is Treasure Hunter. Perhaps I should be happy.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Return to FFXI Discussion