[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Favourite Part from the July '06 Expansion

Favourite Part from the July '06 Expansion

Discussion about various topics related to FFXI.

Favourite Part from the July '06 Expansion

Postby Claquesous » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:54 pm

I've thought before that the best way to fix Thief's weakness in parties was to just make the daggers more powerful. I don't remember telling anyone, but clearly SE agreed.

As one example the dagger I use:

Hoplites Harpe: Delay Damage DPS
Prepatch 210 27 7.71
Postpatch 210 32 9.14

This puts daggers into the same damage range as Axes and most other weapons. THF will still suffer from comparably low STR, but their naturally high DEX helps with accuracy so the tradeoff will be similar to that seen between Elvaan and Mithra.

I don't think this will increase THF invites to the level of WAR or MNK, but it should help. However, it should cement THFs position as one of the best if not the best soloing job.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Lordofchaos » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:00 pm

So when in the hell are they going to upgrade sam with the reduce tp abilty. I have been waiting for months now.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Yendieth » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:52 am

i saw fireworks and lit them off!
Yendieth
Valkurn Voyager

Return to FFXI Discussion