[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Thoughts on absorbing or sharing other pearls?

Thoughts on absorbing or sharing other pearls?

Discussion about various topics related to FFXI.

Thoughts on absorbing or sharing other pearls?

Postby Piraya » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:59 pm

I thought I would run this by you guys here before I approach people on the shell directly. Over the past 2 weeks I have been playing with someone who is the leader of a shell that seems very similar to hours and I asked her what she'd think of either sharing shells or condensing linkshells in the efforts of having a larger pool of people to help each other out. Now of course if it comes down to it and they wish for us to switch to theirs I will refuse that as I like this LS name and seeing as we already have a message forum for organizing it would be the most logical idea of them switching over to ours. I think this is the easiest way to organize between the two shells is to just condense it down to one. Option 2 is to hand out pearls and to have access to both shells to keep in touch and see what each shell is doing. But I see this as being difficult to get things organized as their will be confusion when switching between shells trying to get a quest, mission, exp party, BCNM, NM camp organized. I would greatly like your feedback on this subject. All thoughts and opinions are welcome. Do not hold back. I don't hold this issue lightly and neither should you so please give me your honest opinions.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:01 am

I really like the chemistry we have in our shell. I worry that merging shells all at once could hurt that chemistry. What I'm about to propose is actually partially serious. I propose that rather than merging the shells all at once, we run a subtle campaign of subterfuge which will gradually pick away at all their linkshell members and gradually acclimate them to the new shell. The way it would work is this. Piraya would log onto the other shell and say hello, and mingle a little. After some time observing he would pick out a member who seems to be fairly quiet, but who will occasionally make pithy comments teaming with propsect. Piraya would pick out this target and take careful note of his level. Next, Piraya would go back to our shell and inspect our levels and then pick someone to attack the target. This other member would then invite this other member to party. They would have a brialliant party and gain 7 levels in an hour. Afterwards our member would ask their member if they could add them to their friend list. Two days later they would casually run into them in Jeuno (with help from other linkshell members who are helping identify the subject). They would party again and do even better this time, reaching level 75 in a mere 12 minutes. Afterwards, they would casually say something like, "Hey. I think you'd make a great addition to my linkshell. What do you think?" The person would say yes, and then we'd identify the next target.

If this plan doesn't work, you could just point them to our website and say we are more advanced so they should just submit to our will. Whatever floats your boat.

And you ask me why I say I'm going to get fired...

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:01 pm

>< Unfortunately this plan I will not go along with. It would be different if the leader was not my friend but in this case she is a friend. I cannot and will not try anything to upset or overtake her linkshell member by member. I guess the best possible scenario would be to give her a linksack so she can distribute the pearl to her members so they can gradually mingle with our current members to see if they indeed want to switch over and would get along with us. I guess I could approach her about that. Probably the best scenario in this situation that I see to start off with so everyone can see if the two shells could coexist as one.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Aelfwise » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:45 am

Or we could just yell out (Convert) at their whole shell and expect them to jump into our waiting arms...lol
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:20 pm

LOL, I think thats the best sarcastic response that could ever be posted for this thread. I feel sorry for the new people when and if they join us. If they're not bastok or whatever they'll be dealing with us yelling <convert> at each other clogging up useful parts of the log window.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Estarie » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:21 am

I think It's a great idea to converge two link shells into one ... but i do not think i would like to switch to another shell .... besides the whole "we Are the borg ... Resitance is futile" approch may be a little ... well ... annoing.

but merging i belive in all is a good idea ... since theres not many in the link shell for Us nOOb's to party with :lol:
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:59 pm

Recruit more members you party with that you thing will work well with out chemistry. Sarcasm and a general wish to make fun of anyone you can is a must!!!
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Estarie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:20 pm

i don't always like the ppl i party with, lol ... and the ones i do already seem to have an LS :?
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Tehya » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:01 pm

This thread was brought by that "someone" in Piraya first post being me. Since then we each have dealt with plenty of other shells and each have settled into their own shells with people they love.
My shell has gone through a major re-aggro in the last 2wks and am now the leader of our new shell, we had too make because of drama.
He has talked too me over this last week about trying too regroup our shells together once again and in my heart I feel, it is not the right time, nor feel it will do any good too discuss this with the people in my shell. We each have went through alot in the past few wks and we are all trying too re-establish what we had in the old shell together.
Piraya's guys and mine have established themselves very well in the game, and in their own shells. With people they love and enjoy spending time together. I feel it would not be the best avenue to take with both of our shells.
I respect each of you and you all have grown-up so fast in the game. Look forward too seeing each of you and playing the game with ya'll as the adventure of FFXI continues. ^^
xoxo
LV75 Whitemage {yes, please}<{Done} {CoP}<{Done} {Assault}<{LV4}
What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.
My Love:
Truly, I am the dream you have,
but the reality you cannot accept.
Therefore, for the rest of my life...
I walk with my arms wrapped around
the emptiness of you beside me.
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:02 pm

Sorry to hear about the drama. I hope you always realize you're welcome to pop in and out anytime you please. I guess I'll call off my original plan of subtle subterfuge. At least for now...

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Next

Return to FFXI Discussion