[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Kind of a sad day, RIP Allakhazam.com

Kind of a sad day, RIP Allakhazam.com

Discussion about various topics related to FFXI.

Kind of a sad day, RIP Allakhazam.com

Postby Aelfwise » Thu May 04, 2006 11:38 am

In case any of you didn't know, the site has been
"purchased" by RPG Holdings, LLC, an affiliated company of IGE. The reason this is rather sad is because of Allakhazam's distaste for RMT (which IGE promotes).

I've included a thread link to that you can see for yourself. Since I dont have a premium account the site can still be very useful without changing my status within the site, but unfortunately they've finally sold out.

Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby kaelsam » Thu May 04, 2006 1:30 pm

well money always buys what it wants so heh just a matter of time !!!!!!
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Thu May 04, 2006 3:17 pm

I don't see where it mentions being purchased or by whom. Where did you find that information?

As far as the upgrades they mention, they all sound positive. Allakhazam has rotten reliability and speed. It sounds like their network will be upgraded.

Only time will tell if rants about how much gil sellers suck mysteriously disappear or not.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Thu May 04, 2006 5:39 pm

The updates to the servers is definitely a bonus, dont get me wrong. As well, the information posted will still be valuable. I'm just a little sad to hear that they have been bought out by a company that also owns IGE, which means that regardless of whether or not Allakahzam starts selling gil or not, they are supporting a company that (indirectly) pays Gil Sellers through membership fees etc. The site itself could be totally clean, but it all trickles down.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Thu May 04, 2006 5:57 pm

I still don't see IGE. Where'd you get that?

Feel free to boycott the site if you don't approve.

I'd suggest as a site that is unlikely to be bought by Gilsellsers and as a Wiki you can fix mistakes.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Thu May 04, 2006 6:28 pm

I'm not suggesting the boycott of the site, since it is still a very good source of information. All I'm saying is that the MEMBERSHIP portion (there are certain parts of the site only accessable by Premium Members) shouldn't be purchased if you dont want to indirectly support a company that pays a RMT.

As for where the info regarding Alla and IGE being "under the same roof" it's on the first page, about 3/4 down. Here's the first post regarding it:

"The ownership issues here are convoluted. This is how deals like this get done. The size of this is pretty amazing. This is just the announcement for our own users, not the actual corporate announcement, which will likely come much later. We are now owned by a company that owns a bunch of stuff, including IGE. They bought both of us (and several other sites as well) and then split us into separate divisions so that there is no interaction between them. You know my stand on gold selling. Before agreeing to anything like this, I wanted to make sure that there would be no interaction between those divisions and that I would have complete control over the new network, including the sites that used to be part of ogaming. So this means that the Ogaming sites and Thottbot have been split off of IGE and into our network and no longer have any connection with them."
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby kaelsam » Thu May 04, 2006 6:32 pm

aelf i hate to say this but almost all the good sites out there rt now have advertising to sell gil in there logos banners etc. however i dont see them being degraded as far as that who knows though maybe they will maybe they wont only time will tell regardless they need to get that damn site running better and u gotta take the good with the bad. :)
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Aelfwise » Thu May 04, 2006 7:18 pm

Again, I'm not saying that this is the only instance of of there being a good thing coming at the expense of something bad. The site itself will no doubt become more informative, more reliable, etc. I just wouldn't fork over money (in the form of a membership) to a site that is in cooperation with something like RMT. I'll still use Alla in the future, possibly more now that the info will be updated even more, who knows.

the other funny thing is that Alla is currently PROMOTED by SE as a resource. I'm wondering if this news will change that or not.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby kaelsam » Thu May 04, 2006 10:05 pm

i wasnt saying that i was just saying that alot of the best sites are already promoting the selling of gil as will alot more in the future i expect. as for SE worrying about it i doubt they will bother but they might. after all square enix is promoting IGE even if its in a round a bout way they still condone it. so idk what SE will do but i can say this though, they need to give me some gil :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Aelfwise » Fri May 05, 2006 12:39 pm

Give you gil? I can think of alot more people that could use it than you Kael, other than you wanting your Excalibur, but that's just a gross amount of gil.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Next

Return to FFXI Discussion