[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - More Helpful People

More Helpful People

Discussion about various topics related to FFXI.

More Helpful People

Postby Piraya » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:59 pm

Yup, could use a few more helpful people in the LS to be honest. Ya, you may not be able to solo help, but as a group you can do many things to get things done. Think about that, you don't always need a lv 75 to do things for you. You can get a group of like 4-6 people and get shit done.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby kaelsam » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:09 pm

wish that was as easy as it sounded. when u ask ppl and they leave or deliberately ignore u or take ls off when someone asks for help then u cant. i had to go to another ls to get help and thats a shame cause i like this one. another thing thats sad is the fact that u r losing some ur best ppl in this ls because of those others. like u said at one time quality over quantity. and thats what it all comes down too whos worth having and who isnt. but neway goodluck and i will see all of u around :wink:
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby ziquan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:13 pm

I like getting shit done, but until school semester is over I'm just a cook so thar ain't no shit to be dun. I'm reluctant to get in a party and feel obligated to stay up late playing when I have school the next morning... that's what's up.[-(

I'd like to help others get their shit done.. It's just that there is hardly ever a need for a 49thf 39drk 29war 22nin.........

If we had more lower levels in the shell I'd help em out. It's more fun to me than exp partying. I kind of hate it. pickles.:shock:

ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:35 pm

I personally think we have a great shell with a lot of helpful people. Everyone has their own goals. Some they can do on their own; some they need help. When someone needs help, they should ask for it, but I think it is a little unfair of someone to ask for help and expect to get it right away.

If we think we can do LB2 as a linkshell on the fly, I think we are mistaken. It would take pretty much all of our higher level people to come, but it's hard to round up people if they already have plans. LB2 is just one example of many things that are hard to do on the fly.

I don't think we should forget Piraya had to do everything on his own, and Aelf Kael and I really only had Piraya and Tehya. We needed a lot of outside help.

As the linkshell ages, members will need less and less outside help. However, I don't think we're at the point yet where we can do anything we want without any outside help at all.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Estarie » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:24 pm

well as it stands with me my war is now 57 ... still low i know but still useful ... i've commented b4 many times to Aelf ... "Theres not much out there right now that i can kill with a WHM standing behind me" and that stament is true to the fact that i can kill a EM if not for the lack of healing i don't posses as a WAR/NIN ... LB2, LB1 coffers i'll help with ... i'll be an extra DD np. there are some other nasty things in this game that and Army of WHM could save me from but for the most part i'm ok. as i understand it theres alot of AF and LB shit to do for lots of ppl ... the only thing lacking here is a date .... so lets set one and get our asses in gear and help our Ls famly out :lol:
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:46 pm

"Theres not much out there right now that i can't kill with a WHM standing behind me"

Fixed :lol:
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Estarie » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:35 pm

Claq ????? you need to add a emote .......

me giving Aelf the finger, lol
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby kaelsam » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:13 am

i never really had an ls that i liked until kolob gave me this one and when i asked for help and never could get it with my af it really became more of a hassle to me than a ls. i know not everyone could help when i asked but i also asked on site as well as ingame to see when ppl could help me and never got it. eventually i had to go to another ls to get help cause im not going to keep asking pir for everything when a full pt or more of ppl from ls can do it. and as for help i have always done everything on my own for the most part and more than likely always will. but my problem is when i ask for some help after ppl have said that they r bored but yet they take the ls off and get back on later only to find that i am still asking then proceed to take it off once again. thats what pissed me off more than nething i have done everything to help including dropping parties to help ppl and i still am even though im not in the ls on kaelsam nemore. i may eventually come back but as for rt now i am not cause it is still the same. its gotta b quality over quantity. i have seen way to many ls's go down because of that and this one may b on its way to being one of those that follow that path. i hope not cause i liked the ideals of the core members as well as most of the ppl in the ls and i hated to leave but my reasons are more than enough to me and always will b. so gl linkshell hope u can change what needs to b changed and make wanderingsouls the best one. see ya ingame :twisted: just dont take my mobs when im farming and noone gets hurt :twisted:
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:09 pm

In retrospect, I think the linkshell did fail you Kaelsam. You did post here and you posted to the lsmes and you got no response. This is unacceptable. At the very least people should say sorry I can't help.

What I am a bit upset with was the way you seemed to let the anger fester inside of you until it blowed. When it finally did blow I don't think I was so far off base to assume it was because of the silly Merc Quest that no one knew how to help with and because of the immature comments from Suranx. There was no warning, no tells to say "Hey Claq, I'm thinking of quitting the shell." Instead it was just, "I'm gone and I dropped the shell."

I would urge anyone that's unhappy to express their concerns to me or Piraya or Aelfwise or another sack holder. I for one am a softy. If you corner me and explain to me how I can be of help, I won't drop what I'm doing but I will be easily coerced into setting aside a time when I can help.

As far as leechers go, there are some people in the shell who I don't count on to help. They are the hoppers, the people who just aren't willing to commit. I personally dropped all my other shells about a week after Piranha gave me my first pearl (to DeathInarnate) and after that got switched to WanderingSouls I haven't held another social linkshell. Eventually I assume I'll have a couple Sky, Dynamis, etc special event type linkshells, but I remain committed to WanderingSouls as my one and only social or hangout linkshell. For the many members that don't share my loyalty, if they are getting on and asking for help then leaving as soon as they've gotten their help and never offer to help anyone else then they should be kicked for leeching. On the other hand, if they pop on and tell a funny story then leave without asking for help or giving it, I don't see a reason for kicking them.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby kaelsam » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:58 pm

claq when i dropped ls i had already done the merc quest for quite some time. i was waiting on suranx and aelf and whoever was going to be there cause i was going to HELP them in getting theres done. i know that not many ppl had done the quest and noone in ls had done it except for me at that time me leaving had nothing to do with the merc quest at all. and for the record i have been talking to another sack holder about me leaving and his views were the same for the most part. both of us were getting tired of being asked for help and noone returning the favor. i dropped the ls cause of the whole non-existant help that i was getting except for pir helping when he could to get the moldavite earring. that too me was completely unacceptable to me and i wont put up with it. when i didnt bet ne answers from the ls about being able to help or not being able is when i just said screw it not because of the merc quest. the icing on the cake was suranx telling me he didnt need me after i had dropped everything to help them and then proceeding to talk shit about tehya which btw is the only person that has helped me other than pir. i dont want to b a part of something like that and i will not b a part of it. and like i said i may come back or i may not but needless to say if i do i wont b helping as much until i see that i am going to get help in return.
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Next

Return to FFXI Discussion