[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Where is Everyone?

Where is Everyone?

Here you can suggest new forum topics or anything else you'd like.

Where is Everyone?

Postby Claquesous » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:37 pm

I once said that I check the website every five minutes and I cry everytime I check and there's no new posts.

Lately, I've been crying a lot.

The website is empty and the lsmes hasn't changed in two weeks. Over that time I've been spending about 50% of my ingame time raising funds, 30% trying to skill up, 0% exping, and 10% other stuff. The 10% is the fun stuff so basically I haven't been having terribly much fun lately.

I can't tell you how discouraged I have been lately. The first time I went to fight Maat plan A was to steal, but that failed pretty quickly so I reverted to plan B: bolt him to death. Despite what I had read online that 200 Marksmanship was sufficient, I have still yet to hit Maat with a single bolt in about 30 shots. Everywhere I read online also said to cap evasion. In watching several videos of people beating Maat I've seen that they have no problem hitting him with bolts about 50% of the time. I also noticed in one video that the player (an Elvaan) evaded 7/9 attacks (not counting when Perfect Dodge was up). The one and only time I went in trying to melee, Maat hit me 6/7 times with at least a couple criticals.

So I've been pissed about Maat and been trying to raise money. On Friday I decided to go on a KS run and got two orbs. I was expecting to make somewhere from 2-5 million and instead I made 534k and about 150k on the scraps. When Aelfwise "lol"ed the fact that I made 0 gil off the penguins that really hurt. Of course I later found out that he had no clue what I was talking about, but the damage was already done and I was in a horrid mood Saturday until finally I got a stroke of luck by getting a million gil discount off a PC and so I can hopefully cut that 50% time raising funds back to about 10%.

Now that I'm done with my whinefest, back to my original point. Until I beat Maat, I doubt that my sour mood will change much. I ask for your patience and understanding with me and your help with keeping the shell fun. Please try to use the website and the lsmes to help plan fun activities and for the linkshell switchover. I think some new blood will help, which obviously requires that we switchover sooner rather than later.

If anyone checks this today, I'm going to be on a bit late tonight. See you then.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Tehya » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:00 am

Awww Claq am so happy you got Maat out of the way sweety.
I so hate how we farm KS's and BeastmenSeals too only get crap on the drops...
I've given up on doing them type of runs. Have wasted invested time in farming KS's and Seals for only getting shitty drops.
You guys should try a few ENM's now. They seem too have a better drop rate of good items and hear a THF in the party makes it even better.
This game has many areas of frustration and as you get higher in lv the frustration only gets worse it seems. :(
Hang in there sweety.
LV75 Whitemage {yes, please}<{Done} {CoP}<{Done} {Assault}<{LV4}
What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.
My Love:
Truly, I am the dream you have,
but the reality you cannot accept.
Therefore, for the rest of my life...
I walk with my arms wrapped around
the emptiness of you beside me.
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Piraya » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:52 pm

FFXI can be quite the headache. For many reasons both personal and out of your control. I believe the biggest difficulties I had with the game were not the game itself but the immense amounts of immaturity and rude behavior in and out of party. I believe the lack of a good PvP system effects this greatly. If someone had a risk of a blm sleeping them and nuking them at any given time I could see people being a bit more courteous and polite.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Yendieth » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:47 pm

what if you have terret syndrome though?
eh?? what then?!?!
Yendieth
Valkurn Voyager

Postby Claquesous » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:54 am

We never got to play Ballista Piraya? You should come back so it would be you and me vs. Kolob and Aelfwise or Kaelsam and Lord. That would probably be really fun.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Tehya » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:58 am

Hey,
I have my Ballista ticket in hand. I haven't done one either. Plus hear WHM/NIN is badass in one. Would love too join in and see who's ass I can holy too death. lol
LV75 Whitemage {yes, please}<{Done} {CoP}<{Done} {Assault}<{LV4}
What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.
My Love:
Truly, I am the dream you have,
but the reality you cannot accept.
Therefore, for the rest of my life...
I walk with my arms wrapped around
the emptiness of you beside me.
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Yendieth » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:24 pm

good lord i do love pvp so.

i have a thirst for blood and i don't care who's it is!
:lol:
Yendieth
Valkurn Voyager

Return to Suggestions for Forum