[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - XBox 360

XBox 360

Post anything here that isn't necessarily FFXI related.

XBox 360

Postby Claquesous » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:44 am

Was anyone thinking of buying the new XBox to play FFXI? I've heard the computer version looks better than the PS2 version, and the XBox version is supposed to be even better. I bought the PS2 just for FFX and now I'm considering buying XBox for FFXI. I'm worried that PS2 support is dropping off the map now that the hard drives aren't really supported for new PS2s. I have two worries about XBox. First is the controller. I really don't like the current XBox controller. Secondly, am I going to have to pay Microsoft for XBox live as well as paying SE? That's not something I"m willing to do.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Sephiros » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:11 am

Hey man a few things to say to help you.

I got a chance to go to the XBOX 360 Game Developers Conference when it came to Detroit Last weekend. After playing FFXI for XBOX 360 for a little over an hour, I must say i am extremely impressed. If you do buy a 360 just for this game I definately think it will be worth it.

The current 360 controller is not far off from PS2 controller to be honest. 4 buttons now like L and R buttons from PS2. Though two are horizontal and two vertical, it seems to fit your hands quite well.

Also, the way it is set it will be similar to the PS2 version. The answer is no, you will not actually log into XBOX Live forsay to play FFXI. You will still use playonline which will probably be affiliated with XBOX live so they can integrate some voice audio and some of its features. So that is a good thing.

I would definately upgrade to 360 when it comes. I have had my 360 preordered for many months and am looking forward to a handful of titles including this, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Perfect Dark Zero, and Need for Speed Rivals.
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:04 pm

I plan on upgrading when FFXI comes out for Xbox 360. I find it funny that you did the same thing Claq, I went out and bought a PS2 simply to get FFXI. I do think it would be cool if they integrated a voice system at least for within a party so people can direct each other better and faster on what needs to be done to adjust to situations.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Sephiros » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:26 am

yeah too bad you guys do not use PC because we can use teamspeak to talk. Or, if your PS2's are close to your PC perhaps we can still use it. Just wear a mic headset or somethin.
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Return to Off Topic