[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Creepy Crawly Google

Creepy Crawly Google

Post anything here that isn't necessarily FFXI related.

Creepy Crawly Google

Postby Claquesous » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:00 pm

I don't know how often people look at the bottom of the screen at the online users section, but I look there occasionally.

Many times it says there is a guest. Today I looked down and saw there was a guest so I decided to investigate. In the administration panel I can see the IP address from where connected people come.

Today's guest was in six places all at once. I didn't know why a guest would be looking at so many things so I did a lookup on the IP. It came from some cryptic place with googlebot.com in it's address.

I realized this was a crawler so I went over to google and did a search for Wandering Souls linkshell and sure enough up popped a random page on our site.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but soon people may get information off our site when searching on Google...

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Tehya » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:44 am

Thats spooky. lol
That "guest" has been visiting for a few days now. >.>
LV75 Whitemage {yes, please}<{Done} {CoP}<{Done} {Assault}<{LV4}
What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.
My Love:
Truly, I am the dream you have,
but the reality you cannot accept.
Therefore, for the rest of my life...
I walk with my arms wrapped around
the emptiness of you beside me.
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Aelfwise » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:24 pm

I feel violated :shock:
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Tehya » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:51 am

Babe will we see more "guests" now? Between yesterday and this morning, there has been 2-4 guests on user section.
Plus can they join and post without your approval on the forum, or do you have to activate thier user names?
My Love:
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:11 pm

Each section has it's own setting. I've tried to keep them all as registered users only can post, but occasionally I've forgotten to do the setting after creating a new section or merging two old ones, etc.

To become a registered user, you only need to provide a valid e-mail address. I've considered making it so I have to approve all users, but that would cause a delay for new people so I haven't done it.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Jerik » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:54 pm

I think it would be best if you had it so you, Claq, had to approve of each new member, it might be a pain to new members, but I think that, now that this is going on, you should start approving each new member so we don't just have random people posting.
Jerik
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Estarie » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:16 am

Yeah the Kick guy scares me, and i don't like being scared ... random ppl die when i'm scared, lol :oops:
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:05 pm

You guys are retarded....it was me...get a sense of humor

Why would some random person do a search on google for Wandering Souls Linkshell for one unless they knew us? Secondly, why would that random person go to all the trouble to post in every section unless they knew us and were making a joke? A /slap for each one of you :lol:
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Tehya » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:38 pm

Excuse us.... Who you calling retards, bud?
We not the ones with the issue here it seems, from the type of posts you did. :P
Someone a tad-bit bored I'd say. :P
My Love:
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Sephiros » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:33 am

Well shit, I was hoping it really was pee wee herman....
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Next

Return to Off Topic