[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - SE Weighs in on the Next Gen War

SE Weighs in on the Next Gen War

Post anything here that isn't necessarily FFXI related.

Postby Piraya » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:33 pm

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Piraya » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:10 pm

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:21 pm

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:31 pm

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby novia » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:01 pm

idk about claq looking like an ass i seem to be siding with him. i'm not going to get into all your disagreemnets but i will say that the FF series is the best (to me). i also had playstation since it came out on the market. I could careless if i even saw a graphic at all because the story line and characters had me hooked. i can not say that i have played all the earlier FF. but i have played most that came out after FF7 (which is my favorite and hardest to find now depending on where you live) and i know there was a bit of a difference in numbering since the serious was realesd in the us. (or at least ive read so dont quote me on it) most games today are competeing to have the best graphics and totally loosing it on the actual game. i am not saying that there are no good games besides the FF series. just that they deserve more credit then you are giving to them. now when you rip me to shreds please be gentle. :( :wink: :wink:
novia
Qufim Quelcher

Postby Piraya » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:27 pm

If you were going to stay outta the part between me and claq you wouldn't have even brought it up. I love it when people say something about it and say I'm not going to get in the middle.

All my posts were in regards to why I'm no longer a fan of the FF series and you read into things that were never even said about Sony. Sony is not irrelevant as the time frame Sony had vs. Nintendo is the big factor. Also you neglected to read that at the time I wasn't anti Sony at all. I bought a ps2 on launch day bud. And if you wanted this to be a debate you can't discredit an arguement, if you can even call it that, by bringing up previous statements outside of the debate. I was simply giving points of why I didn't like the game anymore, I wasn't debating its popularity or quality but merely stating the direction it took no longer held my interest. You turned it into something it never was meant to be, you took your previous thoughts about my interest in Sony and put them into my post, not me. You read my posts with a biased opinion and let it cloud your judgement and poison your comprehension skills. Just because I don't like the direction of the game is saying that I think its shit? I never once commented saying its the worst game I've played or wondered why others liked it. I simply stated the reasons I disliked the series after ff3. You went on the defensive thinking I was attacking your favorite game which there was no attack on the game. The only attack that was made was on the people who hype the game up to have amazing graphics that base their opinions solely on the cinegraphics and not actual gameplay graphics. Those people bug the shit outta me and I made that statement. So before you decide to jump into a debate clear your mind of any bias or preconceived notion of what the post is concerning and read it a few times through before you jump to the defense of a game that isn't even being attacked.

And the reason you look like an ass to me is you are putting words in my mouth that were never written....not even between the lines. "Be careful or piraya will call you a fanboy"
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby novia » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:51 pm

nah i only posted a reply because claq had said in one of his replies that i need to explain why i love FF or ill just look like a fanboy..or girl (thats the way i interepreted it) i respect everyones opinons. i said i wasnt going to get in the middle because i dont want to and was just wanting to say why i love FF games and nothing else. Sometimes ppl dont have hidden meanings to their words and they are simply saying what the mean. maybe you shouldnt direct your arguemnet towards me since i was replying to claq i feel like i was just under an attack because i never assumed anything or took anything wrong i simply thought claq's argument for FF was well put. "those" ppl as you put it annoy the shit out of all of us because they generally call themsemselves gamers because its cool. some may be true graphic lovers and see things we must not but most ppl anywhere and everywhere and about anything are in it just because its trendy. and they of course dont want to be left out. i understand what you are saying and respct your opinion the world is diverse. it would be a boring place if we all loved and hated the same things. although we dont follow you in not wanting to play FF does not make it wrong.
novia
Qufim Quelcher

Postby Piraya » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:21 pm

Like I said though, when I say I don't like a game I try to give reasons why it doesn't interest me. Which is what I did and that was misinterpreted as bashing the FF series. I prefer games with more content. The story is nice but you can get a real good story from a book or a movie. I buy games to play them, not to watch a story and have a few times when I play. I never said that game was bad, I never questioned why it was popular, frankly I never put it down. I simply put reasoning behind why I'm no longer a FF fan and stopped really playing them hardcore after FF3. Each time my posts were misconstrued there was no effort to reread them and see them for what they really were. Claq was too busy trying to defend the game and look for weakness then to actually read them for what they were.

The point of each was to give substance to a statement. "I'm not really a FF fanboy anymore and this is why". It was not this "FF is a stupid dumb game that tries to ooh and ahh you with CS and cinegraphics and I can't stand that its Sony exclusive so I won't play it". But somehow the second statement was how it was viewed.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:31 pm

Thank you Piraya and Novia for your astute observations.

I am now satisfied that this discussion has reached it's close.

Piraya, I'm tempted to give you a demerit for calling me an @$$, but I'll get over it. How about we all go out and get some ice cream? My treat!

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

WAIT!!

Postby Yendieth » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:33 pm

.. I like zelda!

..and icecream :D
Yendieth