[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - New Poem with hidden message

New Poem with hidden message

Post anything here that isn't necessarily FFXI related.

New Poem with hidden message

Postby Piraya » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:12 pm

Selfless Heart

Suicide
It starts at the vein
Hardly close to this heart
The blade is unsheathed
A life falls apart.

This cowardice action
A solution to pain
My sorrow and anger
Flow out of this vein.

For my heart keeps on beating
My pulse slowly fleeting
My arm slowly numbs
As judgement day comes.

Struggling
One last hope
One last kiss
Love surges within.

My mind becomes clear
It was reality I fear
Crimson still flows
My life slowly goes
Never to know this unselfish heart.

Sorry, this is kinda rough but I like the substance of it for the most part.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:33 am

I like it. The hidden message isn't so hidden is it? I wonder if a little restructuring could make the message a little more logical? Like maybe if each stanza started with a word from the hidden message? I'm not sure that would be possible though. Otherwise, I think it's pretty good. If it's a rough draft, I'd say it's pretty close to what I'd call a final draft.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:22 am

Yep, well structured. I dont know if I'd put the words at the start Claq, that's far too common a technique which, in my mind, has been exhausted. Regardless, very nice work. I'll have to dredge up some of my old stuff sometime if i can find it in my archives lol.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:58 am

Its hidden in a way as its not word for word there for you. You need to take each bold word and place it in order to see it. I was thinking of that method you spoke of or simply using letters but the letters proved difficult with as short a poem as this is and unless I wanted to change the poem entirely to make the words at the start I was left with this way. Plus this way makes the person read each line rather than just the first word in each line to get the message.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Return to Off Topic