[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Sony PS3

Sony PS3

Post anything here that isn't necessarily FFXI related.

Postby Claquesous » Tue May 30, 2006 11:39 am

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Tue May 30, 2006 11:58 am

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Piraya » Tue May 30, 2006 12:10 pm

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Piraya » Tue May 30, 2006 12:31 pm

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Tue May 30, 2006 2:05 pm

:lol: Tiger sucks.

The three sections you highlighted are meant as jokes not as personal attacks. Introducing my argument with a joke may have been a bad decision, but I hope you see that I tried to respond to your criticisms fairly and (I was hoping you could confirm) accurately.

One of the points I was trying to make is that I don't believe Sony won because of their innovation or lack thereof as you seemed to believe. I believe they won because of a few good business decisions and that's how I tried to frame my argument. I also felt you were very negative against Sony while failing to criticize Microsoft for the same faults. In my opinion, Nintendo is the only company that has ever come out with anything original.

My first PS2 couldn't play CD-ROM games. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until after my warranty expired because I only owned FFX for the first three months I had the system. I read up on this and found out it was a known problem on all of the PS2 that came out in that timeframe. Rather than recalling the defective systems, Sony replaced those that complained and screwed those that didn't like me. Lordofchaos can tell you that Microsoft isn't all that better off in that respect with their new systems. I agree that it sucks, but I'm not sure if it's an argument that differentiates the two companies.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Tue May 30, 2006 2:29 pm

The point I was getting about the ps2 being faulty and breaks down quite a bit is that I've owned 3 different systems. One at launch, 1 more 2 months later, and an additional one about 5-6 months after the second purchase. The 2 ps2's I have now are starting to crap out as well. And concerning the xbox 360 I do now the launch systems have been a bit problematic but Microsoft is doing things to correct it like swapping out power supplies which is a third party manufacturer. Many of the problems people complain of are more software bugs in the games themselves being rushed to meet launch and other deadlines which if you have xbox live can and are patched relatively quickly. I was going to leave that to someone else in the xbox 360 section or I was going to post something about the hardware/software bugs for launch titles and other games like Oblivion.

As far as winning or losing I don't know where you got any of this from. I wanted to hear what people thought, heard about, read, etc. about the 3 systems in each of the sections. Brief comparisons are fine within each group but I wanted to limit that as much as possible and in each section focus on the opinion of the system without comparing another as I believe it becomes biased. I admit I am biased against Playstation but this is where I'm stating why I'm biased negatively to them and do not plan on purchasing their system. Not because I own an xbox 360 as I own a ps2 and will be purchasing a Nintendo Wii. Its not about picking between the 3 here to me. Its about picking the ones that best suit my needs and excitement and xbox 360 and the nintendo wii both fit that category.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Previous

Return to Off Topic