[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Microsoft Xbox 360

Microsoft Xbox 360

Post anything here that isn't necessarily FFXI related.

Microsoft Xbox 360

Postby Piraya » Thu May 25, 2006 3:27 pm

Here is where you can post your thoughts on this system. You can make some comparisons between the systems but I will be doing a thread for upcoming systems like PS3 and the Nintendo Wii. Oh, and please no fanboy logic, opinions are fine but keep them clearly stated with a background of why you formulated that opinion. Keep in mind I will edit and/or delete unintelligent fanboy logic on both sides of this issue so please put together a well thought reason and not simply saying. Xbox pwnz or PS3 owns Microsoft hahahaha. Your post will be deleted.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Thu May 25, 2006 4:44 pm

I have a deep set distrust of Microsoft which is only slowly crumbling away. I'm not sure if it'll deteriorate to the point where I would get a 360 anytime soon though.

One of the most and least attractive qualities about XBox is XBox live. Perhaps Piraya and Sephiros can answer some of the questions I have about it. Is there a free version or does it always require a monthly or yearly contract? For games that already have online content for other systems (like FFXI), do they still have to run through XBox live or can you play them directly through the game company.

PlayOnline is something that SquareEnix came up with somewhat because of the void in PlayStation's online offering. EA Sports also provides free online lobbies to play with other game owners on (I believe) any of the systems that play the game. Though XBox live could simplify implementation of online content for game companies, I'd hate to think that it also dictates how you do online content.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Thu May 25, 2006 5:17 pm

Funny you mention xbox live. Xbox live to me is the reason Xbox and xbox 360 are so strong. Xbox live is required for online content but a free (Xbox Live Silver) membership allows you to voice chat, download content, etc. off xbox live marketplace. I would also like to note that sony is copying this format with their online services as well. The myth that sony online will be free is a lie. There will be 2 versions of its online like with xbox live. A free membership which gives you restricted access to things and a paid subscription which unlocks all of its services.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

ps3

Postby Lordofchaos » Fri May 26, 2006 7:28 pm

I also will not be buying a 360 for atleast 2-4 yrs cause the current models are always breaking and i will probably never buy one but that is just me. I will how ever be buying a ps3 as soon as the work all the bugs out if it.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Re: ps3

Postby Piraya » Fri May 26, 2006 7:34 pm

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

ps3

Postby Lordofchaos » Fri May 26, 2006 7:56 pm

Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Sad day for xbox

Postby Lordofchaos » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:52 pm