[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - help!

help!

Post anything here that isn't necessarily FFXI related.

help!

Postby ziquan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:09 pm

I'm getting really bad lag at school.

Last edited by ziquan on Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:08 pm

My guess is that the school's network is experiencing significant traffic. This could be from kids getting back and wanting to download the new songs they couldn't download on dial up from home. It may also be related the the latest Microsoft worm that was going around lately. You might try updating your anti-virus and doing a scan. Your computer may be running slow in general if you have a worm, but if it's a good computer you might not notice it during regular use. My guess is that the person was recommending a router and taking advantage of the firewalling features. This may quicken up your connection, but my guess is the true bottleneck is not your individual connection but more likely the Universities. In conclusion, I bet the problems will go away within a week.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby ziquan » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:23 pm

I have symantec running and updated all the time along with sygate firewall, so yeah its the network. I thought the deal was that maybe the school is trying to narrow bandwidth to gaming sites and this was a way around that. But i'm not too knowledgeable about this stuff. It worked well last night! I also gave in and emailed the tech people here to see what's up. No response yet.
ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby ziquan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:55 am

This is what the school network is like:

ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Tehya » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:25 am

OMG babe,
I never seen that before!
Claq, {HELP}!
LV75 Whitemage {yes, please}<{Done} {CoP}<{Done} {Assault}<{LV4}
What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.
My Love:
Truly, I am the dream you have,
but the reality you cannot accept.
Therefore, for the rest of my life...
I walk with my arms wrapped around
the emptiness of you beside me.
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:50 am

Time to ?

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby ziquan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:04 pm

lol not with one year left and these scholarships. They say they are working on it... but whatever. i can live with dialup until i get outta this state.

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but the tech guy said the network has problems only with UDP protocol. he said there were bottlenecks in the network and blah blah blah i don't know what any of this means. but basically it only affects certain types of programs.
ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Return to Off Topic