[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Character names

Character names

Post anything here that isn't necessarily FFXI related.

Character names

Postby Claquesous » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:10 am

I know where most people got their names, but I figured I'd start a thread for those I don't know. Where did everyone get their name?

Most people know mine are from Les Miserables

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby ziquan » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:32 pm

uh ok.

ziquan is a name i use in almost everything. i just grabbed it outta the air, after i decided i wanted to use z and q since theyre not used much.

for string, i just looked around my room and i saw this book im reading on string theory. then i thought the name was hilarious so i used it. Afterwards i justified it by saying shes a mithra, so shes limber and agile like a string, right?

ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Tehya » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:15 am

Well,

Tehya means "precious" in Native American. My fathers side of the family has Native American in it, and you all know Tec is a historybuff. o.O I just wanted a shorter, cutier name for my mule "Tehya", compare too Sac's name!
LV75 Whitemage {yes, please}<{Done} {CoP}<{Done} {Assault}<{LV4}
What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.
My Love:
Truly, I am the dream you have,
but the reality you cannot accept.
Therefore, for the rest of my life...
I walk with my arms wrapped around
the emptiness of you beside me.
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Piraya » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:24 pm

Mine is a species of Piranha. I used to keep a lot of piranha. I had about 4-5 tanks up and running all with Piranha in them up. Piraya are very rare in the U.S. and very expensive to get ahold of one.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Sithered » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:13 am

I spent a night with my best friend Samuel Adams, he told me to use this name :lol:
Sithered
New Forumer

Postby Aelfwise » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:51 pm

Aelfwise: A British mariner that (in J.R.R. Tolkien's writings) sailed to the Undying Lands. He was the one who compiled the history of Arda (Earth) from listening to the Elves tales so that we would know about the interaction of Elves, Dwarves, Humans, and numerous other mystic creatures.

Gothmog: The Lord of the Balrogs in J.R.R. Tolkien's post-humous publication The Simirilian. Also named Morgoth's son.

Namarie: Means "Farewell" in Elvish. I thought it was a fitting name for a character that if i decided to really concentrate on levelling her would become a Thief/Ninja hybrid.

Olwe: Kindred of the Royal House of High Elves in Middleearth. He eventually became king, though for a short while. Was said to have been a great warrior.

and now you know the rest of the story...
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Sephiros » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:49 am

I used the random name generator and got this? lol... Kinda sounded cool too part Sephiroth, part greek -iros :)
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

do I really need one?

Postby Gentlebob » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:35 am

Gentle Bob was originally a character I had on City Of Heroes...I found it amusing to name an 8 foot tall 600 lb man who smokes a cigar and wields a mace Gentle Bob; his City Of Villains counterpart was, of course, Not-So-Gentle Bob lol
Gentlebob
New Forumer

Postby Estarie » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:58 am

Well mine is going to need a little explanation, lol

Estarie - came from misspelling the name and my not saying the damn thing right it's a mix of Istari- the Elvin's Favorit star, also the gift given to Frodo in J.R.R. Tolkins Lord of the rings ... some how that got mixed with Elessar The name given to Aragorn in Lothien. so when to mix the two you get Estarie :lol:
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Next

Return to Off Topic