[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - If your wondering

If your wondering

Announcements about real life events that you want others to know.

If your wondering

Postby Mayous » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Well not sure if anyone really knew what happened but no I'm not banned and yes I'll be coming back sometime just dont know when to be honest. the game slowed down for me and I almost lost interest all together for awhile. Only reason I've been around as long as I have been is because of the people. Everyone kinda gets lost in the grind and forgets to just have fun sometimes. Kinda miss that about lower lvls, people dont know about the endless grind and the just hang out to hang out and just play to have fun. So not sure if I'll be coming back at all. It's been fun if I dont come back and you all have been great. I've watched people come up in the FFXI world and it's been a great experience. So if I dont make it back, Take care and I'll always be "The Immortal Shield"
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Re: If your wondering

Postby Renewer » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Maaaaaaayyyyyy!!!! :( Don't leave forever!! I'ma be coming back in April and, and, and... we can do stuff!! I miss all you guys a lot, would suck if you left. Besides...... The game calls you back >.> lol, Ive tried to quit twice now but end up missing everyone too much. There ends up being a void when you don't play for a good while. Just take a break like I'm doing, it really does help. When I get back I really do plan on doing a lot more stuff with friends and way less endgame, bring the fun back! So don't give up! :D
Renewer
New Forumer

Postby Claquesous » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:29 pm

Mayous, you have been missed. There was some speculation and worrying over the baby and if your absence was because of her. I'm relieved that it sounds like more personal issues than a health emergency.

As a bit of advice on the game, if you're grinding then you're doing it wrong. I've sometimes found Dynamis to be a grind, but now that I got TH4 it all seems worth it. The last couple runs have actually been very fun. I've enjoyed my few Limbus runs. I've also very much enjoyed our Linkshell MMM runs. For me, there was always a goal of the Ermine's Tail which hopefully I'll get soon but I don't think I'll stop doing MMM once I get that because there are a bunch of runes I can still buy to make some very fun mazes.

I've often thought that I'd be better off if I quit the game, but I lack the courage or conviction to actually leave. There are still quite a few things in game I would like to experience, and I know I would miss a lot of people very much. I also don't currently have anything to fill the void. However, my point is I'd be a hypocrite or very selfish if I said you have to come back. You need to do whatever is right for you. I think I speak for most when I say we hope you come back, but I'll certainly understand that whatever decision you make, you're making it out of your best interest.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Lordofchaos » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:25 pm

For once i agree with u may. I am at the point that I don't feel like playing anymore either, I started out only to take a couple of weeks of but it has been kinda nice. Not sure when or IF i will come back either, been spending a lot of time with my kids. Although the sleepless nites suck with no game to play, hell i even gave my ps2 to my son.

Lady wants to start playing again soon so if she decides to come back i may join her.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Aelfwise » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm glad that we've at least gotten to hear from you May, regardless as to what your current status in terms of FFXI is. I'm of the camp that would hope to see you come back, at least in some capacity, but you know your situation better than anyone else in the LS.
I agree with Claq in that I'd hate to see any of my friends leave the game, but I also realize that there will come a time when people need to move on because of real life situations and commitments.
I myself can't see myself leaving for some of the same reasons Claq brought up. I'd miss the people way too much being the biggest hurdle. Yes, there are lots of things that I could probably fill the time with, but that's another topic all together.
I guess to sum it all up; I'm glad to hear from you, hope to see you back, and want to hear updates about how you and Izzy are doing!

P.S You'd better not quit either Lord, we need another Galka in the LS for Lummox so he doesn't feel lonely! :)
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Mayous » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Well as some of you have seen I've come back for a trail period to determine if I'll stay or not. I hope to find the spark that kept me playing all this time. I missed you all.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Mayous » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Hey all, I've been going thru a tough time being layed off from my job and just trying to keep my head above water. I hope to be back sometime this month but if I'm not then I'll see you sometime in May. Miss everyone and hopefully I'll be back in full swing sometime soon.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:25 am

I can't speak from experience, but I can only assume being laid off is never easy, but it'll probably make you a stronger person in the long run. Sometimes I wish I'd be laid off to knock me out of the rut I'm in and force me to find a new job that I enjoy more.

I hope Izzy is doing well too. Good luck with everything.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Return to Real Life