[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - What's going on in town?

What's going on in town?

Announcements about real life events that you want others to know.

What's going on in town?

Postby Claquesous » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:22 pm

This is mainly for Tehya, but anyone else can feel free to chime in.

Tehya is going to a town meeting tonight, and I'm curious what the topics of interest are.

As someone who's very interested in politics I should participate more, but I've always seen town meetings as small fries where a bunch of angry people come and yell at the local politicians who generally can't do anything anyway.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Tehya » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:05 pm

Lol, ok smartbutt.
This is a special town meeting called by the people of my town in regards too the funds being cut for our K-Pre K from being able too ride the bus this year.
We all got notices in Aug of this year of having to pay 350$ bucks per-child in order for that child to be able too ride the bus.
It was brought to the parents attention there was a fund still available for this cover cost. But the board members are trying to use for something else other then for our school buses.
We in Mass have high enough taxes inorder too cover these children's first year of ever riding a big yellow bus. I know my toddler was looking so forward to her first ride. But still 4 weeks into starting school, has not gotten that dream to come true yet.
So, mommie is going too speak for her baby's dreams too come true hopefully tonight at a town meeting.
xoxo
LV75 Whitemage {yes, please}<{Done} {CoP}<{Done} {Assault}<{LV4}
What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.
My Love:
Truly, I am the dream you have,
but the reality you cannot accept.
Therefore, for the rest of my life...
I walk with my arms wrapped around
the emptiness of you beside me.
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:29 pm

Refer to the "I hart mullets" thread for where you can find a school bus to make your child's dreams come true.

Good luck at the meeting. Let us know how it turns out.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Tehya » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:31 pm

Thx =).
My Love:
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Piraya » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:00 pm

Is the school bus on blocks Tehya?
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Tehya » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:25 pm

Boy, alot of hick's live in Oregon uh...?
My Love:
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Piraya » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:30 pm

No hick here but I hart Mullets.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Tehya » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:13 am

Well, Got home at 12am. Hopefully we got the funds for the "drivable big yellow buses"..
We foundout after the meeting, the school board still has too vote on using the money we gave them for our kids too use the buses.... Go fucking figure. Always something...
They had an article all ready up for vote for extra $$$ for other things and instead of making a new article for the funds for the buses, they just amended this first article with the extra "bus fees" in it.
xoxo
<Edit>

What burns my ass is this...
They had an article up for vote for new carpet too be put in at the Town Hall for 45K. Which inturn this Town Hall will be torn down in a year b/e a new one is being built now...
Guess what that 45K got passed.... Such a waste.
My Love:
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:11 pm

So the Carpet Layers special interest group beat out the pregnant young mothers interest group.

This little affair has reinforced my distaste for local governments.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:33 pm

Take local government stupidity and multiply by 50 and you get Los Angeles.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Return to Real Life