[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Time to think about things beyond FFXI

Time to think about things beyond FFXI

This is where old events can be filed.

Postby Piraya » Mon May 15, 2006 5:56 pm

And its a little beyond feeling burnt out now. Its graduated to out and out frustration. Frustration with the game, frustration on how much of my life was takin by this game and for what?
Let me tell you a little something about my friend here that works with me. He has a network of friends he met playing a PC MMO called Lineage 2. They quit that game from all the drama and BS. They still remain in contact. They went out to purchase a 360 to have shit to do and talk while playing common games they enjoy. They started up on RF online together because they like doing things together. And this is where the real meat comes in...I wanted that but it seems as though thats not going to happen. All are so opposed that they wouldn't even consider picking up a first gen xbox that you could get used for under 100 bucks or so. Quick math, I started this game in July, its now may...thats over 120 bucks just in monthly fees if you've played the same time I have, which many of you have played more and others less. I've spent 120 dollars on something to be with my friends, and will possibly keep the subscription going just to be with you. Give that some thought next time you respond plz.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Aelfwise » Mon May 15, 2006 6:16 pm

The main reason I'm looking at the monthly fee is that I still have not landed a "full-time" Firefighting job. If I did then I wouldn't have to feel as money tight as I am right now. $5 isn't alot to pay, i realize, so I'm not out and out saying I wouldn't do it. Just saying there are other options for voice chat is all. I'm not claiming you're being selfish Kevin (I might as well refer to you that way since we're not talking in FFXI mode now lol) since you've invested alot of time into the game and feel it's time for you to move on for your own personal reasons. No one can tell you how to feel since you yourself are the one experiencing those feelings.

Hopefully we all can find some common ground outside of FFXI to spend time with each other. When I find a fulltime placement I'll be more obliged to try different things. I hate having to worry about cashflow, but that's where I'm at right now so I have to deal with it. As for the offer for the Xbox, I have a few friends and cousins that have them as well, so I would likely be able to utilize that to have them join us, (Halo 2 comes to mind).
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Mon May 15, 2006 6:44 pm

I'm not saying it won't happen I'm just saying not yet. Right now I'm still enjoying FFXI although I really miss you and Seph. $100 for an old XBox isn't so bad, but the system itself is pretty boring. When you start adding up 20-50 bucks per game pretty soon you're starting to talk real money. XBox Live has a monthly fee too right?

It's nothing personal, I'm just cheap. I try not to be, but I am. So let's weigh the staying in touch alternatives:
1. FFXI: I'm paying and playing anyway so it's free to me.
2. Instant messaging - free but rather impersonal.
3. Phone - Much more personal and still free in the US on weekends and evenings.
4. In person - Very expensive, but the most personal method possible.

I agree wholeheartedly with you if we let our friendships fade away then all the time playing the game is a waste in the long run. Are you really going to tell your grandchildren about the time you defeated the Shadowlord thanks to your Genie Weskit and Peacock Charm? I hope not.

Please don't take offense to the fact that I'm unwilling to go out today and buy an XBox. Time will tell if our friendship was only a right place at the right time style friendship or a genuine feeling of mutual respect and admiration. Luckily we're still young and we have plenty of time to figure it out.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Sephiros » Tue May 16, 2006 12:58 am

Interesting conversation, well if you wanna get a hold of me Yahoo, XBOX Live or MSN or something is fine. In my profile. As far as in person I really could care less. Could be fun. Canada, Ohio, Wisconsin is not far so those people are close. Florida is fine cause my dad lives there so I can vacation there anytime. Anywhere else is possible, just need to schedule it so...

Unfortuntley I started this game at launch, beat it once, lost character, restarted and have periodically lost parts of my character and almost achieved 75 with 2 accounts twice :) Unfortunatley my time with FFXI is pretty much over... I have had my fun.

As stated I understand your opinions but just keep consoles in mind, things may change. And games included. So hopefully I will HEAR or SEE you in something besides FFXI.
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby kaelsam » Tue May 16, 2006 2:40 am

kk pir and seph got one question for the both of u? what game and where so i can politely kill u and talk to u about it later :twisted: lol j/k. like i said the other day pir once i stop getting jerked around by xbox im so going to start playing it.i love halo 2 and that first person shooter sounds like fun. as far as getting involved in games i still play ff7 on the original ps so thats not a big deal to me. i should have it back by the end of the week hopefully and once i got it back i gotta set up everything again cause its a new system mine was too messed up for them to fix fast. but dont worry guys i am not going to quit playing ffxi by ne means. i still have way too much much i wanna do in the game so i will always b on to help. besides getting excalibur will take about a year to get so im good for awhile in it. when i get on xbox live i will look both of u up so until then gl and take care ( u might wanna start practicing in halo2 pir cause im a good shot lol) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Estarie » Tue May 16, 2006 1:56 pm

I'm pritty loyal to my computer Pir ... i only really use a ps2 if i ever get off my computer ... i think i might be getting to old to learn a new system, lol but if your wanting to send the xbox up i can always give it a try i guess .. and since aelf is like living at my place now he will no doubt get some use out of it. :lol: i'll e-mail my addy to you if you want Pir
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Tue May 16, 2006 3:29 pm

Nah, think I'm just gonna scrap the idea I guess. Had a vision of having fun with you guys still just in other games aside from FFXI which is no longer interesting or fun to me. Never asked anyone to quit. I don't wanna burden anyone so I'll just keep playin and leave it be. I was flirting with the idea of keeping my account but as things progress I think I'm going to cancel. Good luck with FFXI guys and Esty.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Piraya » Tue May 16, 2006 5:38 pm

I wanna say a few things first I guess before I close the book on this discussion. I'd like to share a few things about how I view friendship and what it takes to be a good friend. In my opinion a good friend is someone who doesn't put a price tag on friends, a good friend does things for his/her friend because they like to see how they react, a good friend listens, a good friend hears, a good friend follows and leads. Simply put, a good friend does what it takes to be a good friend.

And here is how I've been a good friend to those who I feel are also my own good friends and loyal. My friend Jeremy who works with me lives in the complete opposite direction of where I live. For over a year I drove him home so he didn't have to take the bus and also to spend time together. I've had 2 xbox's since launch, one of which my good friend has and continues to play. I would play poker with my friends and lose anywhere from 20-60 some nights and still end the night happy because it was about friends hanging out and not money. I'd answer my phone at 1:30am half asleep because my friend was too drunk to drive home and pick him up. I don't drink, but would go to a bar/poolhouse and watch my friends drink while I sipped soda and was the designated driver. Spend about 60 bucks and have a blast...cause its about friends and not the money. These are just some prime examples of what I believe happens when people are good friends.

So...In closing. I'd like to believe you don't think I'm trying to put a pricetag on our friendship. As xbox live is $50 for a full year subscription, I have been paying that since the time I bought my 360. I have had my xbox on hold while playing with you guys. Not once thinking...I'm wasting money. But you did ask me to stick around and play a few days a week on FFXI? Thats $15 a month to play on a couple days a week vs. my alternative of a little over $4 a month for xbox live and I even offered to send a free xbox to Aelf and Esty and I get a response..."I can try it out 'I guess'". So thats why I'm quitting for good after weighing everything that has been said in response to this issue. I'm not gonna put out $15 a month for this game anymore.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby kaelsam » Wed May 17, 2006 2:15 am

pir u forgot one very important part of being a friend which is friends respect the wishes of there friends and dont try to make them or talk them into doing things they may not or have said they dont wanna do. Noone in the ls wants to see u go but if u gotta go then u gotta go. However asking someone u consider a friend to spend more money knowing full well they still wanna play the game they are already playing isnt IMO being a friend. And thats my two cents if its worth nething. On another note funny that ur friend u mentioned is named Jeremy cause my RL name just so happens to Jeramy as well(only spelled the rt way however lol). Gl to u man and i will see in xbox live once i kill a few xbox employees :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Piraya » Wed May 17, 2006 12:56 pm

It was never about the money to me. As low of a monthly fee as xbox live is I was planning on sending a couple full year subscription cards to a few members if they would accept it. My thing is enthusiasm. My enthusiasm to continue our friendship still holds strong and I felt it would be even stronger getting some members on other games along with FFXI. Voice communication via xbox live while playing a game adds an experience very unique to what many are used to vs. FFXI and I wished to share that with others. Even if there is no game you wish to buy and play you can always just pop on and set up a private chat and BS for free as well. Aelf and Esty, I hope you will take me up on my offer of the xbox and subscription cards. If anyone else is concerned about doing this financially I am more than willing to help.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

PreviousNext

Return to The Dustbin