[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Getting shit done

Getting shit done

This is where old events can be filed.

Getting shit done

Postby Piraya » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:41 pm

This week I'd like to have a large effort with all LS members to do things like AF, limit breaks, etc. to get this shit done. I'm tired of hearing things second hand about not getting any help blah blah blah. Frankly, I'm getting to the point where if I don't see more people being helpful other than a select few I'm gonna start kicking people. So this is the thread to post what you'd like to accomplish this week and lets try and group this shit together so we can be efficient at getting coffers keys and such. I don't wanna have someone go..."Oh, I need garlaige coffer key too" when we already just did a bunch.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:46 pm

I'd like to get my Thief AF feet (my last piece at level 65) which requires a big group for an NM fight in Garlaige Citadel. I still need to do some preparing before the battle first though.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Elrick » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:49 pm

hey i'm down to help. just need it to match up with my sch. tuesday will probably be good day for me. but yea pir this week does sound like a good week to do all this ish net
Elrick
Yhoator Yuppie

Postby Estarie » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:45 pm

OK as far as my Af goes i have two left to get, and don't mind getting it out of the way b4 i need them list is as follows

- AF5 = Castle Vahzl Coffer and key ... no NM just the Coffer and key

- AF6 = Behemouth Layer .. i have to click a ??? near the door and fight 3 nm Gob's
they suggest handing the WHM gob his ass first ... and that sounds good with me.
suggested team is eather an Aliance of around 50-60's of a group of high lvls so the more can come the better i would think.

LB3 i will need soon i'm sure .. if you want to do this too i'm game
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:28 pm

LB3 is soloable although admittedly much safer as a Thief.

Each one involves getting by a True Site NM.

Davoi: The only trick thing about this is getting past the magical gate. You can either do the mini quest which may get you killed once you're hit with curse or bring someone who's done it to open the gate for you. You can pretty safely avoid the True Site NM once in the area.

Beadeaux: The NM here is in a small area so it takes some patience for him to move away. If you pull aggro like I did the first time, the zone isn't far away so just go back.

Castle Oztrahojasomething: It's much much safer to have a buddy to open the final gate for you. I'm not sure you could solo this without flee like I did. You also need the list of passwords which is a pain. Finally, you WILL pull aggro here from the NM. I 2 houred and used a Warp Cudgel, but still took massive damage from a couple magic spells. It may be easiest to be patient then go in and suicide. I don't know what everyone else did for this one.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:38 pm

I duo'd the castle and we had little difficulty except for the part Claquesous outlined. The High Priest pretty much stood on the ??? that we had to check the whole time, so I buffed myself (stoneskin, blink) and ran for it. I got mine, then started casting escape while the other guy got it and then pulled the High Priest off of me so i didn't get interupted. Regardless of how you do it there is a chance you might die if you're interupted, so just make sure that you can afford the one death and you'll be fine.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Estarie » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:12 pm

Question Aelf .....

Is there really such thing as an affordable death?
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:42 pm

Well, since you ask I will clear that statement up for you. An "affordable death" is one that will not delevel you. Of course in the game you have an infinite number of "lives" so the penalty is rather minor. I do not suggest you go out in real life and attempt to be like a Blue Mage Esty and try to learn a Tiger's Maul ability, because I'm sorry to say that I wont be able to spam cures on you so you can learn it...hehe.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Estarie » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:33 pm

hmmmm ..... again i remember saying when talking about BLU ... i don't see the point of letting a monster maul me to death to learn how they did that .... :shock:
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Return to The Dustbin