[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Future of WanderingSouls

Future of WanderingSouls

This is where old events can be filed.

Future of WanderingSouls

Postby Piraya » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:39 pm

:arrow: Sorry for posting this in here Kael but those that have access to this portion of the site are the only ones I wish to share this information with at this time. One thing I have been thinking about our LS is that we as a team have great potential to become a large dominant force for camping HNM and Sky. I say this b/c in being in several sky LS's so far I have noticed key elements missing out of most. I common bond amongst friends, people are there solely to get their items usually and have no emotional ties to another. In Spam I will periodly switch over to it on off sky nights just to see who all pokes around in there consistently...I'd say there is a maximum of about 6 people there on off nights, leaving the few sky nights as the only real opportunity to develop relationships and those nights there is only to be organizing LS chat and no bull shitting allowed unless in pt chat. I believe that this key component missing is the cause for a lot of LS's to constantly need to restock members and/or simply break the LS.
:arrow: RiOT LS was different in that aspect which is partially the reason I believe they were so strong a group and such high status amongst sky LS's is because there could be anywhere between 20-30 members on LS at any given time bull shitting and doing stuff together or not but always remaining in contact on non sky nights.
:arrow: The second problem pretty much ties in with the first. Second problem is there is no real grooming process, some cases there's a vote, some cases its up to the co-leaders to say yes or no to an applicant. Either way most of the new people to a sky or HNM LS are simply there because the LS needed that job and they could be either A. Worthless at that job or B. A complete and utter ass hole who's ego overshadows his skill at the game. This ties to the first because there is no built in feelings of trust or comradery when people are simply accepted because of their job and not their skill or personality.
:arrow: Now to the real meat of why I'm posting this. It is my hope that with your support WanderingSouls can first become a HNM/Social LS. Eventually we can have off shoot LS's for Sky and Dynamis if members felt this was feasable to run both. My opinion of why most Sky or HNM LS's fail is their leaders rush to quickly and don't think about quality over quantity. By quantity I judge a person first by their personality and secondly by their skill. Pair up a decent pld with a fucking lite pld and the decent pld will get better. So firstly I want a good and positive attitude first and I believe this should outweigh skill slightly. I will not tolerate ass holes simply because they're good at their job...don't talk shit...show me what you can do and leave it at that. This process will take sometime but I'm going to be seeking new members and talking them seperately about this...not in as much detail but I do plan to make this LS something Unicorn has never seen other than in JP linkshells. A LS that conquers Unicorn while remaining social as well. We choose quality over quantity and slowly build to our goal and the idea and belief system will catch on and more will wish to join us on our mission.
:arrow: Rambled on a bit that last paragraph sorry. But the basic principle is I want to build something Unicorn has never seen and with these principles I believe we can do just that. If done correctly no one person is the soul of the LS...all members bring something great and will want to keep up with it because they believe in its greatness and take pride in it. We can be the next big thing and stay there if we take the time and efforts necessary to groom members and move towards our goals at a consistent yet non rushed pace.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:47 pm

Wow. Quite the diatribe there Piraya. I was actually thinking about something like that the other day. We should keep WanderingSouls as a hang out shell or a hub and recruit to a sky shell based on people who are cool in here. If they wanted in the sky shell, they'd have to hang out in WanderingSouls and be cool and helpful.

I think we're still at least a couple weeks and a few ZM missions away from having people for a Sky shell, but it doesn't hurt to dream big.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:29 pm

My biggest hope is that what we've been doing with WanderingSouls will seep through to any other things we may do. Things will move slower initially but in order to build something actually worthwhile I believe this is a necessary speed in order to insure we get quality people and weed out the selfish jerks.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Return to The Dustbin