[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - CoP Mission 2.5 Saturday? 4/1/01

CoP Mission 2.5 Saturday? 4/1/01

This is where old events can be filed.

CoP Mission 2.5 Saturday? 4/1/01

Postby Piraya » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:43 pm

This may take us a couple tries to finish. This is a very tough fight and we will need 2 people to kite. Smn can kite, rdm/nin can kite, nin/war can kite, and if have to war/nin can kite. This is going to test our team work, fortitude, and I understanding of each one of our roles inside this pt. Things like yag drinks, ethers, potions, etc. will be key to completing this mission so do all of your partners a favor and come prepared because for each loss you didn't come prepared someone else who did is losing gil and getting frustrated.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby ziquan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:58 pm

Ok! I'll start making yag drinks early. what other foods < 72 do you guys want? pear au lait?

ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Piraya » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:20 pm

It all depends on the setup we can bring. I envision it to be like this.
:arrow: Main Tank
Suranx - Pld (Needs Pear Au Lait, Yag drinks, and X-Potions/Hi-Ethers)

:arrow: Back Up tank if not main tank or Kiter
Tehya - Ninja (Needs Navarrin, Pear Au Lait, X-Potions)

:arrow: Main Healer
Aelfwise - Whm (Needs Yag Drinks, X-Potions, Hi-Ethers, echo drops)

:arrow: Kiter, Back Up Heal, Party Buffer and 2 hour extraordinair
Piraya - Smn (Needs Yag drinks, Hi-Ethers, X-Potions, echo drops)

:arrow: Kiter, Mob Debuffer, and DD
Kaelsam - Rdm/Nin (Needs Yag drinks, X-Potions, Hi-Ethers, echo drops)

:arrow: DD
Claquesues/Ziquan (Needs X-Potions, Pear Au Lait)

From the looks of this is we are gonna need to do this twice.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Estarie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:24 am

I'm guessing by the Setup I'm team 2 .. ok let me know what i'm doing and i'll get what i need.
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:39 pm

This is 40 cap as well, what level is your smn at now babe? And yes Esty, nothing is set in stone at this moment but at the very least we will be doin this twice if everyone shows up of course.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Aelfwise » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:15 am

Ok, we tried this twice tonight. Our setup was.

Piraya - SMN/WHM
Aelfwise - WHM/BLM
Estarie - WAR/NIN
Claquesous - THF/NIN
Usagichan - RDM/NIN
Este - PLD/WAR

We made it to the BCNM fight no problems, other than claq aggroing a hypogryph and taking a death. No real issues there. Our problem lies in the actual BCNM itself...

What we learned...

First fight:
The DD party MUST camp at the back (entrance) to the BCNM. If that does not occur it makes the kiter's job much more difficult. This was our problem in the first fight, as the AOE attack of one we were fighting killed off Piraya's Carbuncle and left him open to abuse. From there the fight went downhill. It didn't help that Esty got killed relatively quick into the fight from a WS attack (which are very nasty).

Second fight:
We started this one VERY well actually. We killed the first mob with little difficulty, and both kiters in relative decent health. The problem, however, occured when we wanted to start attacking the second mob. Our puller (Usagi) was pulling the mob to our "fight camp" and being swatted at the duration. While this in itself is not all that suprising, the best method i can think of is for someone in the DD group to engage the mob outside first and trail it in, or at least engage when it is first entering the "fight camp." Usagi took too much damage running it into the zone, and as a result died from an AOE attack. We might have been ok if I hadn't popped a Hi Ether right as she met us, since i was unable to cast any healing spells for a short time (which seemed like an eternity), and healed her. Also, my suggestion for what would have worked better is having pulled Piraya's mob first, and letting Usagi continue kiting. The reason being that Piraya was unable to use his 2hour at all during either fight, and when the mob uses "Physical Transmorgification" it resists ALL physical damage (which is all that our DD team was doing). This seriously hindered our chances because we were unable to damage the mob for about 30 seconds, and they like to use it. Having a SMN available at that point would have been very beneficial for damage, and also as a method of backup healing.

Anyways, those are my observations on the fights. Add anything else that you feel is worthwhile, as I'm sure there are other methods that could work just as well. Given our party setup we had we should have been able to beat it, we just needed experience and a little better execution.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Estarie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:02 pm

Aelf as always, i can't argue with the WHM. i agree with what your saying, some things i noticed were as follows

- party setup was was great, i love having a pld with me for hate control. I know a Ninja may have been better a little more Damage and a little less taken. but if we were to lose hate on the DD partys mob .... i'm sure Aelf would be the first one were pealing off the floor.

- 2 early deaths that we could not afford was Usa, and myself (that may sound vain but), after Usa went down we lost another DD/healer, mainly Healer at the point we pulled usa's mob, Aelf was in dire need of a resting point, and a back up healer would have turned the tides in our favor. my death was bad cause it rendered Claq's SATA useless, and as anyone knows PLD's don't do damage .... like at all.

- I would rather pull pir's Mob first as well, i thik if we could just nuke the second mob that would have given us and edge on the third.

anyway thats my thoughts. i look forward to onwing this later tongiht, keep me in the loop guys, i'm gonna try and get a RR ring or something in case we all fall down again.
(not that i think we will)
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:25 pm

I think we would've easily won on the second try if Usa had not died. I think there are a couple reasons she died that we can learn from. First is she took a lot of damage running back to the tanks. I ran out to get the mob for her, but she ran right by me so I couldn't hit the mob. However, even if I could I doubt I would've overcome her hate. I think it would be better to have Estarie run out to voke hate away and then I could SATA onto the tank. Once hate was finally off Usa she had 58 HP or so. She would've been ok if she had moved away to rest, but I'm pretty sure she was killed by an AoE.

Another idea, when the Yellow liquids dropped no one got them. I lotted one both times, but it took until several people died and the fight was lost before they went into my inventory because not everyone passed. Having people pass in the middle of battle is time consuming and dangerous. I think we should change our treasure method to quartermaster so the items immediately go straight into my inventory. I should also make sure to macroize the usage to make sure I can fire it off fast as soon as that polearm comes out.

I think we had enough potions for the first fight, and even the second I don't think more would've allowed us to win. However, I think we should probably try to bring some au-laits. I don't think anyone had one of them.

Another interesting fact is that in the first fight when it was down to just Aelf, Piraya, and me, I was able to live for about five minutes and do about 40% damage by myself. If Piraya hadn't eventually succumbed as a kiter, I kind of thought there was a chance Aelf would be able to rest up and heal me while I continually evaded attacks. This made me think maybe I should buy some evasion gear and sub WAR.

I think if we were to swap in a Ninja for the Paladin and make sure to learn from all these lessons, I'm confident we can do this.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby kaelsam » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:26 pm

hard to believe they have allowed this to last as long as they have but i did find a site last nite saying the same thing. and naturally by the time i get back in the update will have fixed this and i will not b able to complete it as easily. so good luck guys hope u can beat it now
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:17 pm

I'd honestly rather do it the right way which I don't think would be that hard with our party setup from the other day with just a NIN swapped in for the paladin and using the other lessons we learned. If we lose again then we can do this, but it feels too much like a cheat for me to feel satisfied with it.

I hope if they fix the cheat they also fix the difficulty of the fight. If it's so hard that everyone is cheating, it's too hard. You don't gain anything from doing this fight, it's only an obstacle in the way of advancing the storyline.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Next

Return to The Dustbin