[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 745: Use of undefined constant uid - assumed 'uid' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 746: Use of undefined constant gid - assumed 'gid' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Petrifying Pair

Petrifying Pair

This is where old events can be filed.

Postby Piraya » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:42 pm

I would like to try petrifying pair tonight. In reading about Under Observation I was thinking of a strategy for it involvling Smn, Nin, and Drk. Drk for stunning ga spells when they see them. I say summoner b/c I've heard and tried this myself but with carbuncle you are able to safe pull a mob away from the rest thus everyone is able to concentrate on one thing rather than scrambling all over the place. Now I cannot say this will work for this bcnm but I've heard that it works on Petrifying Pair and I don't see why it shouldn't work on this as well.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby kaelsam » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:12 pm

it might work never tried it though sounds interesting though :idea: but i know for a fact that the setup i outlined works but its whatever to me i just like killing shit for money :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:37 pm

I moved this to it's own topic.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:07 pm

This one is fun, but we did die on it once and beat it once so I'm not sure if it's the best for us right now.

I've heard a rumour that if you turn around while the lizard is preparing to do Baleful glaze, you won't get petrified. I find this hard to believe, but it's definitely something I'd be willing to try.

The working setup was 2x WAR/NIN, 1 RDM. Piraya was the RDM the time we beat it.
I think this is the perfect setup because WARs are doing same amount of damage so hate is easy to pass back and forth. Also RDM kiter seems to work very well with gravity. A Hi-Ether for insurance is helpful.
We lost as NIN/WAR, RNG/NIN, RDM, but I think the kiter screwed up. I was also only 28 RNG and all the good stuff comes at level 30 (Noct gear, new bow, new crossbow, Hawker Knives).

I think the closest we have to this is WAR/NIN me, NIN/WAR Piraya, RDM Kael
This could work, but the biggest problem is that NIN does very little damage unless maybe you're thinking of backwards tanking with the elemental wheel. I've never done that, so I don't know how much damage it does.
We might also try WAR/NIN me, DRK/NIN Kael, and RDM Piraya.
This might work, but I think Kael would have to turn around occasionally so he doesn't get too much hate.

I don't see how Aelf fits in except maybe if he were to kite as WHM/SMN, but this seems risky.

At this point, I'd rather only do BCNMs where we know we have a winning strategy.

By the way, what other drops are there for this? Right now, I don't think the leaping boots alone make it worthwhile.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:50 pm

Ok, we've argued on this several times to the point where its getting quite aggrevating. If you don't wanna try a strategy out and only use a cookie cutter strategy whatever. But I'm looking at it from the standpoint of doing the Hecteyes one effectively and only way I see that is trying to test safe pulling.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby kaelsam » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:17 pm

claq the time that ya'll beat it was with me as a drk/nin pir as rdm/nin he was kiting the other one and a war/nin cant remember who that was might have been u. this stragety works very well like it is i have beaten this more times than either of u have done it so i know what im talking about. i want to do this one as a means of testing us to see what we r capable of. I AM SCHEDULING THIS ONE TOMORROW NITE (thursday) at 10 cst or later depending on everyones schedules. piraya u r rdm/nin im drk/nin claq u will b war/nin and unfortunately aelf ur rdm is too low to do this one so u get to sit back and watch. this one can b beat easily and is a test for us. if we can not beat this one with this setup that i have used many times then there is no point in doing ne others imo. after we beat it once then pir we will try out ur pulling strategy cause i think it has merit and needs to b fine tuned to see what its capable of. see everyone on tomorrow nite.
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:17 pm

The time I beat it was with Lydric and Piraya. I have no doubt DRK will work in place on WAR, I just worry he may pull too much hate so you may not be able to attack at 100%.

One of the most impressive players I've ever seen was the PLD tank we partied with a few weeks ago when we all hit 50 in Crawler's Nest. He would turn around when I indicated TP was ready so that the SAM (or whoever the other DD was) could get hate back and Trick Attack and the Skillchain wasn't wasted. You may need to do something like this just so I can voke it off of you when you need to put shadows back up.

After buying a Nomad +1 yesterday I am rather poor. In the long run we need to experiment with things, but we also need to have the money to buy the equipment to be effective.

Right now, I'd rather do the bats because my math shows it is much more profitable than these lizards and because we can do it with all four of us.

If the two of you overrule me, I'll grab my 30 gear from storage, my axe from Gueulemer, some shihei, and show up tomorrow at 11 with my best attempt at a happy face :lol:

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:40 pm

Oh yeah, and an orb...

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby kaelsam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:43 am

i do agree with u on the fact that the bats are more profitable and yes they r easier but thats not whats the point here. we need to do this one because it a harder one to do and will test us alot better than the bats will. only about it that i dont like is that aelf really cant contribute to it but we will work on that one. this one is for a test of our dd's to kill as best as possible and not die thats why we need to do this one. its hard but not too hard no what i mean. as far as im concerned its still on for tonite but if the rest dont wanna then i guess we wont but it is the best one to learn on imo.
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Piraya » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:06 pm

Lets schedule this for 7pm pst tonight. Thats gives me some time to get home and get gear transfered. I can either go nin/war or rdm/nin. Whichever is needed.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Next

Return to The Dustbin