[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Orcish Trapper: NM

Orcish Trapper: NM

This is where old events can be filed.

Orcish Trapper: NM

Postby Piraya » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:16 pm

This NM is located in Carpenters Landing. A lottery spawn with a placeholder called Flytrapper. I know I can solo this but would nice to have some company and TH2 would come in handy as the Flytrappers drop a material for Alchemy that is used in Hermes Quencher and Hyper Potion. This NM drops a rare katana called Nikkariaoe which gives -25% cast interuption. Help with recasting utsusemi and is lvl 30.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:38 pm

Took me a little while, but I found it. It's called Orctrap. I could use the Birdtrap drop to level alchemy once I hit 67 assuming Hecteyes aren't prohibitively expensive so I'm in.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:21 pm

I also forgot to mention that this Katana sells for 1m and i'm unsure if its heavily camped or not. Guess we'll soon find out. Now I can use this for my ninja but was thinking we can camp this for profit as well.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:54 pm

1 million? Darn. Probably camped. Could you maybe scout it out sometime? You can probably just search the area to find out if it's camped or not.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:54 pm

I could probably help out with this too. I'm sure other up and coming Ninja's could use this while they're levelling if we get one, and if we were to manage to get a couple (wishful thinking I know) then selling for gil would be a good idea.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:06 am

Now that my NIN is 30, I'd like to get this. Why don't we try it out sometime? Sounds like it's generally a fairly quick pop and easy to locate with Widescan.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:17 pm

With the new implimented action by POL I imagine this is a little easier to get a claim on now. Not to say that all gil sellers are gone but many have been effected and I've even heard rumors that the big one has pulled from selling to FFXI users.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:00 am

Congratulations Tehya! Was it heavily camped? Were you using Widescan? Is the 1-3 hour pop time accurate?

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:42 pm

So essentially you could kill the placeholder and come back later?
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:00 pm

Every NM I know has one placeholder that can only be identified using Widescan. All mobs also have respawn timers. I have no idea how often these traps respawn, but it's probably either 5 or 8 minutes. If you kill the one placeholder you know you can wait around for the respawn time. Occasionally when camping JeJ I'll hit flee at five minutes and then widescan to find the pop. During the five minutes when I'm waiting for ToD timer to pop I can go around farming. Not sure if there's anything worth farming in this area. Knowing this information cuts down on the stress of not knowing when the mob will pop because you know within five seconds or so when he can pop.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Next

Return to The Dustbin