[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Garrison Week of January 9th 2005

Garrison Week of January 9th 2005

This is where old events can be filed.

Garrison Week of January 9th 2005

Postby Claquesous » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:39 pm

I want to do a garrison this week.

First question is how many people do we want to do it? 6,12,18? If we want to do it with 18 we'll need to do some serious planning and probably will want to invite friends.

Next question is who will fill the roles? The main roles are one WHM per party and one NIN/WAR to kite a mob between rounds. After that, we need a couple more tanks and some DD.

I would like to try this on Wednesday perhaps? I'm thinking I have plans for Thursday.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby ziquan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:06 pm

sounds fun. I'll go as whatever.
I'm not sure if i've heard "kite" before. ???

ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:43 pm

Kite means to pull one mob away from the rest of the group and hold him. Garrison involves several waves of mobs. By kiting one mob, you delay the start of the next wave while everyone heals. It's kind of a silly hack, but we should take advantage of it since it exists.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:08 pm

Hmmm, that's what the party i was involved with forgot to do. We just went ape on each wave as they came, forgetting to get a chance to rest in between. I have the Ronfaure Garrison item so i can contribute one if we want to do it.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:39 am

So tonight we did our first Garrison, and it was a bit of a disaster. We did learn a couple things though. One is, we definitely should go with a Ninja. Second, we need to be well equipped and use food and potions where appropriate. Third is the item needed to start Garrison isn't all that hard to get so we can try as often as we want. Lastly, after all the people die, Garrison ends. With that in mind, I think we should just try to keep one or two NPCs alive and as many as us alive as possible. It's not an all or nothing kind of thing like in BCNMs. We can lose without all dying. Also, we got a reward after killing the first big Quadav in the second round so maybe we should just shoot for a couple rewards until we learn more. Time for bed...

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Estarie » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:48 am

I'll Tank for you if it's the lvl 20 Garrison, Last night didn't go so well but i'm game for it again for sure just let me know hwere and when. 8)
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Sephiros » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:15 am

So that is what I raised people from eh? Interesting.
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Estarie » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:28 pm

Ohhh no one told you Seph, lololol :lol:
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:15 pm

Est, you'd probably be more usefull as a DD then tanking this. Warriors are not the best tanks in this game...its a toss up between Pld and Nin. Granted, warriors can tank at that level but not as effective for party as either ninja or pld.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:52 pm

In Garrison, isn't the idea that everyone is a tank? If you have more than a couple people that can't voke, the townspeople or the healer will be slaughtered. Sephiros, Piraya seems to believe you've done a fair amount of these, could you post some strategies? I'd like to try this again sometime soon. The 66,666 we made in the five minutes it took to kill one big quadav is a decent rate of return even if it did cost a couple hundred experience points.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Next

Return to The Dustbin