[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - NPC levelling and skillups in Toraimarai Canal

NPC levelling and skillups in Toraimarai Canal

Experience parties, Skill up parties, Farming parties

NPC levelling and skillups in Toraimarai Canal

Postby Aelfwise » Mon May 29, 2006 11:04 am

Just what i said, I think this would be a good area to level our NPC's if we had enough interest in doing it. The one night we organized a two party alliance for western altepa desert and we ran around raping manticores, cactuars, and antica. Was quite fun actually and very productive for NPC growth.

The mobs are a good level here for both the NPC levelling and potential skillups. The only downfall is that we need one of each mage in order to get in. Of course I have my WHM that I can bring along, and if Kaelsam is on he could bring his RDM. That leaves us needing a BLM. I was originally thinking Piraya a while back, but since he's taken a step back from the game and just using it for chat mainly I don't want to make him feel obligated. On the other hand we might get an AF item for his SMN if he were to want to tag along (and if he ever wanted to use his SMN again downthe road).

This is just a suggestion, since we'd need to have everyone ready at the same time. Finding good NPC levelling spots is getting trickier without competing with BST's and parties, and I always hate people stealing mobs from EXP parties.

Give me some feedback.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Mon May 29, 2006 11:13 am

Oh, I just found out you can also access the area if you have the quest "Toraimarai Turmoil" opened (it's repeatable).

When you get the quest you are also given a pass to enter the canal from Windurst Walls. The entrance is under the Heros house. Go down the side of the bridge to the right of the house, then talk to the cardian there. It takes you to the exact map you need to access.

Guess that means that anyone could get in there provided you have the quest active.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby ziquan » Mon May 29, 2006 4:58 pm

i'm interested
ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Mon May 29, 2006 6:14 pm

I don't think I've ever been to this zone, but I was wondering why you suggest it. Every single mob there is aggressive which would be a bit frustrating it seems. I personally have soloed my NPC entirely in crawler's nest. So far I was killing mostly flies, but I might move on to Rumble Crawlers or something else on the other map. I've never seen a party back there so it should be safe in that respect.

My NPC is 46 now I think. What level is yours?

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Lordofchaos » Mon May 29, 2006 10:33 pm

i need to hardcore lv my npc he is only 36 and he looks like a dork i gave him a silk hat to wear.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Aelfwise » Tue May 30, 2006 7:35 am

lol, you and esty gave your npcs the dorky silk hat.

To answer your question claq, just because there are aggressive monsters does not mean there are no safe camping spots. The biggest reason people dont go in here is because of the organization that you NEED to have 3 mages (white, black, red). There are loopholes, but that is generally why there's rarely anyone there. If we had a bunch of people we could kill Starmites (beetles) and scorpions at the one area, or Dire Bats in another area. Either way, we'd have no competition, and with a large group we'd fight in relative safety (if we were really crazy we'd fight 2 mobs at once).

Alot of people either exp parties or their npc's on rumble crawlers, and odds are we'd bump into someone levelling off of those. My npc is 55 now so I pretty much require level 60+ mobs for her to get max experience. Having them around 65 or so lets us skillup as well, so we'd be doing two things at once.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Lordofchaos » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:03 pm

Were is a good place to lv my npc at 38. Anyone else around that lv wanna lv npc
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Aelfwise » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:52 am

I went with Lydric to Crawlers Nest for a while, probably from 40-46 or so (although that's one of the best spots to just start off in). We then went to Xarcabard to about 50 and whereever after that point.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:43 pm

I've leveled almost exclusively in Crawler's nest. I just fought flies because they're the first mob that is always 50+ and hence can always drop KS. Their AoE got my NPC killed a few times though. They also may be a bit hard for you at your level. I moved on to beetles a bit, but those are annoying because of their evasion down move so I quickly moved to rumble crawlers. Now I think my NPC is at the point where I'd move to Knight Crawlers, but those are much too high for you.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:54 pm

I was in a skillup party in Kuftal Tunnel where mobs were about 60-64 (killing beetles and crabs). Got my NPC to 59 (3 NPC summons) and got 16 skill levels on my club ^^
Aelfwise
Sky God

Next

Return to Parties