[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Salvage

Salvage

Plans to do one of the other team based activities.

Salvage

Postby Lordofchaos » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:36 pm

So what to think of how salvage. I think with all the limits hampering that might cause it to suck.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Claquesous » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:41 am

Hard to say. I think it depends on what the rewards are before I'd judge it.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Mayous » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:14 am

I think it's going to be Awesome, if only to just do something new once. I mean Besieged isnt the best in the world because of lag and stuff like that but it was super fun to do when it was something new. Anyway, We should do more assaults.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:34 pm

The rewards are DEFINITELY worth it. I'd been talking to Kaelsam regarding it and the gear is outrageous. Problem is you use assault points to enter...so guess I need to accumulate some more hehe.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Mayous » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:41 am

Which brings me back to my other post, LETS DO SOME ASSUALTS!!!!!!!
I rest my point XD
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:22 pm

I looked through the THF gear and I have to say it is just stupid good. Pretty much every piece is better or comparable to what I currently have. Some of them are significantly better than any other piece out there.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:20 pm

I did a little more reading on Salvage and found out that it looks like it'll be rather unfeasible to get a full set of gear. It's not like Dynamis where stuff just drops. It's more like AF+1 where you need to farm stuff and also trade in materials. Unlike Limbus where the crafted items are fairly cheap, these items are prohibitively expensive.

The cost for any set of gear is:
10x O. Ingot = 3.5 m
10x Wootz Ingot = 3 m
10x Bloodwood Lumber = 1m
10x Wamoura Cloth = 125k
10x Marid Leather = 100k

50x Imperial Gold Pieces = 1m

Plus 15 armour drops from Salvage. Assuming you get one per run (not necessarily a good assumption) you spent 2k Assault points at an opportunity cost of around 100k. Gives:

30k Assault Points = 1.5m

This totals up to over 10million gil for a full set at current prices. This may be rather pessimistic and it's using opportunity costs that most people seem to ignore, but I'm not sure the rewards are DEFINITELY worth it anymore. So at this point, I'm kind of thinking we should definitely do more assaults since those cost little and sound fun and give good rewards. If some want to save up their points for Salvage then good. Others can just spend their points on the existing rewards. Anyway, here's a link to info on Salvage

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby almeada » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:35 pm

i'm down for some assaults, and would like to get the amir set, which is 20k AP's in each assault area >.< i got 20k in ilrusi atoll already but still need 20k in the remaining assaults >.> so much to do in so little time lol.
ZM: Complete CoP: Complete ToAU: Complete
Apocalypse Nigh: Complete Divine Might: Complete
San'Doria: Rank 10 Windurst: Rank 10 Bastok: Rank 5
SAM75 WHM75 NIN75 RNG75 MNK73 BLM70
almeada
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Aelfwise » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:50 am

This is looking to be more of an option for our LS members now. Prices have cooled down on alot of the crafting materials, and we've just gotten more LS members past the point in ToAU missions that are a pre-requisite for it. Kolob is wanting to setup an Assault group (on a daily or bi-daily basis) so we can build our points. With a bunch of higher level people in the LS we can definitely do Assault runs more often if we can get some times setup, and then possibly move on to trying Salvage at a later time.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Jerik » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:44 am

Yeah, doing salvage could be fun, especially with you guys. I would definitely like some of the armor that you can get from there.
Jerik
Kuftal Kicker

Next

Return to Garrison, Ballista, Special Events