[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Garrisson 2/6

Garrisson 2/6

Plans to do one of the other team based activities.

Garrisson 2/6

Postby Claquesous » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:28 pm

Famous really wanted to do Garrison. Aelf and I were planning on going too. We'll need a couple more. I can go as Ninja this time. Just a reminder of what drops in Garrison

Garrison Tunic 500k+
Garrison Gloves 300k+
Garrison Boots 600k+
Garrison Hose 200k+
Mannequin Hands 300k
Mannequin Feet 300k
Memoires give 3-5k experience

I think those are fairly accurate or under actual prices. As you can see it can be quite valuable.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:18 pm

2/6 is today. I also posted to the lsmes this morning before work. It would be really nice if we could get a full alliance for this. If we get Garrison Boots, I'll pay 600k on the spot (evenly split between all members). Please post if you're planning on joining today and what job you'll be going as. I know Estarie has the item for this. If we want to get another one, I can probably farm them in Palborough Mines if someone else would like to join me. I'm planning on going as Ninja/Warrior.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby ziquan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:24 pm

Yo.
I volunteer if it is after 8pm CST tonight.
I guess I'd like to be WAR again, but I could always do THF or less likely DRK.

ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:08 pm

THF is pretty useless at level 20 because they can't take much or do much damage. WAR is pretty good. DRK may actually be quite good as DD if we have enough tanks.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:17 pm

Ok so we all died again. Many of us twice. So it goes. I thought we did better this time though. I know we were all targeting the same mob at times. Lydric always seemed to be with me. Aelf, what was your take on this?

I found out that Ninja kiting is pretty tough. Even with the absolute max evasion at level 20, I was still getting hit every time for 40 damage. I never got shadows back up after they wore. I'm sure I wasn't running around enough due to my inexperience, but I'm not sure how long I could reasonably kite.

A few other things we should try to apply next time:
2 Hours:
I didn't see anyone 2 hour. This is exactly what 2 hours were made for. The only way to succeed is to two hour. Because of this, I'd guess that WAR, MNK, SMN, and BLM are probably the best jobs for garrison outside of the necessary WHM and NINs. Ninja 2 hour is pretty much useless outside of the end of the fourth wave. I have one friend who has ever beaten a Garrison and he suggested a full alliance just so that you can have a couple SMN 2 hours.

Equipment:
Garrison is really tough, rag tag armour and no armour doesn't cut it. I know Kolob didn't mean to go with no armour, but we know it doesn't work out. I'm not saying everyone needs to buy the best HQ armour out there, but they should have the best NQ armour for the level.

Support Items:
Hi-Ethers are really cheap if you farm the bat wings (I'd gladly make them for 2k a pop if you supplied the four bat wings.) and at level 20 pretty much equal full MP. I used 3 Hi-Potions in the first garrison and died using the third in the second. Hi-Potions are really cheap after you get the Marlboro Vine which seems to be cheapest at the Alchemy Guild these days. I also should've used my Pear-Au-Lait, but forgot both times. Everyone should be using food of some sort too.

Dead people:
After Aelf raised the losers they could get aggro, but couldn't attack. Maybe we can use this to our advantage by bringing a couple white mages to help cure these people. This is kind of a hack, but maybe we can take advantage of it.

In conclusion, I still had fun and I hope everyone else did too. I'm determined to beat one of these one day. If we could figure out a reliable way to do it, it might even be somewhat profitable.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Return to Garrison, Ballista, Special Events