[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Linkshell Changes

Linkshell Changes

A place to post information about the Linkshell, duh.

Postby Mayous » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:04 am

Well My post was about how others felt. I guess my feelings are this. I care for all of you and didnt mean to hurt a soul. All I want is to finally be respected as the player I am. I get asked questions from alot of people, get requests for help from alot of people, and drop what I'm doing to help alot of people. Do I ever normally see anything in return? No, I dont, but thats ok as long as it helped the ls, But my helping wasnt enough to help wandering souls anymore because once you reach a certain lvl you dont need a 75PLD anymore. And thats kind of how I felt, like I wasnt needed anymore, People say we need you May, your a leader May, well what happens when it comes down to an event no one ever caught me up to them, it's always me catching others up, to watch them get the things I dont have myself. When it comes time for me to get mine everyone's busy. I would like to take a minute and thank those that came out to help on Charby, It means more to me then anyone knows. I want everyone to know also that I maybe leaving the Static, as a HNM Shell that wants me wants my SMN at 75 asap. I regret to leave this static and it's been the most fun I think I've ever had in this game. I havent made my mind up completely yet. Maybe this post makes me seem like a Hepociate, when I ask for people to come help, but most of the time I ask for help from everyone it's to help someone else not myself. Anyway I have no ill feelings toward anyone on wandering souls nor do I ever want to drop my pearl. Anyways, I will always be on your friendslist if you want to talk. I have to get back into this game for me, and my friends that want to be right there with me when I do it. I have alot of memories and pictures of wandering souls. please dont let those memories be the last I ever have.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:47 am

My only issue with helping people at the expense of an event already lined up or party, you are giving more importance to one person than to another. There are certain people I tend to jump when they ask for assistance, that is true, but when someone asks for help with AF or LB's I ask that they just wait until my event is finished. An example would be me skipping Limbus to help Forsakenone with his LB3 or Vivic with a Coffer Key. I would be helping them out, but at the same time letting down my Limbus group because they aren't getting the turnout they need. I try to make it clear that I am willing to help when I am not inconveniencing others in order to assist them.

Anyways that's my 2 cents about helping.

As for Mayous possibly leaving the static, that'd be unfortunate since I've been lucky having you with us from a job point of view, but also that you can joke around with us. Getting an outsider to come in wouldn't be the same. That and the fact I love having you Hastega...but that's besides the point :P If you end up doing HNM I'd like to warn you that your "me" time will be practically nixed though, that's the biggest reason I haven't joined a HNM shell, I wouldn't have time for me or anyone else for the most part.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Jerik » Sun May 04, 2008 2:08 am

I think I'm ready to make my rant now...

Mayous, I think, that what you did was a bad thing. You tore a good shell in half because you took a lot of members from WS into your shell. What's the point of making a new shell when you can meet those people in WS? You are also a leader of WS, why do you have to make a shell where you are leader when you are already a leader in WS? It is not like they are any different, just a different shell holder. You can do the exact same thing in WS as you can in your shell. Before you took a long break, you used the shell for a couple of your friends, it was a nice little getaway from WS to just talk to those specific people, but now you pretty much tore a shell, that I am a sackholder of, in half, I'm kinda mad at that because they were the people I thought were cool on WS, and I feel like I'd be betraying Claq, Aelf, and the others still left on WS, if I were to go over into your shell for those people, because, WS is pretty much my home on the game and I don't want to leave that home. I might just be a little opposed to change, but I also think that what you did, in my eyes, is wrong, and that's what prevents me from going into May's shell more often. I love the people that went over to May's LS, but the way you just picked them from WS just kinda bothers me to the point where I just don't want to go on Mayous's LS. It's like you took the people that you liked from WS and made your own shell, for no specific reason, I know you like to preach that you're not selfish, but that, in itself, shows a very selfish aspect. I've noticed you tried to make a Promy run this weekend, but ended up falling through because of lack of interest, well, all I'm gonna say is.... What did you expect from people that you took from another shell where the same thing happened? It's either they don't feel they need it or don't want to go back and do them.

Yes, WS does have a lot of sackholders, I've noticed that and have been like "Why do we need this many sackholders?" I am willing to give up my pearlsack because I've noticed that I don't really do much as a sackholder, I'll set an LS message every now and then or give someone a pearl, I don't recuit people, only have given 1 or 2 pearls to a couple people that weren't someone else mule (that was already in WS.) I think most of our problem is, that WS isn't a group of really close friends anymore, we have some people in there that I am like "Eh" to. I think we need to "weed" out some of those people and make us a bunch of close friends again, might be a little unfair, but it might be good for the shell. And I'm not sure if setting people to do certain things is a good idea either, it is a game, and a social LS, people shouldn't have to be made to do somethings, rather, make people sackholders that actually do a lot of good for the shell, like Aelf, he helps more people than he should, probably, I help out a little but not sure how much of an impact I really make. We should probably go through people and decide on who should be sackholders and who doesn't need to be a sackholder.

For helping people out, I sometimes do, sometimes don't. I do a bit of endgame so I like to do what I want to do, I don't exactly have that much time to play on weekdays cause 3 of them, I have an endgame event to go to. Weekends... I sometimes have things to do, but that's when I can usually get a lot accomplished for myself or others. I'm more inclined to help closer friends than I am some of the people I just know on the shell, that's how everyone is.

Sorry if it may seem all over the place, I just kinda ranted and edited it, took me over an hour to make this post. :shock:
Jerik
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Mayous » Sun May 04, 2008 11:59 pm

Ok first, I'm really getting tired of saying this so I'll put it in caps, I DIDNT ASK ANYONE TO COME WITH ME, I left Wandering Souls by myself, Just me. Then the next day I had a few people /tell me and ask why I wasnt on Wandering Souls and I told them I left because I needed more then a Social ls. Never did I say "Hey come to my linkshell" And further more I'm really tired of people telling me how bad it was that I left. I didnt do a single thing wrong for wanting to have more then a social ls. Also I'm really tired of people putting the blame of the split on me. It's not my fault and I really dont like the fact that it's being put all on me.

Second, The point of me making my own shell is that I'm ready to try and put some things together and do event and if I cant get these people to want to do things then I'll find more people that will. Honestly I've been playing this game a really long time and I should have all the things I want or be close to i and I'm not because all I ever do is ask for help and get ignored. All the people that left got ignored, andyou say that maybe they didnt ask you, I can almost be for sure that they proboly did ask while everyone is on but everyone was to busy helping their "Close Friends" to even look up and see that someone was talking on the ls. I dont know I think I might just go ahead and switch servers or something because I'm seriously tired of this getting blamed on me.

Anyways I'm done trying to clear my name, Hate m if you want, dislike me if you want I'm done and I'm not going to try and defend myself for something I didnt do.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Mon May 05, 2008 1:43 am

Referring to two posts Mayous made above and highlighting some points you brought up.

"I get asked questions from alot of people, get requests for help from alot of people, and drop what I'm doing to help alot of people. Do I ever normally see anything in return? No, I dont, but thats ok as long as it helped the ls"

About dropping everything you're doing to assist others, I have never felt that is the best approach towards things. The only time I will do that is if it is urgent (like a 24 hour type NM spawn) or if what I am currently doing is easily set aside. For me to inconvenience one or more people only to assist another seems foolhardy to me. I like some form of order and scheduling, but maybe that's just me.

But my helping wasnt enough to help wandering souls anymore because once you reach a certain lvl you dont need a 75PLD anymore. And thats kind of how I felt, like I wasnt needed anymore

There are plenty of times that I would "need" a 75 PLD. Yes you can get by in some cases where people are very good at their jobs, but more often than not a PLD would have made my life so very much easier. The LS has not done many Endgame events, this has led to a lack of desperate need for higher level tanks. Sure we might kill the odd little NM that can be shadow tanked by a lolWAR but that is hardly the same. I have tried to set up stuff like BCNM/KSNMs but a combination of people not being on at the right times and general lack of interest tends to kibosh it. I have attempted to include those not always able to join us in higher level activities in lower level BCNMs in order to give them a feel for what they may do later, but obviously some either aren't interested enough to want to join, or they have their own "groups" they would rather hang out with. It goes both ways.

when I ask for people to come help, but most of the time I ask for help from everyone it's to help someone else not myself

Again about helping others. I do this on a regular basis, someone asks me for help and I ask others. If I don't ask anyone else, they have no idea it's even needed because the original individual was either too shy to ask and didn't want to bother someone else or they see me helping others and figure that I'd be a good one to ask. You do not have to be the go-to guy for absolutely every little thing people would like. Yes there is a feeling of satisfaction when someone says "OMG TY SO MUCH!" after it is over, but if you do it for that reason only then it's less about helping and more about feeding my own ego. Sometimes it is just as beneficial to defer the one asking to another person. If someone would ask me to help them do a quest where all they needed to do was have someone sneak/invisible them I would have suggested they ask someone like Hakku. If they needed a lower level quest NM and I was currently doing something I could suggest they ask Yasashiku or Lummox.

I wasnt on Wandering Souls and I told them I left because I needed more then a Social ls

In my opinion this is where Endgame or Special Event groups belong. Yes a Social LS can be absolutely everything if everyone is committed, but the realistic idea behind a social is purely for the socializing and joking around. There are many Endgame style LS's out there that will laugh at you if you ask for something like a Rank mission or AF, that is not why people are in those groups. To want more than a social LS is to create an event group. We used to have one that Kaelsam started and that fell through due to people just having a lack of interest. I feel that in creating another LS for "more than social" and it becoming populated with (ex)members of WS that you will just have the exact same issues you had here unless it is ONLY used for events and joking around DURING the events.

Honestly I've been playing this game a really long time and I should have all the things I want or be close to i and I'm not because all I ever do is ask for help and get ignored.

I can sympathize with this comment a bit, but if the only reason I played this was to "have all the things I want" then I would have just bought a decked out account, gotten bored with all the stuff I didn't do on my own, and quit. Being ignored tends to be brought up over and over again, and to be perfectly honest everyone is guilty of it. This includes myself, as well as the ones feeling they are being ignored. However, this is not a WS only issue! Absolutely everyone I talk to concerning this relates to it in other LS's, where someone will ask for help while everyone is chatty and then the LS suddenly goes blank and no one says anything. It happens everywhere and will continue to happen as long as people hope that someone else speaks up and takes the "burden" of helping. It is not the way I wish things happened but is the way they do, and continually being the one to say "ya sure I'll help" only manifests the issue further. There is too much reliance on specific helpers for others to step up and take an active role, and that will forever be a problem in Real Life as well, there are the givers and there are the moochers.

I'm sorry for the long long long post, but I've been pondering everything being talked about and felt I'd better not delay any further.

P.S. Notice that I did not say once about Mayous being the one to "steal" people from Wandering Souls by inviting them. I will say that I was given a pearl randomly, and without any explanation of why I was receiving it. If this is how others found out about ForgottenKings as well, I can see where accusations came from regardless of whether they were accurate or not. I do not blame you for what has now happened Mayous, but you must admit that without a new LS there would not have been a migration of people and a feeling of desertion.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Jerik » Mon May 05, 2008 6:48 am

Well, as Aelf said, you did make the shell, you may not have asked them to come over, but they still went over. I don't mind that you are trying to use that shell for events and stuff of the like before, but right now it just seems like it's a social LS with you attempting to to do events that nobody is responding to, same thing happened in WS.

I guess I have a little proposition... You come back to WS and just use your shell as an event shell like it was intended, put up your linkshell message, like a sky or dynamis shell, leave, and then go do the event at it's appointed time. You can use WS as your social and get people from there to do the events you want to do, but do your events on your shell, if people go over there during the event time to talk, okay, but just come back to WS when it's over. :( I think that could solve quite a few of our issues because, I don't want to switch shells to talk to a few people over here and a few people over there, keep them all in one shell and I can be a happy person. :)
Jerik
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Aelfwise » Mon May 05, 2008 10:35 am

From what Mayous has said there are a few individuals who would rather not come back to WS for any reason. If this is the case, and I do not disbelieve him, then I think it would be in their better interest to find other socials to belong to rather than just WSLite. I do not like to discriminate, and I would welcome back everyone that left personally, but if they are of the mind to not feel welcome here then there is nothing I can do about it.

Mayous, you have been a leader here for a long time. People do not realize how much someone contributes until they are gone, and that is how I feel about you and others missing. There is a void that has been created and it is difficult to fill.

Please do not feel that everyone is making an attack on you. There are frustrations on both sides and emotions sometimes run hot. It is also hard to translate text from its intended message when we are in a defensive position. I value your friendship on here and will continue to do so. My only wish is that things could be remedied.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Mon May 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Mayous, I like to look for the good in people and as such, I like to believe that you did what you did with good intentions. However, I think you initially did a very poor job of communicating. I also think some of your assumptions are naive bordering on rather dumb (to put it politely).

Despite your initial failure to communicate, I applaud your efforts to communicate after the fact. You're the only person that has really contacted me, and I appreciate it. (However, you haven't left completely because you have come back a couple times.) There are a few other people that have also hopped back and forth. I especially appreciate Vivic and Forsakenone for taking the time to contact me and realize how hurt I was about the split. There are some people however that still haven't spoken to me, and those are the ones with whom I am most upset. I can only presume they are also the ones that don't want to go back. I can't understand their thinking. It's not as if I have ever knowingly been mean to any of them. I also never intentionally ignored anyone.

I'm going to agree with what Jerik said. Ever since I first joined WanderingSouls (there was actually another shell before WanderingSouls, but I forget the name right now, and it was very shortlived), my goal was to recruit everyone I knew so that I wouldn't have to ever use /tell again. I was very successful with that goal. Of the people on my friend's list, almost all of them are either WanderingSoulz members or leaders of different shells and therefore not able to join us. Clearly, I have a hard enough time keeping track of everyone in our shell. I have very little time left for others. Unfortunately, those that left are now in the others category.

Being the leader isn't easy, and I often wish I hadn't let Mikejones convince me into doing it. Aelfwise relinquished pretty easily, and I now think that's just further evidence of his being better than me in every way. I think you are finding this out the hard way. It's very hard to keep people happy, and you're not always the one that will fulfill their dreams. I know that Lefiont still needs SMN AF; Igget needs Promies; Hakku, Petal, Viszarn, Lummox and myself need sky; Mayous needs Molvalpolos BCNM for 5-3; Yasashiku needed OHat. I'm sure there are others that I don't even know about. If I could wave a magic wand and give everyone what they wanted I would, but I can't so I just help out where I can. It's very disappointing when people don't seem to appreciate what I do. (Aelfwise does even more, so I can only assume he's even more disappointed.)

Being a endgame leader is even worse than a social leader. My sky leader doesn't have DM, and is only on Ouryu for CoP. He spends all his time organizing sky and dealing with the gripes of all the whiny members (like myself and my four characters). My Dynamis linkshell leader is so tired of the game he seems to pretty much only play during Dynamis.

Since others aren't privy to our own private communication, I hope you won't mind if I disclose some of what I've spoken to you about in the past. I think you're burning yourself out. You've spoken to me of quitting altogether and now of switching servers. You've also spoken about grand plans to obtain a Joyeuse, Ares Body, Defending Ring and other items, and leveling a fourth job to 75 beyond your one and two halves. I also happen to know you are starting out a career on your own, and that takes time and effort. You need to be realistic about your goals, and you need friends to help you achieve them.

You may not have intended to hurt us, but you did. However, we're still your friends, and I'm perfectly willing to forgive you and move on. I like to think the other leaders are good people and will do the same. I'd also forgive anyone else who asked, but they'd have to ask first.

I'm sorry if any of this came across as harsh. I trust my friends to tell me if I'm doing something wrong, and I also trust them to understand that when I criticize them it's because I care about them.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

A bit late...

Postby Igniis » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:16 am

I know I'm a bit late on responding to this post, and don't really want to read every response due to the fact that from what I've read, it doesn't look like anybody is volunteering for positions.

At this time, I would not only like to volunteer for the position of 'Dude in charge of rank 3-6', but I would love it. To me, doing those rank missions is very fun, entertaining, and can build lots of moral between members. Especially if the only people doing the rank missions are from the LS it's self, and we get lots of participation from our members.

I will post on the /lsmes the fact that I will start doing rank missions on Thursday evenings. This is due to the fact that Sat; I'm at my GF's, Sunday evenings; I have Sky, Monday; I need to get EXP back from deaths / farm some, Tuesday; Dynamis, Wednesday; Sky again, Thursday; usually EXP / farm, but doing events would be very fun, and Friday; I'm only on every other Friday evening depending on if I have to work on Sat, or not.

I would also love to help people with Limit break quests because it's another great way to build LS cohesion, and such. I'm not really volunteering for that position, but if you need my help with LBs, or anything just let me know.

Claq: Please message me in game (Friend list, or something) and let me know if you approve / disapprove it so we can discuss it. Once I'm approved, I will then request that an administrator make me a sub-section in the Missions section titled "Igget's Missions" That way, if someone wants to post a request for me to help them gather people, or they can't post for self I can post for them, and other members can then sign up there, and I won't have to sift through all the other posts in the Missions area of the site.
I am the master of any job. You put a task in front of me, and I shall make it my bitch.
Igget: BLM75, WHM37, RDM30, NIN26
Igniis: MNK51, THF27, WAR25.
Igniis
New Forumer

Postby Claquesous » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:10 am

The changes were put on hold partially because of Mayous and Izzy's mother's health and partially because I'm a wimp about enforcing them.

I think when Mayous is back, we should probably have a meeting of a few of the sackholders and discuss how structured we want to be about the proposed changes. A couple people have volunteered to relinquish their sacks, and I've always had a few names in mind for certain positions, but you're right that there hasn't been much volunteering for leadership positions.

Thank you for your leadership, and hopefully you've gotten the ball rolling.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

PreviousNext

Return to Linkshell Information