[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - The Start of the LS Bank

The Start of the LS Bank

A place to post information about the Linkshell, duh.

The Start of the LS Bank

Postby Mayous » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:32 am

Ok guys here's whats up. In order to do anything in the fun world of FFXI we need gil so this is what I've come up with. We all do some farming, donate, BCNM donation of items, and NM camping. I know at first it will be a little rough to get started but I'm willing to help out and start us off by donating the first 15k. Any gil donated to the bank of WS will go towards events we have coming up in the near future, and events that are still in the works. if you want to make a donation the Char thats going to serve as the LS bank as of now is "Jeska" I'd like to make a tool to help keep track of all the funds in the ls bank somehow. Maybe a forum where we can write down what things were donated how much gil is in the bank, and so on. I know that alot of people are thinking at this point that who died and made me Pres. well if you think that someone else should hold onto the ls's money then by all means speak up. The only reason I said my mule is that 1) I dont use her for anything 2) I'm online about 80% of the time. Like I said before I know it's going to take some time and effort to get this going but the possiblites in the end will be fantastic I promise you. Please give me your thoughts and Idea's as I am open to all suggestions.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:19 pm

I think having a character as a LS bank is a good idea. They could also serve as the LS bazaar for those mannequin parts or other things we may get together.

I would suggest if you're truly not using Jeska for anything right now that you maybe delete the character and restart it with a name that indicates WanderingSoulz or WSBank or something like that. I'd be glad to help out with farming items to quest for inventory and safe expansion etc.

I think we should be explicit about what the purpose of the bank is. I do not believe the bank should be there to help JoeWS get the Empy he always wanted. However, we can use the bank to buy medication to help out with JoeWS's Empy BCNM run. If the bank is used for this then at least some of the money from selling the Mannequin head should be returned to the bank.

Other Linkshells have characters which hold lowish level NQ equipment so that it can be shared between people that need it. I think that could be another use for our bank.

Those are just a few thoughts, but I'll open the floor back up for anyone else that wants to comment.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Jerik » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:27 pm

I think WSbank could loan the money to JoeWS so he can get his Empy, it's just that he might have to pay a little interest back along with the money WSbank loaned. :twisted:
Jerik
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Mayous » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:33 pm

Not a bad idea all in all. I was thinking more along the lines of the WSbank paying for Meds and the such for BCNM's as Claq stated and for Rank runs and the such. Also I'd like to have a depost of Crystals. Give that extra helping hand when it comes to getting people started Crafting. I know that there are people in this ls that sell stacks of crystals or just toss them all together. I'm willing to donate all my stacks of Crystals to the LS. I think I have one Char almost full of stacks. The way this deposite would have to work is that you can trade for crystals, such as if you need Earth you can trade stack for stack depending on what the deposite has in supply. Also there is another way, The deposite could sell you the Crystals at a lower price then the AH. Then all the money gathered in this way would get stored in the bank. Everyone plz post and let me know what you think.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Mayous » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:02 am

I'm sure alot o people have viewed this and not replied. PLEASE reply and let us knw some of the ideas in your head about this.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:54 am

Just read this now and it looks like a good idea. I agree there should be some method of keeping tabs on what has been donated and is currently "stocked" in the Bank. In terms of actually giving credit for a donated item I think it should just be a donation...like a charity there's a receit of some form (without the tax break hehe). I have no problems donating gear that is sitting on Gothmog and that I likely wont use if someone can put it to better use. The only thing I would stipulate is that if an item is borrowed it will not be sold without the acceptance of the one who lent the item themself.

Anyways, just a few ideas i had when i read the topic :)
Aelfwise
Sky God

sweets

Postby Hakku » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:49 pm

I think that this is a great idea...to bad the materials arn't free for crafting....*wink**wink* But the LS bank and Crystal Depot. Is a great idea...Thanks to all the BAMF in the LS for using good Jedi Mind Tricks and fooling the rest of the world in to WS world Domination:) muhahaha....:)
peace
hakku :twisted: :idea:
Hakku
Valkurn Voyager

Postby Estarie » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:16 pm

this almost sounds like something SE should be thinking about, Opening up a place in Jeuno and Ahg Urgan like an LS bank.. We had Something like this in CoH/CoV where items could be shared and stored. also when whering your Supergroup Colours and Symbol along with the money you made from defeating bad guys a portion of that automaticly went to the SG (super group). sounds like someone shold write SE a Letter and see if they would do this in an update. ... justa thought
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Mayous » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:24 pm

I'm with you Esty SE should think about opening a place where an LS can open a bank to store Crystals and Gil. They based this game off of team work and bonding with other players So why not makeit easier for LS's to become closer and make runs easier. Well I know I cant spell worth crap but oh well. Anyway I'm going to start donating the money off my BCNM's and KSNM runs. That should put the LS bank to a good start. When the Bank Reaches 500k we will start events. When it reaches in the millions as I'm trying to get it, The LS can focus on CoP &/or Salvage. I'd like to recruit more people into the LS also. People on your Friends list see if you can get them to stop in. If you dont have a pearl Sack ask one that it online to get your friend a pearl.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby almeada » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:17 pm

Good idea may. and that would be a good thing if SE setup an account like that esty. It would make things a lot easier to manage.
ZM: Complete CoP: Complete ToAU: Complete
Apocalypse Nigh: Complete Divine Might: Complete
San'Doria: Rank 10 Windurst: Rank 10 Bastok: Rank 5
SAM75 WHM75 NIN75 RNG75 MNK73 BLM70
almeada
Kuftal Kicker

Next

Return to Linkshell Information