[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - A New Day is Dawning

A New Day is Dawning

A place to post information about the Linkshell, duh.

A New Day is Dawning

Postby Mayous » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:51 am

Ok guys I really think that this site is more important to the linkshell then people know. I also would like Claq to see about adding some color to the site maybe. I've looked at some other sites done by other ls's and I findwe are lacking a little bit of spunk. We need to get a few more willing people in this ls, we need a over all new image and we need to start getting all the members involved in the ls as a whole. We can start by setting up a day to help people within the ls. Another thing we can do is set up a day were the ls meets somewhere in game to have a talk about things that need to get done. I also believe that all the floaters are good for the ls in a way and bad for the ls also. People think of this as a social ls and to tell you the truth it is kinda but not really. I'd like to see this ls be so much more then just a place to make a joke and laugh with for a few minutes then move on. I'd like to see things like us starting up a LS bank to start paying for rank runs and ls events. I'd also like to see the ls do more things as a whole, and not just things that people need. I understand people like to do things on their own sometimes but guys we need to work together to get things done and get things on track. Maybe even start our own sky, HNM, salvage, and assualt runs in the future. I have big idea's and a strong will, just need some people to stand up and help me lead the ls in the right direction, so stand up and help yourself, while helping the ls to be stronger and more fierce.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Jerik » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:26 pm

I was kinda thinking the same thing Mayous, set a day aside and just do things for/with the LS. I think it would be great if we could do that, then we would have less people complaining about not getting help. I have a lot of Beastmen Seals, like 2½ stacks worth of the buggers, and I would have probably 3 stacks if I didn't throw them away when I first started. :(
Jerik
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:57 pm

Thanks Mayous for your leadership. I definitely agree that people should use the website more. I can't really do much about colour because I'm a horrible artist, but if you search around online and find a phpBB theme you like, I can get it installed here.

I haven't put terribly much time and effort into the site lately because nobody's been using it, but if that changes I can try to fix things up some more.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Good Leadershit

Postby Hakku » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:29 am

I'm glad to see that this ls has such good leadership. It helps things run quite a bit more smoothly. I'm sorry that i'm not high enough lvl to help out most of the time, but when i'm higher i plan on working my ass off to help this ls become everything it can be....leadership isn't taught either your born with it or you not....glad to see some are

peace
:twisted:
hakkku \m/
Hakku
Valkurn Voyager

Postby Mayous » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:51 am

Well in saying that Hakku I reply that a Leader is only as good as the people around him and I have to say that we have some of the best people you can find in WS. I think we just lack a few key area's and if we can over come that then we are destined for greatness. On any given day you can log into WS and find 5-7 people on the ls. Thats enough to get a pt started or get a coffer key, do a BCNM or just run around bothering the Unicorn server. Guys Friendship and respect are earned things, and only those that give it can recieve it. I try and put my best foot forward to help this ls, and the only thing I expect back is that the members I help do so if someone asks and even if they dont ask. Helping someone when they ask you is a sign you cant say no, Offering your help without being asked is the sign of someone wanting to better the machine we call WS.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Mayous » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:21 am

Ok guys in a nutshell here's the deal. People kind of left the shell/dont visit it much anymore because they didnt get the help they needed. Well thats what we're trying to fix. I'd like everyone to try and be on Fridays at 3pm CST for LS meeting if thats to early let me know but it will proboly only take up about 30min-1hr of your time. I'd like to start this friday gather together in upper Jeuno at the chapel at first then we'll find our own spot to gather. Also I'd like to make Tuesdays are ls help day. The way this day is going to work is that on friday during the meeting we'll figure out who needs help with what and make a choice of who gets help that week. Now the way we figure out who gets help for the week is going to be a Vote between the Sack holders that show on Friday. Also I cant speak for Claq on this but I've made a comment to Claq about everyone with sacks and to speak plain about it some people that have pearl sacks really dont do as much as a ldr should. These other people in the ls that have simply a pearl look up to the higher levels and to the sack holders even if they dont want to admit it, and further more I think that a sack holder should 75% of the time put the ls above his own person gain. The other 25% of the time is understandable, cause no one wants to help all the time and there is real life. So I'm going to speak clear when I say that maybe we should revelauate who all has pearl sacks and deceide on wither they should keep there sack or be dropped to a pearl. I'm not talking that I'm above this, if someone has a valid reason why I shouldnt be a sack holder then I will give mine up as well. Guys it's like this, We either need to pick it up in this ls or pack it up cause we're at the cross roads. We're never going to get new people and or make our own people better at the rate we're going. We need to do more things together to get to know each other better and I also really hate not seeing some of the people that used to be on the ls all the time. Well god knows how long I've been typing on here so I'll finish with these few words.

Life is what you make it, be that a thousand dollars or a thousand punches in the face, it's your choice make the right one.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Jerik » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:38 am

I get home from work alittle before 4:15 CST but I'm sure you guys can start at 4 without me, a mere pearl-holder.
Jerik
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Mayous » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:30 pm

I'm not sure what that means Jerik "A mere-pearl holder" Because in my eyes everyone in this ls has a say on what happens thats why we're going to have meetings and why we post here in the forums. So I'm not really sure what you mean by that.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:48 pm

I have treated the sack holding privilege as more of a sign of trust than a responsibility to help out. I worry that some people will see it as a sign of rank.

The game is built in a way that there is only one shell holder who is omnipotent in terms of the shell. That so happens to be me, but it very well could've been and arguably should've been Aelf. I may have more power than others, but I hope that people will agree that I haven't abused that power. I hope that people respect me not because of this power, but because I am a living, breathing, and contributing member of WanderingSoulz. You may choose to respect me more than other members for my dedication and personality, but please ignore my rank.

Similarly, sack holders have more in shell powers than pearl holders but that doesn't mean that they should require more respect and as far as I can tell they aren't abusing their added power.

Anyone who may not agree with me that shell/sack/pearl is meaningless will be understandably upset if they are "demoted." This is why I haven't done it so far. I have pretty much "promoted" anyone who asked and a handful that didn't ask.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Jerik » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:23 pm

I'm sorry, that came out the wrong way, it seems. I was just picking on myself.
Jerik
Kuftal Kicker

Next

Return to Linkshell Information