[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - A New Day is Dawning

A New Day is Dawning

A place to post information about the Linkshell, duh.

Postby Mayous » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:38 pm

Every member in WS is a important part of the machine that is or ls. We just need a way to figure out what things take priority over other things and everyone has to remember that Rome wasnt built in a day. We all for the most part live in different time zones so getting us all together is a task, one that I've been trying to work on, because frankly we need to all get together and see where everyone stands as far as the ls.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Beware of Danger

Postby Kolob » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:27 pm

I think we need to realize the impact of one person for good or bad in the linkshell. Mayous has proven himself to be unselfish in how he acts. He goes on promy runs helps with rank mission among other things. He does these things knowing he doesn't have anything to gain. Aelfwise has also been a great example too. There are more but these two come to my mind as being the most consistant.
One the other had we have people that do nothing be get on the LS and complain, cut people down, but yet can't take any teasing. It is this kind of attitude that almost destroyed the linkshell and drove many people away, including myself. If we have a repeat offended something needs to be done, I am not sure what, but i get the feeling that people think they are untouchable, thus can do and act as they want. If this keeps up we will have a repeat of problems past.
I know that I have not been the best person in the linkshell. When i see this happening I do not say anything. I will try to be more vocal than in the past. Also, I have not been the most helpful player. I have been trying my best to improve in the areas I am lacking. I have tried to be a good example wher I can. Now that I am above level 70 I will try and help more. However, if I am to open my mouth and correct problems that several of us have witnessed I want to know that I will have backing from those who are leaders. I am not saying that we go off on an SS movement but if someone has upset, offended, and several leaders in an agreement that something needs to be done, they we need act, not sending tells back and forth. Those that are pearls you are just as important to the linkshell then anything else. We need you support when action is taken or if you have a problem you need to make it know. We cannot let things go on so long that people eventually leave. We need see a problem, address it, fix it then move on to the next. The more problems we resolve the better the ls will be and new leaders will come forth to help out. The linkshell is only as strongest as our weakest link, if we strengthen these link by helping them then we will only become stronger and eventually unbreakable.
Kolob
Yhoator Yuppie

Postby Kolob » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:16 am

Actually, after tonight I am taking a break from WS, I will be there for the Promy run if it happens Thursday. After that if you need me send me a tell and I will come help if I can.
Kolob
Yhoator Yuppie

Postby Piraya » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:59 pm

I apologize for giving Suranx so much power by not kicking him when I knew I should have. IMO he is a drain on many in the linkshell and tries to light fires just to watch things burn. If I were to do it over...
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Mayous » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:20 pm

Do I stand alone now? You al want to know something? I help not because I feel I have to, or because other people see it and think of me as a leader, or even because people give me a pat on the back. I help because I want to see this ls become more then what it is. Right now this ls is just a social place for some to come in and say hello and leave 10 minutes later. I want this ls to be so much more. I've spent my entire life in FF trying to live up to the leadership I seen everyday. Piraya Was a great leader, he had his faults like everyone else but all in all he was a great leader. Claq, He is a great leader as well, As I said before everyone has their faults, but a great leader all in all. With some help and a little bit of selfless service this ls would shine like the brightest star. Most of our members atm are at lvl50 or below so help with alot of endgame stuff has to be saught outside the ls. Well, if we had a little more effort by those at high lvl's then are lo lvl members could be pushed to the goals they want to achieve and in by doing so your only helping yourselves. By making this ls stronger your helping yourself, and others. Maybe I've been wrong, Maybe I'm a helpless dreamer. Maybe I have pushed to hard on some members. Whatever the reason I'm losing members of my Family (Wanderingsouls) and it hurts. Ya FFXI is a game but the friendships we make in this game mean so much more to me. So I leave it up to you, all of you. Do we go on from here? or do we make this the last stand for Wanderingsouls, because I dont think I have it in me to Stand Alone, and thats what it's coming too.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:27 pm

Too much drama! :evil:

I don't know how to reply to Kolob's second posting, so I'll just reply to the first one. Kolob, you are one of the leader's of the linkshell by sheer fact that I believe you were the first member. I think you are doing yourself a disservice when you compare yourself to Mayous. Just because you're not helping as many people as he is, doesn't mean you're a valuable addition to the Linkshell. Just by being around, you are benefiting the shell. I look up to you as a person with amazing integrity and morality and I would rather have you around just keeping a positive attitude than not have you around at all. Recently, you mentioned that you were thinking of exercising more and playing FFXI less. I strongly encourage you to do this, because that's what I have been doing lately and it has definitely benefited my happiness in a way that I think also benefits the shell.

Since Piraya mentioned the name that I think others were referring to, I'd like to make a few comments on Suranx. Suranx can be very irritating and holds grudges against people for far too long. However, I think some people forget that Suranx is still in high school. I believe he's only 18. A large part of his immaturity is simply caused by the fact that he's not old enough to be mature. Nevertheless, there has been times where I have been very impressed with how much he has matured. For those that don't know, he now volunteers as an emergency first responder. He told me that he volunteered because he didn't want to feel helpless if his family or friends are in trouble, but I can't help but assume that the positive influence of Aelf factored into the decision. When he is being irritating, a quick tell is usually enough to quiet him down for a bit. He is well aware of the role he plays in the shell, and has offered to leave on several occasions. I have pretty much told him not to go, but if others think I was wrong then maybe we can reconsider. If Suranx is being detrimental to you enjoyment of FFXI, let him know. Please don't tiptoe around him because that only encourages him to be push the boundaries of how irritating he can be.

Mayous, you are the glue that is holding us together. I hope I've communicated to you how much I value your continued dedication to the shell. I'll also remind you to make sure you get your goals accomplished too.

With all that said, I must admit to still being blind to the turmoil. From what I see, we are in a new golden age of Wandering Souls. People are posting to the site again at a pace that has been missing for over a year. The linkshell member list is commonly hitting two pages during peak play hours. Hopper type members seem to be spending more of their time with us due to our friendly atmosphere. To top it all off, Lummox is back! For those that don't remember Lummox, if there was a way to whipe a full alliance of 75s against a level 1 mob, Lummox could find it. In short, I have been quite happy lately. A loss of a few of my favourite members has hit hard, but we shouldn't overreact. The other signs still look good to me. Let's learn from these mistakes that caused these people to leave rather than doting over them despite all the positive things that are going on. I am rather hopeful that they will be back at some point.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Mayous » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:51 pm

I'm with you Claq. I am happy in the way that the ls is coming around slowly but surely. I also would like to stress the importance of how much each member of the ls means to me. I think that we need to lay down some guide lines of conduct within the ls. As Claq said if Suran is pushing to far then send him a /tell and let him know. Moving from the problem isnt going to solve it only prolong it and in the en have an effect on your overall thought about something as a whole.

I'd also like to thank you Claq fo saying that about me. I try to help when I ca and how I can and I really care little about myself at this point. Yea, I'd like to have SMN to 75 by the end of april but if that doesnt happen and the ls has a new wave of 75's or even a new wave of helpers then yea I'm all for it because in order for this ls to do more then simply survive then we're going to have to do more then simply help ourselves.

This is for you high lvl's. I know I might sound like a drill SGT but I expect more out of you then anyone else in the ls. I expect you to put a good foot forward and give some of your free time to these lower lvl's. Not only are you helping them but your helping yourself as well. The more you hlp them the more they can help you in the future think of it that way. How about a merit party thats only ls. Or how about assualt thats only LS, or how about CoP missions done by the ls. Or Sky unlocked for the ls. There's so many things we can do as a ls, Your dreams are your limits. We could go HNM hunting or farm Sky items or any of the above.

I'd like to touch on the members leaving. I'm sure we've all seen that a few have left. I dont believe for a sec that the ls is at fault. I also believe that sooner or later those members that left will come back. If they dont then we have to drive on. I was friends wit almost everyone that's left and a few of the ones that dont have much time to play. I miss them all but the collective must be stronger then ever to make up for the links of the chain that have been lost.

I know I've said alot here but in closing I'd like to say that no matter what you think about me as a player, and/or person, do the things I'm asking for yourself, that person in the mirror, and do it for the friends you have in this ls. Make WanderingSouls and better place to be by helping us help you.
"The Immortal Shield"
75PLD Forever
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Previous

Return to Linkshell Information