[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - I'm not sure how to say this

I'm not sure how to say this

A place to post information about the Linkshell, duh.

Postby Claquesous » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:12 pm

Kaelsam, with all due respect, I'm a little tired of you complaining about how bad our linkshell is. I really really don't want to sound ungrateful because I certainly appreciate all you have done, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it.

I found your accusation that no one responded to a level 1 race very surprising, so I looked back at all your posts for the last six months. I wasn't very surprised to find out that you never posted about it, and you certainly never set a date. It's very hard for someone to say yes to a request if you never ask it.

While looking at your previous posts I also noticed way too many offers to help for me to count which I assumed you followed up on, but only once did you set a date. I also found four general gripe sessions where you complain about how bad everyone sucks without naming any names.

The last time I set a date with you, you completely blew me off and "quit the game" instead. You never apologized when you came back, and I never complained until now. I never once agreed to a date you set on the site and blew you off. I don't think I ever blew you off to a date you set in game, but I can't promise my memory is perfect.

Again, I really enjoy having you around if you're going to be helping to make the linkshell a better experience for everyone, but if you're only going to come on to bad mouth us I'd rather you stay away. If I haven't been perfectly clear, I'd much prefer the prior and I think you do too.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Lordofchaos » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:15 pm

If i can step in here for a sec the reason he never posted the ls site was his pc down and only recently got it running again.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Piraya » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:04 pm

Ok...listen up. The past 3 weeks and I'm sure more have been nothing but bitching about something. Stop worrying about how much another person contributes to the shell as it has nothing to do with what you contribute. Be more worried about what "you're" doing to help others and be a good friend and stop bringing up things like "well so and so doesn't help" or "I asked for weeks for help and never got a response".

First and foremost its the duty of the person who wants help to seek it and ask for it when many others are on the LS to hear it as well as use this site to post your request if its not heard by enough people there. Everyone has lives outside and inside this game and it takes planning to get things done b/c not everything can be dropped right that second. Also, if you have an idea on a LS event, post it here or on the LS message, ask others if they'd be interested and give some dates and ideas on how and when this could take place. You can't just throw out a rope and expect everyone to climb it...you gotta convince and gauge people's interest.

Secondly, it is your responsibility and yours alone on things getting done inside the LS. Not anyone elses...in many cases the one pointing the finger at another is simply trying to move the attention away from their own guilt on not helping as much as they feel they should. You can't rag on someone else for not helping, in a perfect world everyone would help and no one would abuse the help but this is not a perfect world and those of you who have played for a long time should know by now Vanadiel is far from perfect.

And last but not least. This website is not the only means of getting things done. A few people think that unless its posted on this website nothing was ever said or asked for which is simply not true. Kaelsam did try and set up a level 1 race to Jeuno...it was about the same time I ran one of my level 1 characters from Windy to Jeuno when he brought it up. Thats not the only time he brought it up either...So don't say he never said it because he did...and just because its not on the boards doesn't make it gospel that he never tried. And if you want to throw someone out onto the carpet and in the lime light like you did Kael...please do the same for yourself. I'm not blind and am certainly not deaf. I have heard and seen many things about your obsession with leveling black mage that you have been so preoccupied and unable to do anything else...including helping and being a leader...

So in conclusion...the choice is yours...do you want to make the LS better or do you want to put the responsibility on someone else's shoulders like they were on mine and a few others. Do you want to work on making things more community oriented or would you rather blame someone else and tear at each other like children with a stupid grudge....the choice is yours.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Sephiros » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:08 pm

Everyone just does what the have to do for a reason, because they choose to. The linkshell will always be your hangout, feel free to stop in and hang out for a while. Thats about the best way I can put it.

We do not need to sit here and blame whoever for whatever because it honestly isnt gonna get us anywhere. Except that when we all meet in Vegas or whenever we may have to rent Boxing Arenas to get things squared away.

Bottom line is: Just do what you gotta do. Whether Sephiros is in a static or not, Sephiros is still leveling COR. To be honest, I work better with strangers so I have people to yell at for stupid shit, especially Japs. Doing missions is a matter of usually hearing the shout in the right place at the right time. In linkshell or out of it. Sometimes same with quests. As you get 60+ or 65+, many of the quests are virtually soloable anyway becuase I kid you not I have hero fame in all the cities by doing quests. And I can say, 90% of quests are not as bad as you think.

If people are in the LS, and you need help, then ask. I would say 90% of the time that people ask me to do something I usually get to it. Untill then, every calm down, grab a beer, or 8 and just drink them. And if you like liquor, rinse and repeat. Take er down a notch.
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:23 pm

Piraya, I'm glad to see you're still checking the forum and still care enough about us to post your thoughts. I would say they are very accurate.

It was not my intention to single out Kaelsam as a bad person. I simply wished to say that this thread is meant to look for a way to bring back the positives, but his post seemed to focus on the negatives.

For him to say no one was interested in a level one run I find preposterous because that sounds like more fun than a barrel full of monkeys. I'm pretty sure Piraya, Aelfwise and I all agreed to this when it was first suggested. I simply don't remember him ever setting a date.

Moving forward, I think we need to set up a process that we follow when organizing events. We should try to post here and on the lsmes. If you can't post here, ask someone to post on your behalf. Give enough time for people to RSVP so to say and then cancel or confirm depending on if we have a quorum. If people are late, we need to be clear about whether they are replaceable or get a leeway. If they don't show up, they deserve a finger wagging.

If people think it would be helpful, I can look into incorporating a calendar on the site.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:21 pm

A calendar that people can add events they do on a regular basis I think would benefit everyone. That way people can see what days of the week are generally best to ask for help or to plan events on. Take Aelf for instance...Aelf would place the days and times he's busy doing Sky, etc.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Mayous » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:01 am

Piraya it's good to see that no matter where you go or what you do you always be lost in this crazy world with us. Now I think a Calaender would rock. It would let everyone know exactly when and where they can get help. Also I think that we should take one day outta each week and do missions and or assualt or something to that exstent just as you would for a sky ls or a dynemis ls or whatever. One day a week everyone gets together and we do something as an ls. It doesnt seem to much to ask really. Maybe we could go kill an HNM or something. I'm just throwing out idea's cause I love WS's and I want us to be the best LS on the server.
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:14 pm

Our LS has gone through a few stages like this and it always finds a way through b/c of the core members. Don't worry, things work out in the end. I did find that when we had things set up like LS parties in qufim/yhoat/valkurm/etc., missions/quests that it helped bring people back together. I know I always looked foreward to them. This game is not the only means to stay together. There are other games....this message board....ventrilo...whatever happens in FFXI should not deter us from sticking together and possibly moving from game to game together.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby KickHerInTheDike » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:57 pm

When life gets you down, you know what to do.....

Kick her in the dike.....
KickHerInTheDike
Valkurn Voyager

Postby kaelsam » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:28 pm

lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

PreviousNext

Return to Linkshell Information