[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - I'm not sure how to say this

I'm not sure how to say this

A place to post information about the Linkshell, duh.

I'm not sure how to say this

Postby Mayous » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:37 am

I'm really not sure how to say this so I guess blunt is the only way to say it. Wandering Souls is falling apart at the seems. I remember when this LS stood tall above so many others and was the main reason I signed onto FFXI. For the last month I have seen so many things happen that shouldnt. I dont know the rumors going around nor do I care. All I know is that WS used to be like a family now it's more like a bunch of people out for themselves. I know it may seem as tho I dont help but thats because no one asks me for help. Also I'm sorry if people get mad at this post and I relieze that some of you might even look at me different after reading this. I dont want to lose any of you as friends but guys we need to wake up and get it together or when we do wake up it's going to be to late and thier wont be a LS to try and save. I'm not sure if I'm the only one seeing things this way and I hope that others want to save this LS that has been such a big part of my FFXI life and such a nice place to spend time on. I hope that I got my point across the way that it was intended and I hope that people can settle thier differences because frankly people are leaving WS day by day and it hurts me to watch it happen......
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Sephiros » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:17 pm

I do not think the linkshell is growing apart because of a particular action. People leave, people quit, people go on vacations, and people have their own time. I agree, it is not what it used to be but that does not mean we cannot still keep at it.

My policy on helping people has changed dramatically. Basically if you need my assistance, you need to physically tell me when and where in the game. If you plan something on the forums, 1/2 the linkshell does not use it and most likely it will not happen (happened to me plenty). Like your AF piece Mayous. You asked and I was glad to help.

Unfortunately there really is nothing we can do to get more people together. The linkshell really has always been a "jump-in, jump-out" atmosphere and unless we figure out a way for more group participation, that will not change.

I personally apoligize for being gone for a few weeks but life happens and I am sure that is what most of the problem is, life. Novia is away for a bit, and some other people take days off. That is just how it is.

No matter what happens or where you go, everyone may add me to the friends list and I will never be gone. Myspace and Facebook also work in case I am not online. And shit, I got free phone and free minutes because my father does cell phone work, so just call my cell if you wanna talk, no problem.
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:57 pm

I have felt some of the same apprehensions. I think my worries are not really that I'm not getting the help that I need, but that I feel others are not getting the help that they need. Even though I have no reason myself to be unhappy, I am unhappy because I know others are unhappy.

I think we need to do a better job of communicating. I know some people don't have access to the site at all times, but I think it's very useful. The Linkshell Community site is also helpful for trying to find people that need certain missions or are at a certain level.

I think part of the problem is not ours but in the game in general. RMT are everywhere and ruining the game. SE isn't doing nearly enough to fix the problem. I know this was part of the reasoning for why Piraya quit and I know it's been a huge frustration for me.

These thoughs don't seem to be related whatsoever. I guess I'll conclude by saying that I remain committed to the linkshell and I will try to do my best to keep it an enjoyable part of everyone's game.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Jerik » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:50 pm

I have been with this LS since I started FFXI, thanks to Suran, and it's my only LS, too. I like this LS and would hate for it to go away. Most of my friends are in the LS, so if the LS were to disappear, that would seriously suck, and I would really miss you guys, and I would probably play FFXI a bit less than I do now.

I haven't been on because I've been working on a better vehicle for winter, and if I can get on I'm only on for a couple hours on weekdays, and the weekends, it depends on what's going on, otherwise, I don't work weekends so I'm free as long as we set it up ahead of time so I can say, "screw you guys, I have to help some friends on FFXI," but for the most part, me trying to help you guys wouldn't be too much help since I'm only a 41 WAR, and if I were a higher level, I would gladly help, if I could, because it's fun to party with your friends.
Jerik
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Mayous » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm

When I made this post it wasnt for the purpose of making anyone mad nor was it saying that the ls was going to disappear it was in hopes that people would try and come back together. I understand life happens but the truth is when this ls first started when someone signed in and said hello that person was made felt like they were welcome. I'm not saying that it doesnt still happen but I'm saying that it would be nice if everyone would help make the ls a family again. I've been with this ls for a long time and I just see this ls declining a bit. I hope that we can step our efforts and help make this ls great again. I think that if he got some new blood on here it would help alot also.
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:51 pm

Actually, for a while at one point having "new blood" seemed to have a diminishing effect on the LS. When we started it was a very tight knit group that knew everyone and participated in various activities. Granted, most were relatively low level so we didn't have the big time sink activities like Sky, Sea, Dynamis, Limbus, etc. Regardless, it would be nice to have some events for LS members but it has been attempted before with little success. Might just take more planning, I dont know.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Mayous » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:18 am

Well I'd like to see the LS go in a good direction an I'd love to see the LS do assualt and other things like take a week and see if any ls members need anything. or take a week and see if we can go farming and get the ls members money. I'd just like to see more ls member's involved in the ls is what I'm getting at. Everyone kinda jst does there own thing. I wish we did things together foreal. Isnt that what an ls is all about? please do correct me if I'm wrong.
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby kaelsam » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:18 am

In case noone remembers i tried for almost 3 months to get a lvl 1 job run to jeuno. Even so far as to put 100k on the line to the winner. Only person that came to make it besides me was esteban so we decided not to have it. I have tried many many times to get stuff together by posting on this site or asking ingame with no response at all. Im sorry guys i have basically given up on WS and more than likely wont do much more than pop on from time to time. I am still helping ppl in this ls and will more than likely do that, btw sorry mayous we couldnt get u ur key that nite and u had to wait so long to try again. As seph said it getting help or getting the ls together for an event has always been interesting at best so dont get ur hopes up for that. As a matter of fact i believe i was the only one that even offered to help u seph and i died doin it but it was fun regardless. Mainly cause that other group got wiped twice doin it while we just watched ^^ funny shit. If neone needs help ingame look me up im almost always on and either mercing myself out or pissing RMT's off by taking there NMs so let me know.
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Mayous » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:00 am

Well I'm sorry to here that Kael. Thanks for tryin to help me that night. It was fun. I enjoy just hangin out with the LS even if it's just running around in Rolonberry killin crap for nothing. I just want this LS to do something together cause I miss doin shit with you guys.
Mayous
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:50 pm

Every person has a reason to play the game...for some its the leveling, for others crafting, others might enjoy the items they can upgrade to, and finally others believe in building a community where all those things are important but make way for community. For about 2-3 months I felt we had the best community on Unicorn. I would rush home from work just to be able to play and BS with you guys...but things change, people change, needs/wants change and so the evolution of the LS progressed. Ups and downs like in life the core group still held strong. I was forced to take several breaks throughout our lifespan as I felt overwhelmed and underachieved of that goal. Always to come back a little refreshed but never the same drive that was there before. Selfish people have a way about sucking the life right out of you. Whether they're selfish in the way that they want what they want and want it now or are selfish with their time and don't contribute to the helping of others and are too preoccupied with their own goals. Many in the current status us WanderingSoulz fall under the latter category relying on the helpful ones to make the shell go on.

I created the mission statement to give a refresher to current members along with educating new members about what I was trying to create with the LS...but I failed and for that I'm sorry. I'm done with FFXI...I can't go back to that world as its corrupted and tainted in my eyes. My door is always open to trying to create a new version of WanderingSouls on Lineage 2 but I will not be devoting anymore energy into making it work in FFXI.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Next

Return to Linkshell Information