[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Ventrilo or Teamspeak

Ventrilo or Teamspeak

A place to post information about the Linkshell, duh.

Ventrilo or Teamspeak

Postby Piraya » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:59 pm

Well my buddy from work recently got a new laptop and let me have/use his in an effort to finally sway me over to Lineage 2. I've been using a couple different Ventrilo channels to talk to our little clan members but was considering looking into getting a domain on Ventrilo and having it open to you guys as well. Might be a decent way of keeping in touch and those that have a pc can jump into a social channel, leveling channel, event channel etc. to get things done. Even if you play on ps2 or xbox 360 if you have a computer you can at least plug into Ventrilo if your pc is nearby and you have a headset. Just a thought...
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Tehya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:18 pm

Ok well first off, can someone explain alil what this game called Lineage 2 is about?
If this is about WAR, GUTS, Huntin ppl down and showing thier guts explode everywhere then, no thx. =(
Sorry but yes its true, a blondie wanna be here. Have no clue about other online games.
Are you inviting others who do NOT play this too jump onto the teamspeak too just chat or to also be on Lineage 2 only while playing together?
LV75 Whitemage {yes, please}<{Done} {CoP}<{Done} {Assault}<{LV4}
What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.
My Love:
Truly, I am the dream you have,
but the reality you cannot accept.
Therefore, for the rest of my life...
I walk with my arms wrapped around
the emptiness of you beside me.
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Piraya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:26 pm

I'm not asking anyone to play Lineage 2. I was planning on setting up a channel for FFXI users and a channel for Lineage 2 along with other channels for events, leveling, etc. Thats not to say I wouldn't like people to join me on Lineage as it would be pretty fun to have you guys there I don't expect it to happen. This was more of a way to see if anyone had an interest in this at all and another way to keep in touch.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Tehya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:46 pm

Well get your ass outof the titbaby mode and explian what this game is about. :P
My Love:
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Piraya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:00 pm

This game is similar to FFXI in a few ways but the play/combat style is very different. Instead of just fighting a mob at a time and having a puller you camp a room/area and just run the room till you're tired or bored. At higher levels you can join larger clans/alliances and participate in things like Raid Bosses and Castle Sieges. This is an open pvp game which some will like and some will not. So far the only character I've had get messed with is my little dwarf girl xCoCoPuffx simply because dwarf characters are typically what farmers use. The items and skills in the game have many similarities to FFXI but the main differences you level skills instead of purchasing a new spell/skillbook and armor is best in an armor set which is where you get your bonuses. Its difficult to explain here but I've purchased a space on a Ventrilo server which I will hand out access to whoever wants it and discuss things there.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Tehya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:03 pm

Hmmm, sounds alil like WoW to me. But maybe am wrong on that.
My Love:
Tehya
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:59 pm

Sounds like you "level up" on skills rather than having strict jobs. For example you could create a character and learn the abilities Provoke and the magic spell Stone. So you're half tank and half DD.

I saw a discussion recently about skills based games vs. class based games. Many people preferred the customization available in gaining skills. Others think it's much easier to collaborate since certain jobs have obvious roles.

Is Lineage a skill based game or is it still class based with more configuration of the order you learn skills?

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:05 pm

Lineage is a class based game actually. With many more classes and races to choose from then FFXI. The main categories of all the classes hold true to most of the cooperative MMO's. Healer, Buffer, Nuker, DD, Tank, etc. Biggest thing I like is you can make a group work with a few members and don't need a complete party with all necessary jobs to get good exp like in FFXI. Of course it works better with at least a member that can heal/buff up the party as there is less downtime.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Claquesous » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:05 pm

Sorry, forgot about the original question.

I could probably use a teamspeak type of service, but I don't think it would be too effective unless you had a majority of people using it and I'm not sure we'd have that.

There's also the problem of psychology. It also takes away a little bit of the anonymity of the game. I would say that I use games to escape the real world where I have some social anxieties. When you add voice, some of those anxieties come back.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Piraya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:07 pm

You get used to it Claq. Then it becomes a pain in the ass when you have to start typing again.
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Next

Return to Linkshell Information