[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Pearlsack Abilities/Responsibilities

Pearlsack Abilities/Responsibilities

A place to post information about the Linkshell, duh.

Pearlsack Abilities/Responsibilities

Postby Claquesous » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:45 am

I created the new linkshell and have started to hand out pearls and create sacks. I just wanted to put my thoughts here about pearlsacks.

The way I see it, a Pearlsack holder has three abilities and certain responsibilites that come with them.

1. Setting the Linkshell Message. This is pretty straight forward. I'd like to see more events planned using the message, but don't have may more thoughts than that.

2. Kicking. A pearl sack holder can kick any normal pearl holder. I want the linkshell to be free of personal drama. Any personal issues should be taken care of through tells. If there are any fights, then I believe all parties involved should be kicked. In the past, we have kicked the worst offender and tried to patch things up once the dust settled. In retrospect, I don't think this was fair. I expect pearlsack holders to rigorously enforce this rule and most certainly not to violate it. Once someone has been kicked, I don't mind getting them a new pearl once the problems have been settled.

3. Recruiting. This is the most obvious responsibility, but one that I take very seriously. Obviously we want to recruit people who will make the game more enjoyable. We are getting to be a more mature linkshell and I would like to keep it that way. In general I think level 30 or so should be a minimum for the shell. If you think someone shows promise, I would recommend that you befriend them and keep an eye on them then invite them once they hit 30. I think at times people have invited people to the shell to make the game better for that person rather than better for the shell.

At this point, I'd like some feedback. If you think I'm being unreasonable please let me know.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby kaelsam » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:14 pm

damn i hate having to miss so much time from the game cause im officially lost on whats going on now! Thought aelf was making the new ls? nething going on that i need to know about before i come back? lol
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Lordofchaos » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:43 pm

I would like to have one of the new ls.
Lordofchaos
Boyahda Browser

Postby Estarie » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:38 pm

Kol, gave me a Pearl today, so i'm set to go with the new LS 8)
Estarie
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:55 pm

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:58 pm

Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby kaelsam » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:06 pm

i agree with aelf with the exception of the lvl restriction. i have met alot of ppl lower than lvl 30 with alot more class and awareness of right and wrong ingame than i have 30 and above. just my two cents though. i do however say quality over quantity.
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Sephiros » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:50 pm

did you call the linkshell "Servants of Sephiros"? If you did I would be impressed... ;p
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:07 am

Rules are meant to be broken and the level limit is a rule that certainly could be broken. As an amendment to the rules, I'd say that level 30, Rank 5, or level 1 of an advanced job should be the requirement since we can safely assume someone has level 30 on some job if they are as high as Rank 5 or they have friends who are very helpful and may be candidates for the linkshell as well.

What I really don't like to see is hourdes of people on the shell who are level 4 without a subjob. Unless they are Mayous and found a bug to wipe out their subjob. I get a little tired of explaining basic concepts over and over.

As a horror story, we once had a character that someone invited at level 4 or so. He had a really positive attitude and asked some really good questions. One that came up a few times was how do I get Summoner? We helped him along the way and he was a quick learner getting up to 18 and getting a subjob then leveling that really quickly. We leveled as a linkshell with him as our WHM in Valkurn Dunes and he did great. A few days later we organized a party for Qufim Island again with him as the WHM. When it came time for our party he shows up as 24 WHM when everyone else is 20. So we were stuck with 5 people and no WHM. He explained that he really wanted SMN really fast and didn't want to wait for us. When Piraya pushed the issue he started to get really arrogant and impatient. Piraya kicked him and we all agreed it was the right thing to do. About a week later I noticed this player as a low level SMN. Two weeks later he was a 30ish SMN. I haven't seen him since. This was a player with a one track mind set on a goal with no concern about who we stepped on to get there. His true colours didn't show until he was level 30 and I can only assume he quit because he found out this game can only be fun and successful when you have friends help and be helped along the way.

This is by far the worst case that I can think of and not the normal case. The same thing could happen with someone who is level 30. Anyone lower than 50 or so will be very little help in the shell since we have enough high level people to help out already. Those people will require more of our time than they can give back. We should see them as an investment and my only point is that we should really focus on investing where the dividends will be greatest. I trust your judgement to be selective.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:44 pm

For the most part I agree with your statement Claq. The only thing that I'm a little more flexible on is the party about helping lower level characters. Piraya (and others) put themselves out for us when we were unable to do alot of things (not all that long ago really). This led me to want to help others as he did me. We shouldn't just think about it one sided, as in "how best can this benefit me", but to think about it in "how best can I benefit the linkshell." Obviously the higher level the person is the easier time they will have in assisting, but it definitely shouldn't be a sticking point.

Anyways, that's my two cents :p
Aelfwise
Sky God

Next

Return to Linkshell Information