[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Website? Webspace?

Website? Webspace?

A place to post information about the Linkshell, duh.

Website? Webspace?

Postby Sephiros » Tue May 09, 2006 1:45 am

As a graduation gift, my father got me my own webspace and domain with the following:

50 GB Webspace
500 Email Accounts
500 GB Traffic
2 Domains (one is ronsholtis.com for my portfolio stuff)

Pretty cool so I can store my stuff, but obviously 50GB is a hell of alot. If interested, the other domain could be wanderingsouls.com or something if not taken. From there I can give certain people access to some of the space because I can divide it up to build site and forums (Claq, Pir, etc.). You can create a new forum and people can store more things. Obviously this is all just a proposition and hypothetical at this point. I thought I would throw the offer out there and perhaps we can discuss it.

See what thoughts we have.
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Tue May 09, 2006 11:50 am

Cool. I'm pretty sure wanderingsouls.com is already taken, but we could consider something like wanderingsoulsffxi.com or wanderingsouls-linkshell.com etc.

Do you have any idea what software is running on the server? I could make a complete backup of this website and migrate it over pretty easily if they had the same software available. I run with apache2, php4.x, and PostgreSQL 8.x. Migrating to MySQL or different versions of the same programs may be possible.

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Sephiros » Tue May 09, 2006 7:48 pm

i believe it has MySQL so you can set one up to transfer if necessary. It has CGI, Pearl, and a few others. I honestly would not know exactly what you need but I could get you a FTP login anyway so you could try
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Piraya » Fri May 12, 2006 8:11 pm

This would be a nice addition if what I hope happens can/will happen. I'd like WanderingSouls to be a guild that can switch games together and not be tied to just one. I'd like to think that the time spent with you all is not in vein and that we can keep close from game to game.

One game I'm looking foreward to coming out soon is Huxley, and of course Halo 3 but that goes without saying. Huxley is a MMO FPS and sounds very interesting. I think it'd be cool to setup a little clan of us on that game and run around like S.W.A.T. lol
Piraya
PimpTaruTaru

Postby Sephiros » Tue May 16, 2006 12:59 am

yeah sounds like fun. I will leave the domain open untill things become more RESOLVED lol...
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Aelfwise » Tue May 16, 2006 9:25 am

Couldn't this site itself be used as a gamut of game sites? We aren't limited to FFXI here, it's just our focal game right now. I think it'd be nice to have a few others featured as they surface (like Huxley). Just a suggestions.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Return to Linkshell Information