[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wandering Soulz • View topic - Pimped Out Gear Website

Pimped Out Gear Website

A place to post information about the Linkshell, duh.

Pimped Out Gear Website

Postby Claquesous » Thu May 04, 2006 6:22 pm

Like any committed FFXI player I am constantly trying to pimp myself out by getting the best gear possible. Finding the best gear is a rather time consuming process usually involving using ffxi.somepage.com's advanced search feature and checking against a whole bunch of stats.

Recently I've been thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if there was a website that could weight each stat and could spit out the best gear possible based on my level?"

The more I think about it, the more I realize I could make such a site, and I'm not sure it would be all that hard.

I know Sephiros has a program that lets you see what gear looks like on character models. I think it would be cool if I could create an image with how I would look in my newly found Pimped Out gear.

So I guess what I'm looking for is some feedback. Does anyone else think this is the best freaking idea in the history of the world or is it just me? Also do you have any suggestions on where I can get the data from? I would have to keep a database with all gear in the game. Is there a way to get information from the files on a PC install or would it need to be manually entered?

Claquesous 3052 Damage 12/21/07
Montparnasse 3120 1/15/09
Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Exp: 621 (Chain #1 solo IT +KS). 1/11/07
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby kaelsam » Thu May 04, 2006 6:28 pm

i do have to say thats a good idea u got there claq and i for one would love to see something of the sort. it would make it a whole lot easier to figure out what u need to b saving for in advance. one suggestion i would have would b to add a feature to where u could get the quest involved in getting said item or weapon. although u could still use somepage for that though. just a suggestion though.
lmao......where r we going again?
Umm again where r we going and why do i have to drive the school bus?
Always remember: if u dont enjoy masturbation then u only have urself to blame!!!!
kaelsam
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Claquesous » Thu May 04, 2006 6:53 pm

I was considering adding an option to only list items that are available on the AH. I'm not sure if anything further than that on how to obtain it would be worth the effort.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby Aelfwise » Thu May 04, 2006 7:13 pm

Actually the program that sephiros uses (and that Esty has a copy of as well) uses the data contained in your FFXI folder to present the gear you see on screen. It only accesses the image I believe, however, so I dont think you could view the stats of the items as easily. I'd love to see something like what you're suggesting though. I've thought of such a program myself, but I don't think that I have the programming skills necessary to write one (I do have some basic knowledge to make one, but it would be incredibly basic).

If you'd like help in compiling stats etc, I could offer you help in that facet.
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby ziquan » Thu May 04, 2006 7:48 pm

yeah. the model viewer doesn't show stats. It just shows appearance. I don't know how you would easily obtain stat info for each piece other than writing it yourself.
ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Sephiros » Sun May 07, 2006 3:32 pm

It would be possible to write code for it, should not be that bad. Problem is I play on XBOX 360 now tho so I would have to install it for PC again, plus I do not have the expansion for PC so those items are out. Maybe I will look into that. I will be on early next week.
---------------------
Myspace:

deviantART:

Profile:

Sephiros
Uhrgan Urger

Postby Claquesous » Mon May 08, 2006 2:09 pm

I put some time into starting this thing.

The URL is .

You should be able to add and edit equipment, but most of the fields aren't implemented yet so don't waste your time trying to figure out why it won't save your values.

I made a quick pass at the main stats, but if everyone could go in and tell me what other stats they think I should add I'd appreciate it.

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Postby ziquan » Mon May 08, 2006 3:10 pm

you misspelled "Successfully added "
but i added to your collection. you'll thank me later when you forget what DEF the lizard belt has.
ziquan
Kuftal Kicker

Postby Aelfwise » Mon May 08, 2006 4:33 pm

because we all want the lizard belt to be the most accurate item hehe.

nice little app, i look forward to seeing it mature
Aelfwise
Sky God

Postby Claquesous » Mon May 08, 2006 4:47 pm

I fixed the typo Ziq pointed out.
Slot is now implemented (i.e. Body, Main, Neck, Ear, etc.)
I think I fixed the bug with items that contain a '.

Thanks for checking it out, but you're supposed to tell me what stats I'm missing. Tell me!

Babet 1766 9/17/08
Gueulemer 1170 6/8/08
Claquesous
Sky God

Next

Return to Linkshell Information